Start by marking “One Less Warlock” as Want to Read:
One Less Warlock

One Less Warlock

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  10 reviews
A Lunch Hour Read

Emile, River City's most powerful warlock, has been stabbed in the back and murdered in his own home. When the police can't get inside the warlock's house--which is protected by magic--Detective Prosper turns to Babet Spellbound for help. Babet, a witch, slowly begins to release Emile's wards and in doing so, is plunged into a locked room mystery. But as B
Published May 29th 2012 by Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about One Less Warlock, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Less Warlock

Sheri
I think it's hard in a short story to create a unique setting, characters, etc., and still get some sort of story line in. In One Less Warlock, Judith did an excellent job of molding the story in such a way that we got a taste of a distinct world and character personalities, and a complete story to go with it. In this short story Judith was able to pack in witches, vampires, a sexy Were, succubus, voodoo, murder, and mystery, all in only about 20 pages. Pretty amazing.

I enjoyed the story and Ba
Amie Gaudet
This was the first work of Judith Post's that I have read and I believe that I have stumbled upon an incredibly talented author.

It takes some serious talent to engage a reader in such a short novella. She has managed to convey an entire paranormal/human integrated society in just a few pages.

Babet is a witch who lives in River City. Prosper is a were who works for the Enforcers (a type of police).

When a warlock is found dead in his home, Babet is called in to help the Enforcers solve the crime.

T
Sia Marion
I love Judith Post's writing style! It's just like having your hand on the protagonist's pulse. It's sharp and firm and Post is in complete control of her storylines. I loved the characters and found the format just right for this "lunchtime read".
Angel **Book Junkie**

Book 2 Stars
Author 4 Stars
Total 3 Stars

I really think that the author is wonderful the book not so much. It is another case of a really short story that left a lot to be desired and to the imagination. I really like reading a story that gives you substance the entire book. Maybe because this is a short story with no series in site. I hate leaving a non-series book wanting more and this normally causes low ratings. This book was entirely too short to review so I will give the author a solid
Wendy ~M/M Junkie~
This is the third novella I have read by Judith Post and I am hooked! She certainly knows how to draw readers in and keep them captivated.
One Less Warlock is the first of the Babet and Prosper series and I can not wait to dive into the second. I highly recommend this novella for any fan of the paranormal as well as anyone looking for a quick afternoon or lunch time read.
Zouagie
I enjoyed the beginning to a point but then it just kinda fell out of line for me. Just finished reading it in about 45 min and it WAS delightful till the plot ended right after it happened. I mean it is still a good read but not if you're into long stories. I HAVE to have a long story. This just sorta caught my eye.
Carey
I bought this on my kindle as a freebie and enjoyed it so much that I bought the remaining 5 Babet/Prosper Lunch Hour Novellas. I really enjoy how Judith Post writes. I will be reading her other novels and novellas in the near future.
Ron Voigts
Got a bit lost in all the characters. Seemed like a lot going on in a short read. Would have read better being more fleshed out, but still enjoyed it.
Christina
This is considered a "lunchtime read." It was only about 25 pages, but really quite good.
Jenn Swanson
An interesting story that is worth reading.
Sherri Thompson
Sherri Thompson marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
glitrbug
glitrbug marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Katherine Newman
Katherine Newman marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Sue Lyssa Stone Shaffer
Sue Lyssa Stone Shaffer marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Tom
Tom marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Michelle's Book
Michelle's Book marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Bobbi
Bobbi marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2014
Pam Cooper
Pam Cooper marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Lisa Lambson
Lisa Lambson marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Ahnah
Ahnah marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
BookishDreamer
BookishDreamer marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Monica
Monica marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Liz Merritt
Liz Merritt marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Fallen Angels Wolf's Bane Empty Altars Gorgons & Gargoyles: The Ally & Dante Novellas Destiny With Death