Start by marking “Absolute Pleasure” as Want to Read:
Absolute Pleasure

Absolute Pleasure

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  215 ratings  ·  17 reviews
She Was A Complete Innocent...
The lonely, never-married Lady Elizabeth Harcourt desperately longs for a distraction. She finds one when a chance encounter leads her to the lush studios of artist Gabriel Cristofore. Gabriel insists upon painting Elizabeth's portrait, vowing to do justice to her ravishing figure. But Elizabeth soon realizes that Gabriel's plans for her have
Published February 17th 2003 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Absolute Pleasure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Absolute Pleasure

Theresa Contreras
the only reason this book got a three was because the sex was pretty hot! i couldnt believe how many !!!!!!!! there were it was disruptive to the reading. so it went like this; hes a gigolo and she was to be his next "mark". he tells her hed like to paint her and she goes with it. shes bored at home and her 50 year old father just married a 17 year old girl to give him the son he never had.. so he sees through her and they end up in the throws of passion pretty quickly. so then they are found ou ...more
Camille
Lady Elizabeth, the lonely spinster daughter of the earl has given up on the idea of marriage. Her recently re-married father has given all her responsibilities to his new wife and her life has reached a new level of boredom – until she meets the beautiful Gabriel Cristofore at the opera. This quick meeting immediately opens Elizabeth’s eyes and releases the passion which has remained dormant for so long.

For the first two chapters I felt the author was taking extra liberty with her adjectives an
Christine Brennan
It took me a while to get into this novel. Some parts are quite vulgar by historical romance standards, but eventually the characters became more than two dimensional. I like more storyline than sex scenes. The downside to this book is the author leaves you hanging as to what happens between Elizabeth's step-mother and her father. I have searched to see if there was a sequel, but nothing.
liz
The Casanova painter falls in love with the neglected young woman; she blossoms under his interest and eventually fights to keep him. Pretty standard; lots of the "do you love me or don't you?" back-and-forth.

They had all day, and he planned to prolong the pleasure, to attenuate the anticipation, so that when he actually progressed, they would both be burning with unfulfilled passion. Drawing her would moderate the momentum, would ease her into total nudity, and give him something to do besides
Dpic
Feb 06, 2014 Dpic added it
nothing but sex
Mandy Beyers
In a romantic story full of misunderstood motives and maneuvering, Lady Elizabeth is a twenty-seven year-old spinster with a seventeen year-old stepmother. Thrown out of her comfortable fit in life, she decides to discover the pleasures of the flesh with an artist and gigolo that crosses her path at just the right moment. Her half-Italian painter uses his abilities with women to support his father, and thinks that love is for fools - but will either of them be able to withstand the fire they sta ...more
Pamela(AllHoney)
Another Cheryl Holt book. It was just alright for me. I feel like many of the books by Ms Holt are basically the same. Just change the names and change up the situation and setting a bit and voila! Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the book, I'm just tired of reading the same thing over and over again.
Cristina Contilli
"Exactly my type!" He assessed her fantastic anatomym her exquisite countenance, and she glowed under his ardent examination. "You're everithing I've ever wanted, And so much more,"

Molto passionale, anche se leggerlo in inglese è stato un po' impegnativo.
Tabatha
Over all a good read, but I prefer more dialog between the characters to the immense amount of inner dialog in this book. I feel like the characters had very little reason to be in love, other than their attraction to one another.
LemontreeLime
Well, since i skipped all the drawn out sex scenes, I think I only really read 1/3 of the book. I liked how the author drew her characters... but man that was a lot of nookiness to wade through to get to the storyline.
Michelle
I prefer a bit more story with my romance books then this one has. However, if your in a mood for a steamy read in historical England, this one is great.
Rowa
This book is a mustread for me! Its full of amazing romane, while keeping you interested with some drama!! I absolutly love this book!!
Linda
Regency, romance and smutty fluff, just how i like it =). A quick read with a twist or two. Love Cheryl Holt as a writer.
Allie
first book i've read by this author. can't decide if i like her writing style or not.
Martina Nix Govoni
Martina Nix Govoni marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Kristyn
Kristyn marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2015
Loisa
Loisa added it
May 26, 2015
Zoe
Zoe marked it as to-read
May 18, 2015
Margaret
Margaret marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
Stefania Miruna
Stefania Miruna marked it as to-read
May 09, 2015
Skwadd
Skwadd added it
Apr 21, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Pramod Sahoo
Pramod Sahoo marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
  • The Pleasure Seekers
  • Wicked (St. John-Duras, #2)
  • Angel in a Red Dress
  • The Duke's Wager (Bessacarr, #1)
  • Behind the Red Door
  • Devotional Bible-Ncv: Experiencing the Heart of Jesus
  • Master of Sin (Courtesan Court, #4)
  • Daring the Duke (Lords of Intrigue, #2)
  • Savage Joy (Savage, #9)
CHERYL HOLT is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of twenty-seven novels. She is hailed as the undisputed "Queen" of erotic romance, as well as the international "Queen of Villains". She has numerous national writing awards to her credit and is particularly proud to have been named "Best Storyteller of the Year" by Romantic Times BOOKreviews Magazine. The magazine also selected her ...more
More about Cheryl Holt...
Love Lessons Complete Abandon Total Surrender Too Wicked to Wed Deeper Than Desire