Desperate Surrender

Desperate Surrender (The Protectors #2)

4.59 of 5 stars 4.59  ·  rating details  ·  22 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Wendy O'Sullivan's life drastically changes upon discovering she is not human- and then she is charged with guarding the Key of Peace. To make matters more complicated, she reunites with the Protector she's dreamed of since the day he rescued her from a demon attack. Kieran Frasier, hasn't loved- much less kissed - a woman in over three hundred years with his heart firmly...more
Published June 1st 2012 by Crescent Moon Press

To ask other readers questions about Desperate Surrender, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Desperate Surrender

Wendy
In Desperate Betrayal, the first of The Protector Novels, betrayal danced with fierce attraction as two strangers find their life-mates under undesirable circumstances. Much like the man it follows, McQueen’s sequel, Desperate Surrender, bears much resemblance to its brother, but under the skin, it’s truly a different beast.

The Protectors’ rules regarding marriage and family have been tested in recent years. One man created an unsanctioned bond with a woman, resulting in a miracle pregnancy. Ano...more
Delphina
I really enjoyed the first book and novella in this series and was so beyond excited to be selected to get an ARC for review. I am not patient when it comes to getting my hands on a book that I want to read and getting this book a few weeks before the release made me a happy girl. Not only did this book live up to my expectations, it exceeded them. It is for certain sure my favorite in the series, thus far.

Here are some things I liked about it:

*I really liked the Character of Wendy when I read...more
Kurt Bennett
Super! This is a great read. The second book in the series this book includes a lot of the characters in Desperate Betrayal (first in the series)and adds a few more interesting ones. Hildie is in here element here and is bringing them all to life. I felt the triumphs and defeats each went through and had a hard time putting the book down.

Set in modern day Atlanta the author included local establishments to make the story even more believable. But there is also some world building going on in he...more
Agnes
Hildie's books are Hot with a capital H - they contain memorable characters, a well-developed story, and most importantly, swoon-worthy hunks and interesting heroines. There's also a real-life element to her world building that makes you think that it's possible that these people and creatures might just exist.

Buy one, heck buy five so that you have some to hand out to your friends. You won't regret it.
Ciara Knight
Desperate Surrender is an amazing continuation in The Protectors series. I think this book was even better than the first. It is full of forbidden love, a hunky hero, with more to him than just his looks, a lovable and strong heroine, and a lot of conflict. This is a pager turner! Ms. McQueen wrote a winner with this one.
DavinciKittie
Finished this is book this weekend and it's great! Much better editing than the first in the series and I absolutely love all the main characters. Well done, Hildie!

Review to come...
Dahlia (yadkny)
Jun 04, 2012 Dahlia (yadkny) marked it as to-read
NOR
Charity Costa

Lets start with the World of the Protector’s, I have mentioned this before and I can not say it enough, it is well written and very well thought...more
Michelle Leah Olson
Our Review, by LITERAL ADDICTION’s Bewitching Bella- Charity Costa

*eARC received in exchange for an honest review

O MY where do I begin, okay let’s start by ME taking a deep breath and trying to make this review sound professional…..WHO AM I KIDDING!?!?!?!? I AM OFFICIALLY A HILDIE MCQUEEN FANGIRL AND I HAVE A MASSIVE CRUSH ON THE PROTECTORS!!!!! Alright now that that’s out maybe I can pull myself together to give this book and the series some justice with my words.

Lets start with the World of th...more
Winnie
Winnie marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Mariska
Mariska marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Samm.
Samm. marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Ashley
Ashley added it
Jun 27, 2014
Stephanie Mcpherson
Stephanie Mcpherson marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
J.W.
J.W. marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
April
April marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2014
Vettech
Vettech marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2014
Karin
Karin marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2014
Cenaida
Cenaida marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2013
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2013
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2013
Kathryn
Kathryn marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2013
Trina
Trina marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2013
Maisha
Maisha marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2013
I write Historical Western Romance as well as Paranormal Romance, with a touch of Historical here and there. I've also published eight Highlander Historical Erotic short stories. I am a member of Romance Writers of America, as well as Georgia Romance Writers and Fantasy, Futuristic and Paranormal Chapters of RWA.

For fun I spend a lot of time with my girlfriends. My wonderful hubby is my partner in...more
More about Hildie McQueen...
Beauty and The Highlander Big Sky Blue Desperate Betrayal Where the Four Winds Collide Highlander's Captive, The McDougalls, Book 1