Start by marking “Visions of Chains (Awakening, #3)” as Want to Read:
Visions of Chains (Awakening, #3)

Visions of Chains (The Awakening #3)

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  146 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Every witch has a destined mate, an Eternal who will serve as her guardian and complete her powers. Once the first of the coven has awakened, the witches must race against time to join with their Eternals and protect the relics that will prevent the destruction of the world....

Published June 5th 2012 by Signet

To ask other readers questions about Visions of Chains, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Visions of Chains

All Things Urban Fantasy
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy

In the third book of the Awakening series; VISIONS OF CHAINS delivers another intense and passionate story with a new couple; Deidre and Finn. I love the way the witch hunts and hysteria is translated to a modern setting with guns and GPS trackers. It’s an interesting ‘what if’ scenario involving civil liberties being slowly stripped away and accused witches being shuffled off to internment camps.

The world building gets bigger and more in depth with eac
Meaghan
Visions of Chains is the third installment in The Awakening series and this book just reminds me of why I love Regan Hastings. She writes fast paced novels with intense romance that will have you glued to the pages from start to finish.
In this book we focus on Finn and Diedre. While the end goal for each couple is the same, find the artifact they hid, reunite all of them together and fix the mistakes they made eight hundred years ago, Regan has an amazing ability to make each journey unique. The
Robin Priddy
Deidre Sterilng tries to save the witches from the internment camps and the executions. She tries to help by staging peacful protest for witches' rights. She has even gone to her mother for help. She belives that her mother can do more to help the women who are accused of being withes because she is the President of the United States. Her mother wants Deidre to stay out of the limelight and not let the public know she is fighting for rights for the witches. Deidre does whatever she can but she i ...more
Lisa M
3 1/2*s Deidre Sterling is the president's daughter and an advocate for witches' rights. When she goes on a raid to free some witches who are to be executed, she is kidnapped by Finn, the leader of a witch freedom terrorist group. While in mortal danger, Deidre discovers that she herself is a witch, and that Finn is her destined mate and guardian, her Eternal.

Finn and Deidre have a mission to accomplish. They must mate, increasing her powers, so that she can find her piece of an ancient Artifact
Maria Mercedes The Oracle Reviews
Visions of Chains (The Awakening #3)
By: Regan
Published June 5th 2012 by Signet

Deidre Sterling is tired of being used. Her mother, the President of the United States, uses her as a prop for the televisi
Tabby -  Shattered Hearts Reviews
Original Review Can be Found - here

With this being the third book, I pretty much knew what to expect from this author. I am pleased to announce that, while I still hold the first two a little closer to my heart, this one was pretty awesome too!

Deidre is one strong heroine. I love me some Alpha females. Here she is on a rebellious streak against everyone who is out to "use" her. She has a strong will and one big heart. She is hell bent on saving witches from camps where they are to be killed for
Lisa Annesley
One of the Most Powerful Witches in the World...

Eight hundred years ago, the original great coven of seven witches attempted to gain power with a Black Silver Artifact. Instead, they opened a gateway to Hell. In atonement, the witches each hid a part of the Artifact and their power was bound. Now the time of the Awakening is upon the reincarnated witches, and it's within their power to withstand the dark call of the Artifact. Each witch has an immortal Eternal, their destined mate, who will serv
Ellen
Deidre made some stupid moves, including going to see her mother after being told to wait for Finn. One day wouldn't have killed her surely?

It was different from the previous books but I'm not sure I like the direction that Deidre and Finn took, so bloody proud I wanted to slap sense into them. Yeah yeah eternity with someone you don't love sucks, but bloody hell THE WORLD IS IN DANGER. It was selfish of both of them to think their relationship issues are more important than the freaking world.

S
Joshua Burns
As seen on Rabidreads.ca:

Visions of Chains gives us a vision of an America turned in upon itself to exterminate the witches. The First Amendment is in danger of being overthrown so as to prevent the naysayers and yeahsayers alike from forming opinions about the witch topic.

