Please Don't Go

Please Don't Go

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  19 ratings  ·  7 reviews
On her very first day in Brittany, fifteen year-old Mary finds herself swept into French sea-side life. She falls for a handsome man, she meets a boy who'll change her life, and she hears a haunting song she will never forget - Ne me Quitte Pas - Please don't leave me. A beach romance for teenage girls - a story to break your heart.
Published January 1st 2007 by Back to Front (first published March 28th 1973)

Dyanne
This is a book from my youth. I have been trying to remember the title for a long time. The other day it just popped in my head and I found it on PBS. I am looking forward to re-reading it again
Linda
Sep 27, 2007 Linda rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 8th grade girls.
If I could get a list of all the books I checked out of my middle school's library when I was in 8th grade, this one would appear over and over again. It was easy to find because the way the spine was printed, it looked like the name of the book was "Please Don't Go Peggy Woodford."

I laughed, I cried, I longed for the passionate feelings of the main characters. A great book.
Claire Rafala
My number one book of my Childhood. Dearly loved, I read it often!
penelopewanders
This was recommended by someone for an EFL class I'll be teaching on illness and health. For most of the story I wondered about the relevance, interesting and accessible for EFL students as it is. The relevance becomes apparent in the last two chapters. On the fence as to whether I'll use it or not - I suppose it will depend on the class. I enjoyed the scenes of France, as they were quite familiar to me. Glad of the recommendation, as it may well serve at a later date.
Hardcover, ex-library book,...more
Cheryl
Another all time favorite. MAybe because I was an exchange student but I read this in 8th grade and never forgot it. I loaned it to a friend way back then and never got it back. A couple of years ago I tracked a copy down and reread it. A great teen age read. It was out of print for a long time but looks like someone picked it up again this year! YEAH!
CLM
Jul 28, 2008 CLM marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
this seems very familiar...
Dragonr
Dragonr marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Snowballwithahintofjam
Snowballwithahintofjam marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Cynn
Cynn marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2014
Sierra
Sierra marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2013
M
M added it
Nov 12, 2013
Sarah Shaw
Sarah Shaw marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2013
Allie
Allie marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2013
Anis Nadiah Abdillah
Anis Nadiah Abdillah marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2013
Maisha
Maisha marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2013
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2013
Angel
Angel marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2013
Morgan
Morgan marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2012
Adi Campbell
Adi Campbell marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2012
Sarah Louise
Sarah Louise marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2012
Cassie LeBlanc
Cassie LeBlanc marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2012
Mozart (The Illustrated Lives of the Great Composers) One Son Is Enough Out of the Sun (Freeway) The Girl With A Voice Rise of the Raj