Start by marking “Dare To Be A Champion” as Want to Read:
Dare To Be A Champion

Dare To Be A Champion

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  78 ratings  ·  8 reviews
"Dare To Be A Champion" is the autobiography of Dato' Lee Chong Wei, a professional badminton player from Malaysia.

Since August 21st, 2008 he has been ranked as the world's no. 1 badminton men singles player on the Badminton World Federation (BWF) World Ranking list for more than 172 weeks. He has also been called "The Hero of the Nation" by Najib Razak, the Prime Minister
Published January 2012 by Bukuganda Digital & Publication

To ask other readers questions about Dare To Be A Champion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dare To Be A Champion

Khairul Shafee
I think the book is okay. The book lacks detail. But one thing is for sure you got to learn a bit the Lee Chong Wei. His determination, his hardwork despite being mischievous at times. He learned it the hard way. He knows how to plan his future and he makes lots of money playing badminton. One thing that I also learned is his generosity. That is a champion material right there. The only thing is that, the book is not worth the price. Some grammatical mistakes here and there. But again, this is a ...more
Camellia
a motivative book..I read both Mandarin and English version. Although I'm Chinese and this book is originally written in Mandarin, I think the English version is better because some sentences really moved me. Whereas the Mandarin version, i would just say it is mediocre.
It teaches us that there is no way to approach success other than hard work. When you conquer your laziness, hesitation and self doubts, you are already a winner, in spite of how many time you experience failure on court.
Shirlyn Eng
I find it rather disappointing as I have higher expectations as this is supposed to be LCW's autobiography. Photos do speak a thousand words but I find some photos are simply placed. English-wise, simple English are used and not filtered thoroughly. But from this book, we can see how LCW persevere through hard times and never fails to come back as stronger as ever. And that is a true hero.
Vinodh Menon
Minus the one racially insensitive reference to the Indian race, and the obvious fact that this book was not written by Lee Chong Wei himself, it was an average read. A few childhood stories and some personal beliefs add colour to this simplistic yet at times rather inspiring book. Not a book that you should rush to get off the shelves, however if you get it as a gift, it isn't too bad.
Dominic
Overall a great book. Although its better to be read in Mandarin, due to the translation to English. Chong Wei did everything the hard way. No shortcuts. Great book. Never regret reading it.
Vennessasasaling
I finished reading this book around 1 to 3 days, its a good book i think, i get to know very well about lee chong wei autobiography from the past to present. I guess it was quite good
Mujahid Azmi
buku ni ok la,kisah liku-liku kehidupan beliau..cuma ada yg aku sangsi,makwe dlm tu jdi apa akhirnya?
LoveuMitchie Mss
LoveuMitchie Mss marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Binh Nguyen
Binh Nguyen marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Sahil Bajaj
Sahil Bajaj is currently reading it
Apr 02, 2015
Yukti Bali
Yukti Bali marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Alexander Karpov
Alexander Karpov marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
Shanth Vidyababu
Shanth Vidyababu marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
Nageshwary Aveliar
Nageshwary Aveliar is currently reading it
Mar 14, 2015
Shivam Singhal
Shivam Singhal marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2015
Abhiram Venkitt
Abhiram Venkitt marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
Richard Jiang
Richard Jiang marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
  • Langit Vanilla
  • A Doctor in the House: The Memoirs of Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad
  • Tuhan Manusia
  • Salina
  • Spain (Lonely Planet Guide)
  • A Camera, Two Kids, and a Camel: My Journey in Photographs
  • Excellence Without a Soul: How a Great University Forgot Education
  • Nyanyian Tanjung Sepi
  • Sentuhan Kasih
  • Fighting Pax (Dancing Jax #3)
  • 50 Things Every Young Gentleman Should Know
  • AWAN
  • Perempuan yang Melukis Wajah
  • Musafir Cinta (Makrifat Cinta, #2)