Start by marking “Prophecy Girl (Angel Academy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Prophecy Girl (Angel Academy, #1)

Prophecy Girl (Angel Academy #1)

3.80  ·  Rating Details  ·  969 Ratings  ·  165 Reviews
I was born to slay Crossworld demons.

Big black flappy ones, little green squirmy ones. Unfortunately, the only thing getting slain these days is my social life. With my high school under attack, combat classes intensifying, and Academy instructors dropping right and left, I can barely get my homework done, let alone score a bondmate before prom.

Then he shows up.

Jackson S
Published April 2nd 2013 by Entangled

To ask other readers questions about Prophecy Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prophecy Girl

Kat Kennedy
Some people are really going to like Prophecy Girl. People who like a very distinctive protagonist voice littered with pop culture references. Fans of Vampire Academy, who are looking for something similar, will also probably at least be interested – if not enjoy it. I don’t think it’s unfair to state that Prophecy Girl is highly derivative of Vampire Academy. Non Academic, rough and tumble protagonist with an intelligent best friend, falls in love with hot young tutor, crazy shenanigans, magica ...more
Howdy YAL
To see full review click here.

Disclaimer: I received this book from Net Galley in exchange for an honest review.

This is going to be more of a rant than a review. Because I can't review this I've reviewed it already. Or let's say I've reviewed its source material.

Yes, source material because if we're going to get down to it Prophecy Girl, the first book in the Angel Academy series (yeah, can't get more obvious than that). I can't even really review this book because I really don't know what I can
(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Entangled Publishing, LLC and NetGalley.)

Not as good the second time around. Amelie kept going into things with no idea of what she was doing, and really messing things up, and Jack could be a bit blunt too. The storyline had a few twists, and I remembered them before we got to them this time, although some things were still a surprise. The pace was a bit slow though, and the book dragged quite a bit.

Marina
Ok, so I'm a paranormal boarding school stalker.
You know it. I know it. Shoot me.

Before I start with the part that is actually concerned with my reaction to the book, let me get one thing out first.

What do I think about preconceived notions about new books.

So let me get this straight.

You see that the series is entitled "Angel Academy" and think "Oh shit another school book" before you read it.

You liked both Cassandra Clare's "The Mortal Instruments" and Richelle Mead's "Vampire Academy" but
Elspeth
Disclaimer: This review is going to contain a lot of spoilers, read at your own risk.

You can also read mine, and MLE's reviews on our blog.

stop

I got this book from NetGalley for an honest review.

First off I want to say this was painful to read, really painful, but I persevered.

This book is terribly cliché, and so predictable that you really don’t have to think too much about what is going on. So if that is what you are looking for, cheers you found the book you are looking for.

I couldn’t stand the
Wendy Higgins
This is a fun YA fantasy/paranormal. If you're like me you'll be grinning at the MC's witty quips the whole time. And then swooning. And then going, "Ooooh!"
Carrie
Mar 24, 2016 Carrie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Amelie Bennett attends St. Michael’s Guardian Training Academy which is not your normal high school. You see the students all have angel blood and are studying to become demon hunters after they graduate. The girls are what are known as channelers being able to cast spells and the boys are paired up to become their watchers to draw power from and protect. With everyone else pairing up Amelie is beginning to worry about finding her bondmate since the one date she had been on hadn't gone well.

Stu
S.J. Abbo
Mar 04, 2016 S.J. Abbo rated it liked it

***I got this book from NetGalley for an honest review.***Professional Reader

Frist let me tell you,… lots of people say that This book is cliché and predictable,…well, what YA paranormal book out there isn't similar one to another.

You guys,… don’t be party breaker!

description

We have all we love:

-Kick ass heroine.
-a prophecy
- a school for Demon fighters
- a forbidden love
- Bondmates
- Demon fighters
-magic powers
- vampires
- demons
-goods bloodline
- magical tattoo
-teacher-student relationship (sort of)
-lots of
Jaime (Two Chicks on Books)
Sep 29, 2012 Jaime (Two Chicks on Books) rated it it was amazing
I'm her publicist so I know I will love it. Reading soon :D

Read it and loved it!!!!!!
Pam Vlieg
Sep 10, 2012 Pam Vlieg rated it it was amazing
I might be biased because she is my client at the agency but this book is action-packed!
Kristen
GENRE: YA Paranormal
THEME: Magic, Angels, Demons, Romance
RECEIVED: Blog Tour
BLOG: http://seeingnight.blogspot.com/

REVIEW:
This book has officially made my top five favorite book list of 2013. I haven’t been this excited to write a review in so long, but I never wanted this story to end and I already miss these characters.

Prophecy Girl follows Amelie, a young demon slayer who seems to always be getting herself into trouble. In the start of a new school year the school has become a dangerous plac
Romily Bernard
Aug 02, 2012 Romily Bernard rated it it was amazing
Love love love anything Cecily writes so I might be biased but, yeah, I'm going to do this anyway. You gotta pick up her debut. Seriously. The woman's a rock star. You can thank me for the recommendation later :)
Sara
Mar 21, 2013 Sara rated it really liked it
I was given an e-arc in exchange for an honest review.

