Start by marking “Dare To Be A Champion” as Want to Read:
Dare To Be A Champion

Dare To Be A Champion

4.36  ·  Rating Details  ·  113 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
"Dare To Be A Champion" is the autobiography of Dato' Lee Chong Wei, a professional badminton player from Malaysia.

Since August 21st, 2008 he has been ranked as the world's no. 1 badminton men singles player on the Badminton World Federation (BWF) World Ranking list for more than 172 weeks. He has also been called "The Hero of the Nation" by Najib Razak, the Prime Minister
Published January 2012 by Bukuganda Digital & Publication

Khairul Shafee
Jul 16, 2012 Khairul Shafee rated it it was ok
I think the book is okay. The book lacks detail. But one thing is for sure you got to learn a bit the Lee Chong Wei. His determination, his hardwork despite being mischievous at times. He learned it the hard way. He knows how to plan his future and he makes lots of money playing badminton. One thing that I also learned is his generosity. That is a champion material right there. The only thing is that, the book is not worth the price. Some grammatical mistakes here and there. But again, this is a ...more
Tùng Bùi
Mar 21, 2014 Tùng Bùi rated it it was amazing
good
Camellia
Nov 10, 2012 Camellia rated it really liked it
a motivative book..I read both Mandarin and English version. Although I'm Chinese and this book is originally written in Mandarin, I think the English version is better because some sentences really moved me. Whereas the Mandarin version, i would just say it is mediocre.
It teaches us that there is no way to approach success other than hard work. When you conquer your laziness, hesitation and self doubts, you are already a winner, in spite of how many time you experience failure on court.
Shirlyn Eng
Apr 02, 2013 Shirlyn Eng rated it it was ok
I find it rather disappointing as I have higher expectations as this is supposed to be LCW's autobiography. Photos do speak a thousand words but I find some photos are simply placed. English-wise, simple English are used and not filtered thoroughly. But from this book, we can see how LCW persevere through hard times and never fails to come back as stronger as ever. And that is a true hero.
Vinodh Menon
Jun 28, 2013 Vinodh Menon rated it liked it
Minus the one racially insensitive reference to the Indian race, and the obvious fact that this book was not written by Lee Chong Wei himself, it was an average read. A few childhood stories and some personal beliefs add colour to this simplistic yet at times rather inspiring book. Not a book that you should rush to get off the shelves, however if you get it as a gift, it isn't too bad.
Dominic
Sep 25, 2012 Dominic rated it really liked it
Overall a great book. Although its better to be read in Mandarin, due to the translation to English. Chong Wei did everything the hard way. No shortcuts. Great book. Never regret reading it.
Vennessasasaling
Aug 26, 2013 Vennessasasaling rated it it was amazing
I finished reading this book around 1 to 3 days, its a good book i think, i get to know very well about lee chong wei autobiography from the past to present. I guess it was quite good
Mujahid Azmi
Dec 05, 2012 Mujahid Azmi rated it really liked it
buku ni ok la,kisah liku-liku kehidupan beliau..cuma ada yg aku sangsi,makwe dlm tu jdi apa akhirnya?
Evewse
Evewse marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2016
Rakesh
Rakesh marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2016
Lee Hui
Lee Hui marked it as to-read
Nazaruddin Abdul Muhid
Nazaruddin Abdul Muhid rated it it was amazing
Isma Khairin
Isma Khairin marked it as to-read
Nisha
Nisha marked it as to-read
Satish Sasuke
Satish Sasuke rated it it was amazing
Icemanjoe
Icemanjoe marked it as to-read
Himresha
Himresha marked it as to-read
Purani Sevalingam
Purani Sevalingam rated it it was amazing
Srininivas Dr
Srininivas Dr marked it as to-read
泽
added it
Tung Foo
Tung Foo marked it as to-read
Cherrie Yiru
Cherrie Yiru marked it as to-read
Daniel Ong
Daniel Ong marked it as to-read
Tantyana_r
Tantyana_r marked it as to-read
Tan Ai Chen
Tan Ai Chen rated it it was amazing
Taasia Thong
Taasia Thong marked it as to-read
Loh Kae Wen
Loh Kae Wen marked it as to-read
Michael
Michael rated it it was amazing
Aug 18, 2016
Thar Thiha
Thar Thiha marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2016
  • When I Was A Kid 3
  • Membedah P. Ramlee
  • KASYAF
  • Introduction to Total Productive Maintenance
  • Spain (Lonely Planet Guide)