Start by marking “Hunting (The Hunting Saga, #1)” as Want to Read:
Hunting (The Hunting Saga, #1)

Hunting (The Hunting Saga #1)

In the war between humans and vampires... a child will turn the tide.

Thousands of years ago a goddess cursed a family, every 500 years a child of their bloodline would be born a vampire. This child would mean the survival or destruction of the vampire race. And each would do anything to find the child first.

Jade knew nothing of the curse, but when a vampire princess calls
Published January 21st 2012 by S.M. Hineline

To ask other readers questions about Hunting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hunting

Jenelle
Mar 26, 2012 Jenelle rated it it was amazing
View the original review in my blog: The Midnight Book Thief

I received an e-copy of this book from the author in exchange for a honest review.

The Bad
Hunting was a good book, no kidding. But there's something that's bugging me; I can't exactly pinpoint the exact thing. I didn't really find anything I didn't like about the book- it was just there's something about it that seemed... I don't really know how to place this- old fashioned? Restrained? But this was just a really tiny issue for me.

The
C.J. Sarcasm & Lemons
Read more at Sarcasm and Lemons (http://cjlistro.blogspot.com/2012/05/...)

If it’s not obvious after reading a few of my reviews, I’m picky. I’m not that person who gives something five stars just because I liked reading it. On my blog, I even made a dual rating system to reflect the fact that, when I read a book, I’m comparing it to other books in the same genre that do similar things (my five star rating) and I’m also, consciously or not, comparing it to every other book I’ve ever read (my ten
RoloPoloBookBlog
Mar 21, 2012 RoloPoloBookBlog rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
I like it when an author spins a tried and true plot line in a new way. In the world of paranormal writing vampires are either completely hidden from society at large or completely out in the open and living amongst the humans. In the case of S.M. Hineline’s Hunting, not only are the vampires out of the dark, so to speak, but they are their own sovereign nation within the borders of the United States. Told you, new twist.

I also fancy a book that doesn’t completely conform to the first-in-a serie
Kirsten Lenius
Jun 17, 2012 Kirsten Lenius rated it liked it
This is a decent story and a non-derivative world which I can greatly appreciate.

The thing that is wrong with the story is very simple, but overwhelming and led to me almost not finishing the book. What is it? Well, one of my college English profs used to say: "Don't tell... Show!" This story largely is told by the narrator who witters on endlessly about history and ongoing events. It would much more easily hold people's interest and make the story more impactful, if that were not the case.

All
Megan
Jun 18, 2012 Megan rated it really liked it
This book took me a lot longer to read than I care to admit, but I got through it and it was interesting. I liked how the vampire world was different than any other I've read about. Jade is a badass character and not heartless like the other badass characters that I read about. The only thing I felt it lacked was emotion. I was waiting for there to be opinions about people, not facts. If that makes sense? It just might not be my style of writing but it was still a nice read.
just1heather
Sep 09, 2012 just1heather rated it it was ok
Interesting storyline and the differences in the vampire mythology (from other popular books) were welcomed. Some parts of the history of vampires got a little long winded and the ending was a little abrupt. Overall, a good (but not great) book.
Kelsey Ketch
Overall, Hunting was an intriguing story with a captivating plotline. I liked the adventure, the challenges, and the characters. However, there were a few things I felt detracted from the story. First, I felt the story was kind of bare bones with most of the conversation taking place in the body text rather than in actual dialogue. I think if the novel focused more on dialogue, it would have brought more interaction between the characters to life and I would have felt less like a third party wat ...more
Samantha
Jan 13, 2013 Samantha rated it liked it
Jade is a single 28 year old with a good family and good friends, but life is far from perfect when people randomly try to mentally contact you, inducing intense physical pain, all while working with vampires. When her best vampire friend asks her to join in the hunt for something that will save the vampires for another 500 years, she can't refuse. But at what price will this dangerous and uncertain mission bring?
This book, like every book, had its goods and not-as-goods. The spin on vampires wa
Jennifer Erwin
Jun 09, 2014 Jennifer Erwin rated it it was ok
I was intrigued by the blurb, but in my opinion the book failed to deliver. I read a lot of YA books, but this must have been written for a much younger audience than I'm used to. It seemed like the characters were older but the dialog just seemed pretty juvenile. Also, this book was pretty heavy on description and not enough action. Not enough interest for me to continue on to the next book. I'm not knocking the author, this was just my opinion.
Paden Moore
Jul 02, 2014 Paden Moore rated it it was amazing
Got it free for kindle. Amazing story and one of the best vampire books. This is how they are supposed to be.
Kathy
Jul 24, 2012 Kathy rated it liked it
Since it is not my usual subject line it took me a bit to get started... But once started, I could not put it down. Great book!
Myst
Myst rated it liked it
Aug 09, 2014
Jezebelle77
Jezebelle77 rated it did not like it
Nov 11, 2014
Jmoughton
Jmoughton rated it really liked it
Apr 04, 2013
Dot Edwards
Dot Edwards rated it did not like it
Dec 30, 2014
Nicky
Nicky rated it it was ok
Apr 27, 2014
Kristianne
Kristianne rated it it was ok
Jul 26, 2012
Leslie Field
Leslie Field rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2015
Sabrina
Sabrina rated it really liked it
May 26, 2015
Gerardo Bastian
Gerardo Bastian rated it it was amazing
Oct 29, 2015
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
May 18, 2013
S.M. Hineline
Mar 01, 2012 S.M. Hineline rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Robin
Robin rated it did not like it
Jun 16, 2012
Ann
Ann rated it liked it
Mar 21, 2014
Roy Huff
Roy Huff rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2013
Beth Erwin
Beth Erwin rated it liked it
May 07, 2013
Teresa
Teresa rated it liked it
Feb 11, 2013
Malinda
Malinda rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2014
Robyn
Robyn rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2012
D.S. Williams
D.S. Williams rated it it was ok
Jan 19, 2013
Goodreads Authors...: Will trade free Kindle book for honest reviews 2 29 Jan 17, 2013 04:36PM
  • Bemused
  • The Vengeful Vampire (Serenity, #0)
  • Dead World (Dead World #1)
  • The Black Witch
  • Lover's Betrayal (Misfits of the Lore, #1)
  • No Remorse (Heart of a Wolf, #1)
  • Bound by Blood
  • SNAP: The World Unfolds
  • Alone (Vampires and the Life of Erin Rose, #1)
  • The Taste of Magic
  • The Prodigal Hour
  • Reluctant Protector (Protectors, #1)
  • Illegal Magic
  • Toby Streams the Universe
  • Sword of the Raven
  • City of Whispers (City of Whispers, #1)
  • Glendale (Glendale, #1)
  • Knockdown

The Hunting Saga (2 books)
  • Discovery (The Hunting Saga, #2)