Start by marking “My Red Balloon” as Want to Read:
My Red Balloon

My Red Balloon

HardCover. Pub Date :2011-05-01 Pages: 56 Language: English Publisher: Minedition A little girl begins a happy bus outing with her beautiful red balloon. but is crestfallen when her balloon suddenly flies away. The bus driver and a bear on board come gallantly to her rescue. A wild chase begins and along the way a rabbit. a polar bear. a penguin and a giraffe all join in ...more
Published May 1st 2011 by Michael Neugebauer Book

To ask other readers questions about My Red Balloon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Red Balloon

Barbara
There's nothing quite as delightful as a red balloon--unless it's a balloon shared with friends. In this sweetly charming story of unexpected friendships, a girl climbs on a bus with her balloon only to let go of its string when she is showing it to one of the passengers. As the bus picks up new passengers, it also follows the balloon. Each of the animal passengers are just as eager to return the balloon to the little girl as she is to have it back. When they are unsuccessful, they find a ...more
Robin
Jul 31, 2014 Robin rated it really liked it
Shelves: international
Originally published in Japan in 2011 (US 2014)

A bit of a cumulative story as different animals board the bus and look for the girl's red balloon, which has escaped. Also an I Spy aspect to this one, as the balloon nestle next to a tree full of red leaves, then behind a cloud with only the string hanging down.

Although a bird pops the balloon near the end, they comfort her by spotting a giant red balloon that reappears each day. (the sun in the sky at sunset).
Sam
Jun 18, 2016 Sam rated it really liked it
Shelves: storytime
A young girl loses her balloon at a bus stop. Fortunately, loads of other bus passengers (all animals) decide to help her chase it. Charmingly illustrated. Simple text makes for an easy preschool readaloud.
Dec 30, 2014 Sarah rated it really liked it
Charming story with beautiful simple illustrations. My 5 year old read this to me without difficulty and was easily able to spot the balloon, but a younger child would probably enjoy looking for it. A beautiful book for sharing.
mama2r
Apr 07, 2016 mama2r rated it really liked it
Sweet and charming book. Beautiful illustrations. My son enjoyed finding the balloon on each page. The ending sparked a conversation on what the sunset represented. He liked it so much he took it to show and tell at preschool.
Erin
May 29, 2014 Erin rated it liked it
Cute, simple book about a little girl who rides the bus with her red balloon. She lets go of it on accident and gets help from the other passengers (who are all animals) to find it again.
Rudi
Mar 30, 2016 Rudi rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
Lovely little story with beautiful illustrations. Short, easy sentences. Predictable format, which kids enjoy and relate to. Seems like a book we'd read over and over. Would make a nice gift.
Brindi
this would be great as a prop story for my toddlers, using one balloon and the animals. at the end i could give them all red balloons.
Jun 17, 2016 Sarah rated it really liked it
i was amazed by how captivated my two year olds were with this book. it is nice and enjoyable, but I don't know how it spoke to my kids so powerfully. "hold tight... cheer up," my boy likes to say.
Jen
Jen rated it really liked it
May 24, 2014
Nanor & Co.
Nanor & Co. rated it really liked it
Nov 05, 2014
Sarah Heron
Sarah Heron rated it really liked it
Oct 08, 2014
Sandra Echevarria
Sandra Echevarria rated it really liked it
Sep 28, 2014
Rachel Rosen
Rachel Rosen rated it really liked it
Nov 10, 2015
Briony
Briony rated it liked it
Jun 23, 2014
Coach D
Coach D rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2016
Brea Herrington
Brea Herrington rated it really liked it
Dec 12, 2014
Stacy
Stacy rated it liked it
Sep 07, 2014
Brandon Ingram
Brandon Ingram rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2014
Jim Dewald
Jim Dewald rated it really liked it
Oct 23, 2014
Susan
Susan rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2014
Sarah rated it liked it
Apr 12, 2016
Alexandra
Alexandra rated it really liked it
Mar 12, 2014
Elisabeth
Elisabeth rated it really liked it
May 14, 2014
Phoenix
Phoenix rated it liked it
Sep 02, 2015
Alana/MiaTheReader
Alana/MiaTheReader rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2016
S
S rated it really liked it
Feb 13, 2015
Brittany
Brittany rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2014