Start by marking “Mindbender (Sovereign of the Seven Isles, #3)” as Want to Read:
Mindbender (Sovereign of the Seven Isles, #3)

Mindbender (Sovereign of the Seven Isles #3)

4.09  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,688 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
War has erupted across the Seven Isles. Alexander has recovered the Sovereign Stone, and much to his surprise, it has bonded to him, revealing the truth of his bloodline and his duty. He is the Seventh Sovereign of the Seven Isles and champion of the Old Law.

Fleeing the wrath of Prince Phane, Alexander has traveled through the Reishi Gate to Ithilian in search of an allian
Published December 10th 2011 by Alexander Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Mindbender, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mindbender

Kathleen
Sep 30, 2015 Kathleen rated it liked it
Not quite 3 stars, even though the plot is fast-paced and gripping and the characters are likable. It's a fairly engrossing book, but quite predictable so far. I fear the series is going to drag for me. The characters are becoming nothing more than caricatures. Lucky always like to eat and he always likes recipes. Jattan always stands with his hands clasped loosely behind his back — we're told this repeatedly. Chloe always calls Alex "My Love" and tells him to be careful, while he always calls h ...more
Christopher
Jan 05, 2016 Christopher rated it it was amazing
Review to come! :D
Teri
Oct 04, 2014 Teri rated it it was ok
I really feel the need to review this book. It's laughable at how outclassed the bad guy is in this story by the good guys. The author offers almost no suspense. You never have any sense of impending doom, of a battle lost (or any heroes companions, for that matter.) The only good guy that dies is the brother in the opening scene of the first book. Come on!

Also:

How many magic swords does the hero need?
Deux ex machina much?
Are there any remaining islands that are with the bad guy?
Everything reli
Stephen
Jun 04, 2016 Stephen rated it it was amazing
Mindbender is the third book in the epic fantasy series, The Sovereign of the Seven Isles. Like the first two of the series, it is well written and holds your interest til the end and then again makes you want the next book. I normally don't like books that jump back and forth between characters, but this series is so well written, I did find it bothersome. This book has everything, from romace to war, the action is always in the right places and you will fall in love with the charactersas they ...more
Becky
Okay, so before I get stuck into the review for this, a little warning: I will refer to things that happened in the previous books, including plot points, because if you're wondering if you should read this book you should definately read or have read them first and not gripe at me about plot points from that. I will hide plot points/revelations from this book behind spoiler text though so don't worry.

So, in 'Mindbender', we follow on from the previous book almost immediately again, with Alexand
Whitney Bunker
Nov 12, 2015 Whitney Bunker rated it liked it
The second book was definitely an improvement there was not near as much repetition. I am starting to agree with some other reviewers that the main character is just too powerful it just feels like it'll be a good balance between him and the antagonist. However with all the extra allies Alex has Phane doesn't really stand a chance.
Shaughn
Nov 19, 2014 Shaughn rated it really liked it
Enjoying the series. With this book I felt the series started to come into it's own. Some subtle and not so subtle character development. Overall glad to see the series continue and still excited to read the next book
Bill Tillman
Listening to midfielder was quite different from reading as I did for books one and two. Perkins is a gifted narrator and brought everything to life! Totally enjoyable.
Marc Taylor
Aug 22, 2014 Marc Taylor rated it it was amazing
I'm loving this series and I couldn't stop listening to this book.

While there are a lot of traditional Fantasy Genre books on the market, David Wells' spin on a traditional story line is fantastic. The characters are very well defined and likable with enough back story given to give them depth.

My only complaint would be the ending of the book. Like the Sovereign Stone before it, this book ended in a manner that seemed more like the ending a chapter than that of a novel.

