Scarecrows: A DANDY World (Volume 1)

Scarecrows: A DANDY World (Volume 1)

4.4 of 5 stars 4.40  ·  rating details  ·  10 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Please Note: As of 1 January 2013 "SCARECROWS: A DANDY World" has a new cover.

******************

Praise for "SCARECROWS: A DANDY World"

“Scarecrows [A DANDY World] combines the whimsy of Mr. Data with one of the most insightful investigations of the mechanical mind since Asimov’s series. Jonathan Emrys creates some of the best SF imagery since his hero, Ray Bradbury.” -- Dan...more
Published May 21st 2012 by Jonathan Emrys & Wendilyn Emrys

Jonathan Emrys
Sep 02, 2012 Jonathan Emrys rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wrote
Okay, so I'm the author reviewing my own book. Instead of review, let's consider this a commentary not found in any of the marketing text. Right or wrong, I'm giving my own novel '05 Stars' because I found the journey behind the scenes "amazing". I truly like this story, and I am extremely proud of it, and believe it or not surprised by it, and I hope that you will enjoy it as well.

When writing this novel, I was inspired by how people treat people. You can be the nicest person in the world, and...more
Zoey42
Tiffany
I picked up this book on the advise of a friend, who's uncle is the author. Simply put, I loved it! Fun and thought provoking; it will keep you up late at night, unwilling to put it down for even just a couple of hours. For me, an avid epic fantasy reader (elves, swords,....you know the type), finding books outside of my genre that I really really enjoy are few in number and I am happy to include this as one. I love Lucy and I can't wait to see what she does next!
Maureen
Sorry for delay - computer broke down 3 weeks ago! Although this is definitely not the sort of book I would choose to read, having been given it, I read it and have to confess that I enjoyed it. The characters are so real and believable. I could see this book being made into a film. Please let me know when Vol 2 is available.
Misty
Aug 27, 2012 Misty rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: sci fi enthusiasts, tech geeks, lovers strong of characterization
Recommended to Misty by: Sara
It's easy to get caught up in the lives of others (both real and fictional), as it is to relate and identify with circumstances. Emrys' "Scarecrows" is a joy to read and emphasizes the consequences of our actions and feelings toward others. The story of the Humes is one we can all appreciate. Their quest for independence and freedom make us realize we still have so much to do as their human counterparts. What a great lesson in tolerance and humanity! I can't wait to see what happens next in Lucy...more
Dawn
Aug 20, 2012 Dawn rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Dawn by: my uncle
I loved it! I highly recommend for everyone. Sto visit Lucy'.s world inSCARECROWS A DANDY World
Martin Maenza
Martin Maenza marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Marketa Bentley
Marketa Bentley marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
Tim Thomas
Tim Thomas marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
the prince
the prince marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2013
Tess
Tess marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2013
Lura
Lura marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2013
Janet
Janet marked it as to-read
May 29, 2013
Ogechi Wosu
Ogechi Wosu marked it as to-read
May 29, 2013
Rachel Marie
Rachel Marie marked it as to-read
May 23, 2013
Anthelia  Amazes
Anthelia Amazes marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2013
Leesa
Leesa added it
Jan 23, 2013
Paddy O'callaghan
Paddy O'callaghan is currently reading it
Jan 20, 2013
Alan Clark
Alan Clark marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2012
Richele Scalzo
Richele Scalzo marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2012
Renee Rumfola
Renee Rumfola marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2012
Hafsa Bashir
Hafsa Bashir marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2012
Maggie
Maggie marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2012
Rix D.
Rix D. marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2012
  • Near + Far
  • Cruise of the Undead (Zombies in Paradise #1)
  • The Plectra Conspiracy
  • Dead Souls
  • The Miracle Inspector
  • The Timekeeper's Son (The Timekeepers, #1)
  • The Blue Kind
  • My Vacation in Hell
  • The Divinity of Dogs: True Stories of Miracles Inspired by Man's Best Friend
  • Mahogany Slade
  • Target Audience
  • The Twenty (Barronlands Trilogy, #1)
  • Shadows of Perception
  • Ink
  • This Green Hell (Alex Hunter, #3)
  • Robogenesis (Robopocalypse, #2)
  • Botanicaust
  • The Prince and the Program (The Mordred Saga, #1)
A natural born storyteller, author Jonathan Emrys has previously written for the Stage, Screen, and Periodicals. He is also an accomplished Poet, Writer of Short Fiction, and Short Filmmaker. "SCARECROWS: A DANDY World" marks his debut as a Science Fiction/Futurist Novelist.

Jonathan has worked as an IT Professional in the Aerospace Industry for over 16 years. He currently resides in the Greater Lo...more
More about Jonathan Emrys...
The Man In The Red Suit