This is the first book that I have read by Cecily White and I am sure that it won't be my last. When I started reading Prophecy Girl the first thought that came to mind was the TV shows Charmed and Supernatural. I was a huge fan of both these shows and I was immediately sucked into this book and the world that the author has created.

This book is action packed from the get go. It gave me whiplash with all the twists and turns, but in a good w
Feb 21, 2016 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Entangled Publishing, LLC and Netgalley.)
17-year-old Amelie is a channeller. Descended from angels, channellers channel otherworldly energy to kill demons, and Amelie knows that this is what she was born to do.

Before chanellers can graduate from their special school, they are put into pairs or bondmates – one channeller, and one guardian, but Amelie isn’t ready to be paired with anyone at her school, un
Anatea Oroz
This review is also posted on my blog, Anatea's Bookshelf.

This book blow me away. In the last few weeks I wasn't very lucky with liking what I read. The books I thought would be awesome I ended not liking, but not this one. To be honest, I picked this one because I thought it was a safe territory, angels/demons/magic/vampires what could possibly go wrong, at least I would kinda enjoy it and I needed to read a good book. I was so wrong, because you see, this book is amazing! I was really surprise
Kat
Mar 14, 2013 Kat rated it really liked it
Kat's Review

Prophecy Girl brings a fresh voice to the very popular demon-hunting, children of angels line of books that are flying off the presses these days. While following in the footsteps of some very popular authors, this book, told in the first person, brings something a little bit different. The main character is suspected of being the biggest threat of all, and a prophecy foretells her killing the man she loves. Love that twist right there.

I enjoyed the voice of the main character Amelie
Ang,
Mar 26, 2016 Ang, rated it it was amazing
Angels, vampires and demons...perfect!

Review to come

Review is here!

Prophecy Girl (Angel Academy, #1)
by Cecily White

"maybe he's a visually impaired cannibal"

Prophecy Girl, was fantastic! I really couldn’t put it down, so what if the majority of the reviews say it’s got lots of similarities to other stories... which book doesn’t anymore?

Seriously in the PNR world we are going to run into the same things every now and then.

As an avid PNR reader I can put that aside and I gobbled this one down.
A Canadian Girl
Apr 14, 2013 A Canadian Girl rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2013, entangled, 1-star
When I first saw the synopsis of Cecily White’s Prophecy Girl, I got excited about reading the book because it reminded me a little of Richelle Mead’s Vampire Academy and Jennifer Armentrout’s Covenant series, two of my favourite series. Unfortunately, after reading Prophecy Girl, I can say that it is nowhere as well written as the previously mentioned series. The worldbuilding wasn’t fully fleshed out, the plot ended up thoroughly confusing me, the characters were hard to care about, and the ro ...more
Jacob Proffitt
I enjoyed this book enough for four stars, but can't quite convince myself to give it that rating. I liked Amelie a lot. She's brash, conflicted, eager to learn interesting things but even more eager to get out and apply them in the real world. I particularly liked that her eagerness has mixed results—sometimes it saves the day and sometimes it gets her in deeper water.

And I liked Jackson, the bo-hunk Amelie can't stop obsessing about. If it were possible to be too bo-hunk, he would be. Fortunat
Danielle Young
Mar 27, 2013 Danielle Young rated it it was amazing
Amelie loves what she does....slaying Crossworld demons. But her school has turned to a place of danger and secrets. When teachers start dropping like flies and the new trainer wants nothing to do with her, Amelie decides that she must take matters into her own hands. As she investigates the disappearances of her instructors and the mysterious connection she has with the new trainer she get's more than she bargained for when she is accused of being their murderer. In a race against time, Amelie ...more
Amber at Fall Into Books
Apr 02, 2013 Amber at Fall Into Books rated it it was amazing
Prophecy Girl stands out in the overcrowded YA market. After the first two chapters, it became clear that this is not just another angel book, and I was pleasantly surprised by the story, characters, and world that White created. Thanks to this series debut, I am now counting the days until the release of the second book in the Angel Academy series. I cannot wait to see what happens to Amelie next.

Amelie is more teenage-like than a lot of the leading YA characters that I've read, but not in a b
Noelle Pierce
Apr 04, 2013 Noelle Pierce rated it it was amazing
Awesome debut! Here's the (slightly) more detailed review I promised.

I have to admit, I'm not a huge reader of YA books and I know the author personally (full disclosure). I'm also not crazy about the title of this book (reminds me of a Marvel comic superhero or something), but it does tell you what it's about, so I suppose it works.

That said, I picked it up and didn't stop reading until the very last line. The writing was engaging, clear, and funny. I loved the characters. Amelie and Jack sizz
Kristi (Books and Needlepoint)
Imagine the local high school, full of teens and teachers, but they are Guardians, or really Guardians in training, and protect anyone with a soul from demons. Upon graduation they are paired together - bonded - to kill demons. Usually those bonded end up falling in love as well - so bonding is sort of a really big deal. There is a lot of thought that goes into the bonding decisions, one of which is what bloodlines a person has descended from.

