Start by marking “Visions of Chains (Awakening, #3)” as Want to Read:
Visions of Chains (Awakening, #3)

Visions of Chains (The Awakening #3)

Every witch has a destined mate, an Eternal who will serve as her guardian and complete her powers. Once the first of the coven has awakened, the witches must race against time to join with their Eternals and protect the relics that will prevent the destruction of the world....

Published June 5th 2012 by Signet

To ask other readers questions about Visions of Chains, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Visions of Chains

Meaghan
Oct 16, 2011 Meaghan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Visions of Chains is the third installment in The Awakening series and this book just reminds me of why I love Regan Hastings. She writes fast paced novels with intense romance that will have you glued to the pages from start to finish.
In this book we focus on Finn and Diedre. While the end goal for each couple is the same, find the artifact they hid, reunite all of them together and fix the mistakes they made eight hundred years ago, Regan has an amazing ability to make each journey unique. The
All Things Urban Fantasy
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy

In the third book of the Awakening series; VISIONS OF CHAINS delivers another intense and passionate story with a new couple; Deidre and Finn. I love the way the witch hunts and hysteria is translated to a modern setting with guns and GPS trackers. It’s an interesting ‘what if’ scenario involving civil liberties being slowly stripped away and accused witches being shuffled off to internment camps.

The world building gets bigger and more in depth with eac
Diana Brown
The book was good, but once again what I had assumed was a trilogy, is an unfinished series. This book was written in 2012, and I don't see any other titles. I know it's actually Maureen Child. If you aren't going to finish the series then close the plot lines.
Lisa Annesley
One of the Most Powerful Witches in the World...

Eight hundred years ago, the original great coven of seven witches attempted to gain power with a Black Silver Artifact. Instead, they opened a gateway to Hell. In atonement, the witches each hid a part of the Artifact and their power was bound. Now the time of the Awakening is upon the reincarnated witches, and it's within their power to withstand the dark call of the Artifact. Each witch has an immortal Eternal, their destined mate, who will serv
Joshua Burns
As seen on Rabidreads.ca:

Visions of Chains gives us a vision of an America turned in upon itself to exterminate the witches.   The First Amendment is in danger of being overthrown so as to prevent the naysayers and yeahsayers alike from forming opinions about the witch topic.

Over top of this political witch hunt, we have Deidre, the President's daughter, discovering that she may just be one of the Chosen Ones (I have invented this title; just know she has incredible power).   The Chosen Ones eac
Maria Mercedes The Oracle Reviews
Visions of Chains (The Awakening #3)
By: Regan
Published June 5th 2012 by Signet

Deidre Sterling is tired of being used. Her mother, the President of the United States, uses her as a prop for the televisi
Samantha
Jun 13, 2012 Samantha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Deidre Sterling is the daughter of the President of the United States and she knows better than anyone that she has an image to uphold. Holding it up is another story because Deidre’s main cause is to fight against the torment of the witches. When Deidre’s friend, Shauna, recruit her into a new mission to fight with witches, she discovers that she is a part of the most powerful coven of witches ever.

Finn has been waiting over eight centuries for Deidre’s power to awaken and for them to begin the
Robin Priddy
May 25, 2012 Robin Priddy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Deidre Sterilng tries to save the witches from the internment camps and the executions. She tries to help by staging peacful protest for witches' rights. She has even gone to her mother for help. She belives that her mother can do more to help the women who are accused of being withes because she is the President of the United States. Her mother wants Deidre to stay out of the limelight and not let the public know she is fighting for rights for the witches. Deidre does whatever she can but she i ...more
Ellen
May 28, 2012 Ellen rated it liked it
Deidre made some stupid moves, including going to see her mother after being told to wait for Finn. One day wouldn't have killed her surely?

It was different from the previous books but I'm not sure I like the direction that Deidre and Finn took, so bloody proud I wanted to slap sense into them. Yeah yeah eternity with someone you don't love sucks, but bloody hell THE WORLD IS IN DANGER. It was selfish of both of them to think their relationship issues are more important than the freaking world.

S
Tabby -  Shattered Hearts Reviews
Original Review Can be Found - here

With this being the third book, I pretty much knew what to expect from this author. I am pleased to announce that, while I still hold the first two a little closer to my heart, this one was pretty awesome too!

