Absolute Pleasure

Absolute Pleasure

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  183 ratings  ·  15 reviews
She Was A Complete Innocent...
The lonely, never-married Lady Elizabeth Harcourt desperately longs for a distraction. She finds one when a chance encounter leads her to the lush studios of artist Gabriel Cristofore. Gabriel insists upon painting Elizabeth's portrait, vowing to do justice to her ravishing figure. But Elizabeth soon realizes that Gabriel's plans for her have...more
Published February 17th 2003 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

Theresa Contreras
the only reason this book got a three was because the sex was pretty hot! i couldnt believe how many !!!!!!!! there were it was disruptive to the reading. so it went like this; hes a gigolo and she was to be his next "mark". he tells her hed like to paint her and she goes with it. shes bored at home and her 50 year old father just married a 17 year old girl to give him the son he never had.. so he sees through her and they end up in the throws of passion pretty quickly. so then they are found ou...more
Camille
Lady Elizabeth, the lonely spinster daughter of the earl has given up on the idea of marriage. Her recently re-married father has given all her responsibilities to his new wife and her life has reached a new level of boredom – until she meets the beautiful Gabriel Cristofore at the opera. This quick meeting immediately opens Elizabeth’s eyes and releases the passion which has remained dormant for so long.

For the first two chapters I felt the author was taking extra liberty with her adjectives an...more
liz
The Casanova painter falls in love with the neglected young woman; she blossoms under his interest and eventually fights to keep him. Pretty standard; lots of the "do you love me or don't you?" back-and-forth.

They had all day, and he planned to prolong the pleasure, to attenuate the anticipation, so that when he actually progressed, they would both be burning with unfulfilled passion. Drawing her would moderate the momentum, would ease her into total nudity, and give him something to do besides...more
Dpic
Feb 06, 2014 Dpic added it
nothing but sex
Mandy Beyers
In a romantic story full of misunderstood motives and maneuvering, Lady Elizabeth is a twenty-seven year-old spinster with a seventeen year-old stepmother. Thrown out of her comfortable fit in life, she decides to discover the pleasures of the flesh with an artist and gigolo that crosses her path at just the right moment. Her half-Italian painter uses his abilities with women to support his father, and thinks that love is for fools - but will either of them be able to withstand the fire they sta...more
Pamela(AllHoney)
Another Cheryl Holt book. It was just alright for me. I feel like many of the books by Ms Holt are basically the same. Just change the names and change up the situation and setting a bit and voila! Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the book, I'm just tired of reading the same thing over and over again.
Cristina Contilli
"Exactly my type!" He assessed her fantastic anatomym her exquisite countenance, and she glowed under his ardent examination. "You're everithing I've ever wanted, And so much more,"

Molto passionale, anche se leggerlo in inglese è stato un po' impegnativo.
Tabatha
Over all a good read, but I prefer more dialog between the characters to the immense amount of inner dialog in this book. I feel like the characters had very little reason to be in love, other than their attraction to one another.
Gloriavirtutisumbra
Well, since i skipped all the drawn out sex scenes, I think I only really read 1/3 of the book. I liked how the author drew her characters... but man that was a lot of nookiness to wade through to get to the storyline.
Michelle
I prefer a bit more story with my romance books then this one has. However, if your in a mood for a steamy read in historical England, this one is great.
Rowa
This book is a mustread for me! Its full of amazing romane, while keeping you interested with some drama!! I absolutly love this book!!
Linda
Regency, romance and smutty fluff, just how i like it =). A quick read with a twist or two. Love Cheryl Holt as a writer.
Allie
first book i've read by this author. can't decide if i like her writing style or not.
Sam
Sam marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Tina English
Tina English marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Cigordon
Cigordon marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
  • Wicked (St. John-Duras, #2)
  • Angel in a Red Dress
  • The Duke's Wager (Bessacarr, #1)
  • Seduction Wears Sapphires (Jaded Gentleman, #2)
  • Carnal Deceptions
  • A Rake's Guide To Pleasure (Huntington, #2)
  • Lady of Sin (Seducers spin-off #2)
  • Pure Temptation
Love Lessons Complete Abandon Total Surrender Too Wicked to Wed Deeper than Desire