Over top of this political witch hunt, we have Deidre, the President's daughter, discovering that she may just be one of the Chosen Ones (I have invented this title; just know she has incredible power). The Chosen Ones each
Samantha
Deidre Sterling is the daughter of the President of the United States and she knows better than anyone that she has an image to uphold. Holding it up is another story because Deidre’s main cause is to fight against the torment of the witches. When Deidre’s friend, Shauna, recruit her into a new mission to fight with witches, she discovers that she is a part of the most powerful coven of witches ever.

Finn has been waiting over eight centuries for Deidre’s power to awaken and for them to begin the
Jessica
this book was highly disappointing and I'm glad it wasn't the first book id read in the series or I wouldn't have continied. the characters in this one were essentially the same as the last meither trusting the other and planning to go their seperate ways when it was all over-if this soinds familiar its because thats exactly how the characters in the last book felt which was disappointing because I wanted something new like the difference between the first and second books. the characters were a ...more
PepperP0t
Deidre Sterling first daughter, supporter for witch's rights and spokesperson for the elimination of the internment camps and her Eternal, Finn, have been in supporting

Originally Read: May 13, 2014
Rating: 3.5 stars actually
This entire review and others can be found at: http://www.ireadthatbook.com
Jeannie Lopez
Great , I cannot find more of these i am so sad.
Maryanne
nice twist at the end
Diana Gould
This is the third book in the series and I really enjoyed it. I love the "world" that Regan built with the witches living in modern times and being persecuted. I suggest starting with the first book, but you don't have to.
Diane
It is a sdecent story, and although it is fairly predictable, it is fun to read. I hope this is not the last in the series as there are a couple of characters I would like to see next.
Kara-karina
Managed to read 1/3 of the book. If I didn't warm up to it and I don't feel for the characters by this point I'm hardly going to like it . What's the point in reading further? :( DNF
Pamela
Rated 3.5

link to my review courtesy of Romance Junkies: http://romancejunkiesreviews.com/artm...
Angela
Love this new series by Regan Hastings! Can't wait for the next one!
Christina Turville
Amazing, just like the first 2 in the series! Keep them coming.!
Glenda Bettin
really really LIKED this series, looking forward to the next one
Kris Dickinson
Hope there is going to be a book #4!!
Tamara
full review to come
Sophia
Sophia marked it as to-read
May 18, 2015
needs
needs marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
Sara
Sara added it
Apr 27, 2015
Sonya
Sonya marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Pat
Pat added it
Mar 30, 2015
Goodreads Librari...: Please combine 3 19 Jun 11, 2012 09:25AM
  • Embrace the Night (Night #1)
  • Chaos Burning (Bound by Magick, #2)
  • Wicked Road to Hell (League of Guardians, #1)
  • Our Summer of Discontent
  • Blood Kin (The Half-Light City, #2)
  • Vengeance Moon (Earth Witches, #2)
  • Nightwalker (Stormwalker, #4)
  • Daughter of the Spellcaster (The Portal, #2)
  • Tempted by Blood (Sweetblood, #3)
  • The Werewolf's Wife
  • In the Company of Witches (Arcane Shot, #2)
  • Obsidian Flame (Guardians of Ascension, #5)
  • Embrace of the Damned (Brotherhood of the Damned, #1)
  • The Asylum Interviews: Trixie (The Asylum Tales, #0.6)
  • To Kiss a King (Kings of California, #11)
  • A Devil Named Desire (The Devil's Bargain #2)
  • Inferno's Kiss (Order of the Sicari, #3)
  • All That Falls (Etherlin, #2)
Maureen Child was born 28 September 1951 in California, USA. She and her husband enjoy traveling, usually taking road trips with her parents. When she’s at home, she is kept busy with her two grown children and a somewhat confused golden retriever named Abbey. She is busy writing her next book.

Under her own name, Maureen Child writes short contemporary novels—books she loves to write because of th
More about Regan Hastings...

The Awakening (3 books)
  • Visions of Magic (Awakening, #1)
  • Visions of Skyfire (Awakening, #2)
Visions of Magic (Awakening, #1) Visions of Skyfire (Awakening, #2)