Start by marking “Twice Shy (Restraint, #1)” as Want to Read:
Twice Shy (Restraint, #1)

Twice Shy (Restraint #1)

3.05 of 5 stars 3.05  ·  rating details  ·  65 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Leaving Cutters Creek was the best thing Stacy Jones ever did. Returning is the last thing she ever wanted to do.

Unfortunately it’s her only option. If she wants some questions answered, she needs to go back and confront her mother. If she doesn’t get the answers she needs, her whole future is at stake.

Eight years ago she ran away when the guy she loved betrayed her in the
Published May 27th 2012 by Wyrd Publishing (first published May 26th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Twice Shy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twice Shy

One Curvy Blogger
2.5 Stars

I didn’t like this story, but at least I didn’t hate it. When I found Twice Shy on NetGalley, it called to me. I was in a BDSM romance mood, but it took a little longer to get it approved then I though it would (okay – honestly, I thought it was under the “Read Now” section.), and by the time it showed up on my shelf, I just wasn’t as interested. So it sat for a week, and then I decided, you know what? I need a change of pace. I need to read a BDSM book that is spectacular, because even
Jenifer Kleine
First off, thank god this was a novella because I don't thing I would have finished it otherwise. Second, this book was not for me. I didn't realize that the female character was going to be the dom. There's just something that puts me off when the roles are reversed. Not into my men being giant pussies. Plus throw in the back county hick shit, NO THANKS!
Angie
Unfortunately, this book just wasn't for me. Overall, it had an odd vibe to it that kept me from connecting to the story. I feel like a sexist, but I'm more into the man being the Dom rather than the woman being a Domme. It was interesting from that standpoint as it's the first I've read like this. Also, after running away from a bad home situation (and high school situation), she was raised by same sex BDSM partners. This is also a new and unique angle you don't see in a lot of erotica.

I felt a
Trish Bedroom Bookworms
Originally posted at Bedroom Bookworms.

TrishswirlTwice Shy was an ARC (see our ARC policy here) that came up recently and had me intrigued. Anything that references a plus-sized heroine tends to get my attention. The writing and plot were actually quite good. The BDSM elements weren't really up my alley. Call me what you will, but I'm not into the BDSM thing much, and with a female Domme, it just wasn't my favorite. That being said, the mystery and pacing of the book were fantastic. If it were written as
Tanya
This is short (listed at 70 pages), but good. Stacy and Brendan grew up together, so had a long history, including a betrayal before the book begins. That, of course, means they can skip the meeting and getting to know each other portion for the most part, leaving the majority of this very short book for the meat of the story, which is about clearing up some problems from Stacy's past, going back to the town where she grew up, facing an unhappy situation and Brendan again.

The twist on this one
She Hearts Books
Stacy dreads going home, but has to in order to get something from the mother who was so cruel and abusive to her. So back she goes with the man who helped raise her and became her family. She needs her birth certificate, but ends up with so much more information than that. Quite the shocker.

Another reason she is resistant to going back is the possibility of seeing Brendan again. Years ago he hurt her more than she could have imagined when he made their first time together into a joke. Even more
Rhiannon Overby
If you're looking for a BDSM novella, this might not be what you're looking for. While there is a BDSM scenes in this book, it's not until the very end of the book. Yes, the main characters are d/s and it's often mentioned that are, however the sexual side of d/s isn't brought up until the very end (and even then it's a mild scene). I did however enjoy that this book focused on the sweet side of BDSM, instead of the typical darker side.

This novella was a pretty quick read since it was only abou
Alyssa
A fantastic read. I wish it had been longer, but I do hope Jill Christie has a sequel up her sleeve... I want to find out more about Stacy, and Brendan too! There's BDSM, but it reads like more of a 'sweet' romance than the usual erotic romance available. Definitely recommend it!
Petra Grayson
I just didn't care for it. The language didn't speak to me, the situations felt forced. There was a decent conflict but it felt incomplete and poorly executed. There were some well thought out emotions but I didn't think anything was well resolved. This book had some BDSM/FemDom but the bulk of it was how being dominant helped this woman take control of her life and her emotions. I could get behind the idea of wrapping yourself in confidence to get through tough situations but I didn't feel the ...more
Janet
Short but actually sweet BDSM novella. This is a second chance at love story, with the premise established and outlined very well. Jill C Flanagan gives enough background to make her characters interesting and likeable. I found myself emotionally connected early on. The twist is that the heroine is the Domme and the hero the sub. The story was well plotted and evenly paced. There were quite a few secondary characters I found entertaining and intriguing enough to hope for additional stories. The ...more
Bookbeauty
*** I have received an ARC via NetGalley ***

I did like this little novella and it was a steamy, but fast read.
I think it could've have been bit longer to explore the kinky side of Stacy and Brendan as a couple ;) and to give more background/story/weight to the characters and their development.
For a short story, there was simply too much going on, the reunion of Stacy and her childhood friend (and love interest) Brendan, the problems with her mother, the romance itself and BSDM (okay, it was a ki
Coco at *Reading Nook Blog*
*ARC provided by Wyrd Publishing via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*
Chelsea
While I appreciated that this book handles the "bbw" thing in a subtle and far more appropriate way than many similar titles (that feel the need to underline and emphasize and constantly remind the reader of the heroine's size), I did find Twice Shy a little lacking.