Deidre is one strong heroine. I love me some Alpha females. Here she is on a rebellious streak against everyone who is out to "use" her. She has a strong will and one big heart. She is hell bent on saving witches from camps where they are to be killed for
Lisa M
3 1/2*s Deidre Sterling is the president's daughter and an advocate for witches' rights. When she goes on a raid to free some witches who are to be executed, she is kidnapped by Finn, the leader of a witch freedom terrorist group. While in mortal danger, Deidre discovers that she herself is a witch, and that Finn is her destined mate and guardian, her Eternal.

Finn and Deidre have a mission to accomplish. They must mate, increasing her powers, so that she can find her piece of an ancient Artifact
Jessica
this book was highly disappointing and I'm glad it wasn't the first book id read in the series or I wouldn't have continied. the characters in this one were essentially the same as the last meither trusting the other and planning to go their seperate ways when it was all over-if this soinds familiar its because thats exactly how the characters in the last book felt which was disappointing because I wanted something new like the difference between the first and second books. the characters were a ...more
PepperP0t
Deidre Sterling first daughter, supporter for witch's rights and spokesperson for the elimination of the internment camps and her Eternal, Finn, have been in supporting

Originally Read: May 13, 2014
Rating: 3.5 stars actually
This entire review and others can be found at: http://www.ireadthatbook.com
Diana Gould
Jan 15, 2012 Diana Gould rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the third book in the series and I really enjoyed it. I love the "world" that Regan built with the witches living in modern times and being persecuted. I suggest starting with the first book, but you don't have to.
Maryanne
Apr 21, 2014 Maryanne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
nice twist at the end
Jeannie Lopez
Aug 01, 2014 Jeannie Lopez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great , I cannot find more of these i am so sad.
Kara-karina
Managed to read 1/3 of the book. If I didn't warm up to it and I don't feel for the characters by this point I'm hardly going to like it . What's the point in reading further? :( DNF
Glenda Bettin
Feb 08, 2012 Glenda Bettin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
really really LIKED this series, looking forward to the next one
Christina Turville
Amazing, just like the first 2 in the series! Keep them coming.!
Diane
Aug 05, 2012 Diane rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is a sdecent story, and although it is fairly predictable, it is fun to read. I hope this is not the last in the series as there are a couple of characters I would like to see next.
Pamela
Mar 25, 2012 Pamela rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rated 3.5

link to my review courtesy of Romance Junkies: http://romancejunkiesreviews.com/artm...
Kris Dickinson
May 22, 2012 Kris Dickinson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hope there is going to be a book #4!!
Maria
Maria rated it liked it
Jan 24, 2017
Deb Carroll
Deb Carroll rated it really liked it
Nov 02, 2012
Ashley
Ashley rated it really liked it
Mar 17, 2012
Tamara
Sep 25, 2011 Tamara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
full review to come
Panfan
Panfan rated it it was ok
Dec 30, 2016
Tiffany Shand
Tiffany Shand rated it it was amazing
Dec 23, 2012
Vanessa Cahill
Vanessa Cahill rated it liked it
May 08, 2016
Teresa Zimmer
Teresa Zimmer rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please combine 3 19 Jun 11, 2012 09:25AM
  • Chaos Burning (Bound by Magick, #2)
  • Embrace the Night (Night #1)
  • Vengeance Moon (Earth Witches, #2)
  • Wicked Road To Hell (League of Guardians, #1)
  • In the Company of Witches (Arcane Shot, #2)
  • Blood Kin (The Half-Light City, #2)
  • Daughter of the Spellcaster (The Portal, #2)
  • Obsidian Flame (Guardians of Ascension, #5)
  • Sin's Dark Caress (Dark Brethren, #3)
  • To Kiss a King (Kings of California, #12)
  • Tempted by Blood (Sweetblood, #3)
  • The Werewolf's Wife
  • Compelled (Coveted, #3)
  • Nightwalker (Stormwalker, #4)
  • A Demon Does It Better (Hex, #6)
  • Magick Ignited (Pentacles of Magick, #2)
  • Inferno's Kiss (Order of the Sicari, #3)
  • Embrace of the Damned (Brotherhood of the Damned, #1)
Maureen Child was born 28 September 1951 in California, USA. She and her husband enjoy traveling, usually taking road trips with her parents. When she’s at home, she is kept busy with her two grown children and a somewhat confused golden retriever named Abbey. She is busy writing her next book.

Under her own name, Maureen Child writes short contemporary novels—books she loves to write because of th
More about Regan Hastings...

The Awakening (3 books)
  • Visions of Magic (Awakening, #1)
  • Visions of Skyfire (Awakening, #2)