I am anxiously awaiting th
Mindy Conde
Mar 31, 2016 Mindy Conde rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I really liked how Isabel and Abigail took larger roles in this installment and the final battle was great! It got a bit bogged down here and there, but was a really fun and suspenseful read overall.
Hanna
Dec 28, 2014 Hanna rated it liked it
The writing is not the best and the author does not leave much to the imagination, but I still enjoyed the story and plan to read the next installment.
Roderick
Feb 08, 2014 Roderick rated it it was amazing
I am starting to see lots of recurring lines 1. about Lucky eating. 2. waif or waifish. kinda getting old
Dave
May 14, 2014 Dave rated it it was amazing
A quick read. Ready for the next in the series.
A. McKay
Nov 08, 2014 A. McKay rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio
AMAZING
Nanne
Jul 28, 2013 Nanne rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Decent book in a good series but definitely not his strongest work. I constantly feel like I knew what would happen and a lot of it was just underwhelming. I still like the characters though and I love the diverse magic system and if the plot returns to more intricate ways I will still rank this among the better series.
Scott Marshall
Jun 25, 2013 Scott Marshall rated it really liked it
The writing style isn't as engaging as, say, Robin Hobb or Tolkien, and the story line isn't full of surprises (spoiler: the good guy lives) ... and yet, I am addicted. On to the next in the series!
Michelle Gross
Dec 29, 2012 Michelle Gross rated it it was amazing
Yet another thrilling installment of the series. I like the character development and the sub plots. It's getting more intriguing. Looking forward to book 4.
Sarah Fletcher
Sep 04, 2012 Sarah Fletcher rated it really liked it
Couldn't put down though I found the ending too abrupt not so much a cliff hanger but it just stopped halfway through a scene but apart from that loved it!
Ann Noell
Dec 11, 2012 Ann Noell rated it it was amazing
Book three; this wonderful fantasy just keeps getting better. The story is fast paced and interesting. A feel good, triumph over evil story.
Elwen Curvin
May 03, 2013 Elwen Curvin rated it liked it
I don't remember when I finished this book and I don't remember enough about it to even rate the thing so I'm giving it middle marks.
Foxfish
Aug 29, 2012 Foxfish rated it it was amazing
Great stuff, you cant get a much faster paced read,I still dont like the fairy but hey its really good fun....my love!
Goede
Sep 10, 2012 Goede rated it really liked it
The serie gets better and better!
Wauw. Book 1 was ok, book 2 was very good, book three is excellent.
Richard Sherman
Sep 23, 2012 Richard Sherman rated it really liked it
Third book and its getting better and better. Nicely written, basic and fun.
Louisa
May 29, 2012 Louisa rated it it was amazing
Another brilliant installment in the amazing series.
Justin
Feb 01, 2013 Justin rated it it was amazing
loved the unique enemies
Tammy Tandberg
Tammy Tandberg marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2016
Tobin
Tobin added it
Jun 25, 2016
William
William rated it it was amazing
Jun 23, 2016
Graham Barnett
Graham Barnett rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2016
Chris
Chris rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2016
  • Reader and Educator Guide to "The Hobbit" and "The Lord of the Rings"
  • Protector of the Grove (The Bowl of Souls, #7 / Jharro Grove Saga, #2)
  • Magic Awakening (The Five Kingdom, #2)
  • Sun Mage (Blacklight Chronicles, #2)
  • The Sorcerer's Quest (The Sorcerer's Saga Book 1)
  • The Dragonswarm (Dragonprince Trilogy, #2)
  • The Archmage Unbound (Mageborn, #3)
  • Poisonwell (Whispers from Mirrowen, #3)
  • The Dragons Revenge (Tales from the New Earth, #2)
  • Champion (Sanctuary, #3)
  • Return of the Dragon Riders (Dragon Stone Saga #2)
  • The Protectors (Royal Institute of Magic, Book 3)
  • The Light of Kerrindryr
  • My Merlin Series (The Complete Trilogy)
  • Venom of the Serpent's Cunning (Andy Smithson, #2)
  • The Fallen Angle (The Harbinger of Doom Saga, #2)
  • Tolkien's Ring
  • The Shadow of Gods (The Godling Chronicles, #3)
Since my childhood, I've been passionate about fantasy. After reading many stories of epic struggle set in worlds of magic, I've decided to create a world of my own. The Seven Isles is the result.
More about David A. Wells...

Sovereign of the Seven Isles (7 books)
  • Thinblade (Sovereign of the Seven Isles, #1)
  • Sovereign Stone  (Sovereign of the Seven Isles, #2)
  • Blood of the Earth (Sovereign of the Seven Isles, #4)
  • Cursed Bones  (Sovereign of the Seven Isles, #5)
  • Linkershim (Sovereign of the Seven Isles, #6)
  • Reishi Adept (Sovereign of the Seven Isles, #7)

“Sometimes I wonder if the worst crime evil people ever commit is forcing good people to kill them in defense of life and liberty.” 1 likes
“Opportunities often come along only once. If you don’t seize them, you may not get another chance.” 0 likes