Amelie is known to be somewhat of a troublemaker. H
Anna (Yoda Is My Spirit Animal)
Amelie Bennett's biggest goal right now is to finish school, become bonded to a Watcher and begin slaying demons for real as a full-fledged Guardian. But with her teachers dropping like flies and the paranormal community in uproar over peace tenets that are about to be signed, a normal path to the future is looking highly unlikely. The scandal involving Amelie's Mom and the questionability of her angel bloodline's origins aren't helping her prospects either. When Jackson Smith-Hailey is sent to ...more
Stephanie Ward
Mar 28, 2013 Stephanie Ward rated it really liked it
'Prophecy Girl' is the first book in a new series that follows teenage main character - Amelie Bennett - as she tries to maneuver a normal life with high school problems, boy issues, and friend troubles, along with the additional troubles that slaying demons brings to the picture. To make matters even worse, a hot new guy moves to town - Jackson Smith-Hailey - possibly the only guy in the entire world who is completely off limits. Because Jackson isn't just any gorgeously dangerous guy - he's Am ...more
Sharon
Apr 09, 2013 Sharon rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult, arc
Review to come: 3 1/2 out of 5 stars

Thank-you to Entangled Publishing for the opportunity to read and review Prophecy Girl, the first book in the Angel Academy series by Cecily White.

Seventeen year-old Amelie ‘Ami’ Bennett is a Crossworld Demon slayer and attends St Michaels Training Academy, a place where the Guardian’s learn to slay demons.

Amelie is a strong kick-butt heroine; she was independent, determined, had a quirky sense of humour and didn’t really care for the rules; she was a characte
Farrah
Apr 27, 2013 Farrah rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! I was a little wary of Prophecy Girl because I've had string of bad angel and boarding school books and I was worried that this would be the same. But, fortunately, this book was so much better and I adored it.

Amelie was so awesome. I really liked her. She was hilarious. Even in the worst situations a person can be in, she had witty comments that had me cracking up. She was such a strong heroine. She wasn't about to let anyone stand in the way when she wanted something. And, if
Marie
Wow, siting here with one big cheesy smile on my face, I've got that lovely blissful feeling I rarely get after reading something totally awesome. Prophecy Girl isn't the best book I've read this year but definitely one of the most I've enjoyed.

This book was full of drama, magic and unforeseeable twists. A concoction which made for both an exciting and compelling read. I was only planning on starting it however what was to be a five minuet break turned into a sneaky unbelievable hour and a half
Rashika (is tired)
No No No. This book is not for me. There are people who will love it but I am not one of them. I think the main reason I requested this book was out of nostalgia of Vampire Academy. Vampire Academy happens to be one of my all-time favorite series-this is coming from someone who despises vampires and well finishing it made me incredibly sad because such a wonderful and original piece of work is hard to come across these days. Proof right here about that.

This book happens to be a mix between The C
Lburt
LOVED LOVED LOVED it! Amelie and I would have been friends in high school. She's hilarious and such a sweet person. The plot is amazing and keep me totally engrossed, I didn't want to stop reading. I hated that the book ended (Not the ending) just that it was over. Can't wait fot the next book in this series. I can only imagine what kind of trouble Amelie will get into to. In fact picturing her learning "proper" manners of her new station has me giggling already.

P.s I've seen this book compared
Angel Academy By Cecily White 3 24 May 01, 2013 04:19PM
  • Hellhound Awakened (Kasadya, #1)
  • Pretty Dark Nothing (Pretty Dark Nothing, #1)
  • A Shimmer of Angels (Angel Sight, #1)
  • Relic
  • Chaos (Kardia Chronicles, #1)
  • Chameleon (Supernaturals, #1)
  • Darker Days (The Darker Agency, #1)
  • Your Guardian Angel (Guardian Angel, #1)
  • Lucifer (Sons of Old Trilogy, #1)
  • Waiting for Mercy (Cambion, #2)
  • Fractured Soul (Fractured Light, #2)
  • Sing Sweet Nightingale (The Dream War Saga, #1)
  • Til Death (Fractured Souls, #1)
  • The Second Sign (The Second Sign, #1)
  • The Watcher (The Watcher Saga, #1)
  • Forbidden to Love (The Erosians, #1)
  • The Liberator (Dante Walker, #2)
  • Forbidden: Discover the Legend (Wolf Sirens, #1)
Cecily Cornelius-White, Psy.D. makes a habit of avoiding boredom whenever possible. She has enjoyed careers as a hand model, GAP salesgirl, movie projectionist, psychotherapist, yoga instructor, university professor, artist, dance choreographer, eating disorders specialist, psych diagnostician, book reviewer and copy editor. None of which are as much fun as writing novels.

She currently lives in Sp
More about Cecily White...

Angel Academy (2 books)
  • Conspiracy Boy (Angel Academy, #2)

“You're the most annoying girl on the planet. You make me want to throw myself off a bridge. And, unfortunately, I am one hundred percent, head-over-heels, crazy in love with you.” 34 likes
“Are you insane?"
"Never diagnosed," the guy said.”
22 likes