I liked Stacey and Brendan, I did. I liked her sass and her Domme side. I liked that Brendan was a big strong alpha-by-day kind of guy. I appreciated that they had a history - certainly that makes it easier to create a trusting BDSM
Karinosa
This was a very fast read for me. I have never heard of this author and took a chance. Stacy and Brendan were BFF's in a small town growing up together. Stacy did not have the best up bringing and Brendan had a strict mother. The way life takes them and separates them in just one night causes Stacy a lot of heart ache and grief. Stacy is a plus size girl with baggage and a Domme to boot. She has learned a lot about herself and that submission is just not for her. She wants to move forward in her ...more
Heather andrews
I think I only highlighted one thing while reading, because well it was a short story, and there wasn't really that much going on. Stacey though that girl we learn likes to be in control, "no masturbating without my permission. Your orgasms are mine." Other than that not much to say, but I will state that I don't do short stories for this reason not a lot of content for things to note or highlight. The story was okay itself I just wished there was more.
Maria
Stacey Jones has returned to Cutter's Creek to face her past demons. It is time for her to put her past to bed. She is nervous about doing this, but she knows she must. She was hurt eight years ago by a man. If she encounters him what will she do?

Brendan never apologized for what he did to the woman he hurt so long ago. She is back now and he wants to fix things between them. How can he accomplish this?

This was really good, but too short for my taste. This had a story to it.
* Booksessed * Bec
Book provided by the publisher.

This was a well written debut with a fast moving exciting plot. The characters were interesting but I would have liked more time to see them develop and get to know them.
It flowed really well apart from the sex scenes, I'm not sure what happened but it stuttered and seemed forced. I'm hoping this improves as the series progresses.
Tammy
A quick read that has plenty of action. Stacy left Bandit Creek years ago and now it is time to return and get the answers she is looking for. She meets up again with Brendan the person who betrayed her years ago. A colorful group of characters that I would love to learn more about. An interesting twist with Stacy the dominant one. Sexy and sweet read.
A.M. Westerling
This BDSM novella is part of the Bandit Creek Series. I don’t normally read the genre and I learned more about the terminology, philosophies and practices than I ever thought I needed to know! I skipped a few explicit scenes.

Having said that, this is a nice little story that underscores the BDSM theme of trust. The heroine, Stacey, is likeable and a bit poignant. She returns to Bandit Creek to confront her mother and once and for all get over the high school sweetheart who hurt her years earlier
Donna Tunney
In TWICE SHY, author Jill Christie weaves an emotional tale when Stacy Jones returns to her home town of Bandit Creek to discover her true identity...and confront the man who betrayed her love eight years earlier.

This novella is so much more than your standard erotica. There's a whole lot of story here. It's a poignant read, filled with complex characters, who are flawed but human. And, of course, there's some hot sex scenes.

Although the BDSM moments are light, I feel I've gained a new awareness
Cinette Santangelo
Stacy couldn't get out of Bandit Creek fast enough, and now, eight years later, she has no choice but to go back. It was bad enough she had to face her neglectful mother again, but Brendan is back in town too, the guy who betrayed her all those years ago. She wants to forget who she used to be, but being back in Bandit Creek had brought back all her old insecurities and fears.
Will she get the information on her identity that she needs? Will she be able to face B once again?
Yes, there is a touch
Katie
ARC received via NetGalley

I thought this book was fairly ok. It got to the point (didn't have unnecessary parts) which, as it was quite short, I thought was good. I would have liked it to be a bit longer.
Shirley
Very intriguing dramatic with sweet bdsm! Love the characters and plot.
liane
I want more thought was short.
Will read the next one
Antoinette the Book Junkie
Hot, sexy, full figure woman of dominance. She knew early on that she was different. Her spirit was not meant to be tamed. She was destine to rule her bedroom and in her way. Turned on. Turned up. Feel the power of the persona of the 'Mistress' she had to step in and step up. It is time for the big girl panties now. She has to step up and face her past and what made her leave home in the beginning. Its time to face the past to have a future.

Ms. Flanagan I am looking forward to more of the Restra
Charity
This story seems very short and needs more substance to make the character love feel a little more real. This is a fem-dom book. Stacy is a dominant with an attitude plus a softer side not seen by many. The story has potential, but editing errors and the lack of better character development makes this just a 3 star rating for me.
Delta
Free on Amazon today, 04-16-14.

Contemp Romance, Erotica

Kate
I think my problem is that I like BDSM but only when the man is in charge. (How sexist!)
Ella Reece
Ella Reece marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
  • Delayed Surrender 1 (Delayed Surrender, #1)
  • Club Dishabille (Apprivoisé, #1)
  • Eraser
  • Leader of the Pack
  • Damaged Beauties (Romanced by the Damaged Millionaire, #1)
  • Teaching Maya
  • Desires (Desires, #1)
  • The Nekkid Truth
  • Bind Me
  • Worthy of the Billionaire's Attention (Worthy of the Billionaire, #1)
  • Overexposed
  • A Whole Lot of Love
  • Let Me Fly (Learning to Let Go, #1)
  • Barely Surviving (Surviving, #1)
  • Just Fall (The Fall, #1)
  • All Good Things(Good Things, #1)
  • His Indecent Training