Start by marking “Network+ Guide to Networks (Networking)” as Want to Read:
Network+ Guide to Networks (Networking)

Network+ Guide to Networks (Networking)

3.34 of 5 stars 3.34  ·  rating details  ·  87 ratings  ·  6 reviews
This title will prepare users for the Network+ Certification Exam, created by CompTIA, the creators of the popular A+ Certification. This book features extensive hands-on is designed to help users pass this vendor-neutral certification.
Paperback, Fourth Edition, 956 pages
Published April 4th 2005 by Thomson/Course Technology (first published September 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Network+ Guide to Networks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Network+ Guide to Networks

Sara
I felt constant information overload from this book. I may have some residual negative feelings towards it because I had a horrible, rambling, out-of-date professor and I soon discovered I was really not into networking, BUT I do remember this book having tooonnsss of information on every minuscule aspect of networking. I'm not sure all of it was necessary, but I'll let the networking enthusiasts decide.
Summer
I HATED this class. It may not have been so bad if I had taken it in person, but all I.T. classes at my school are either at night or online. So I opted for online, and discovered that reading about I.T. without any hands-on is my kryptonite. I have since changed majors, all due this class! I still managed to get an A in it though, thankfully.
Dae
Oh hell no. This class was torture and this book is best used to kill bugs or to throw at people.
Joel
The material was well organized and presented. It does an adequate job preparing you for the Network+ test. I'd say it gets you about 80% of the way to being completely test ready. My biggest distraction was how every personal pronoun was in the female gender. The only exception I remember was when talking about an intruder on your network, then the pronoun "he" was used. Very odd.
Vanessa
It does it's job, but the information isn't presented in a fashion that helps you retain the information. It's dense text, little white space, and a bunch of terms and facts you have to memorize. They are organized and presented in a good order.
Stephanie Reid
Stephanie Reid marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Bb421h
Bb421h added it
Feb 18, 2015
Sullivan Minivan
Sullivan Minivan is currently reading it
Feb 14, 2015
Qais
Qais marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Nurullah Shahin
Nurullah Shahin marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Troy
Troy marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Ovidiu Pacuraru
Ovidiu Pacuraru marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Erik Molnar
Erik Molnar marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
The Human-Powered Home: Choosing Muscles Over Motors CompTia Network+ 2009 in Depth Network+ 2005 in Depth Network] Guide to Networks Network