The Brandy of the Damned

The Brandy of the Damned

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  18 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Russell, Penny and Will have not seen each other for twenty years. Why, then, do they spend a month driving around the coast of Britain in a van refusing to listen to music? Why do they find little blue bottles washing up on the shore containing pages from a future Bible? And why is Penny carrying such a huge spade?

Funny, surprising and good-hearted, The Brandy of the Dam...more
Kindle Edition
Published May 24th 2012 by The Big Hand

Jason Arnopp
An increasingly mesmerising hybrid of engaging travelogue and unsettling genre elements, The Brandy Of The Damned defies categorisation. It sees three former members of a rock band head off on a tour-van journey around the coast of Britain, for reasons which escape them. We learn their motives as they do. Why's one of them carrying a shovel? Why's another of them so obsessed with bottles which wash up on the shore, containing pages from a future Bible? To say more about any of this stuff would b...more
Tracey

I got this book as a first read from good reads .

What can I say it's confusing, intriguing , thought provoking, still don't quite understand it and may have to read again to try to understand it completely!!

I loved the details of there journey describing the landscape and places they visit, also the characthers had very different personalities. I really took to will especially a big conversation he had with penny really made me think.

I would say its a different read to my usual vampire, romant...more
Jonny Boyle
Light on plot, but this surreal book has a lot to offer in terms of thought on relationships, music, religion and life in general. Our three protagonists are fairly unlikeable at first but reveal more depth as the book progresses. I imagine I will come back to this book in the future for a re-read.
Taylor Dickerson
Taylor Dickerson marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2014
Mike
Mike marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2013
Chris Burton
Chris Burton marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2013
Dithreabhach Creidmheach
Dithreabhach Creidmheach marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2013
Richard Harland
Richard Harland marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2013
Joi Carey
Joi Carey marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2013
Lea
Lea marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2013
Ian Jones
Ian Jones marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2012
Dave Wild
Dave Wild marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2012
Jose Rubio
Jose Rubio marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2012
Marci
Marci marked it as to-read
Lorraine
Lorraine marked it as to-read
Brei-ayn
Brei-ayn marked it as to-read
Natalie Balentine
Natalie Balentine marked it as to-read
« previous 1 3 next »
KLF: Chaos Magic Music Money I Have America Surrounded: A Biography of Timothy Leary Brandy In The Basement