Start by marking “Your First Year in Network Marketing: Overcome Your Fears, Experience Success, and Achieve Your Dreams!” as Want to Read:

4.12  ·  Rating Details  ·  597 Ratings  ·  51 Reviews
How to Keep the Dream Alive!
Network marketing is one of the fastest-growing career opportunities in the United States. Millions of people just like you have abandoned dead-end jobs for the chance to achieve the dream of growing their own businesses. What many of them find, however, is that the first year in network marketing is often the most challenging—and, for some, the
Published January 7th 1998 by Three Rivers Press

To ask other readers questions about Your First Year in Network Marketing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Your First Year in Network Marketing

Faith
Sep 05, 2007 Faith rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: people who wants freedom
Shelves: networking
I wish I read this book when I started my work with RELIV. It would have saved me a lot of heartaches and unnecessary disappointments.
Christina Schulz
Mar 28, 2010 Christina Schulz rated it it was amazing
If you're new to Network Marketing, I believe this book should be the cornerstone of your business. Hands down, a great system to follow from A-Z.
David Feinstein
Mar 07, 2009 David Feinstein rated it it was amazing
This book should be called "How To Become Brilliant on the basics" and subtitled "How To Unleash Your Potential in MLM." It sure did for me.

This book gives in depth guidance on how to avoid the pitfalls and mistakes most new networkers tend to make. If you are new to networking and are serious about it, this book will help you really understand what this industry is all about.

A good read for anyone exploring the Network Marketing Industry!
Kristina
Mar 09, 2011 Kristina rated it it was amazing
Loved it!! I wasn't even aware of all these big mistakes I have been making trying to build my downline. Definitely recommend this for everyone interested or in network marketing, even if you've been in the business for some time.
Jimp
May 27, 2012 Jimp rated it really liked it
This book is a must read for the new network marketer or even the seasoned one.
Reading this book could make the difference of you sticking with it or losing a fortune in what you could have had, namely a nice residual income for life.
David
Apr 02, 2008 David rated it it was amazing
This is possibly one of the best books I've read to prepare for network marketing. I read it after I've been in network marketing for 6 months. It was a life saver.
Jun 15, 2009 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Amazing for anyone who is thinking or has done a network marketing business...such amazing stories that we have all been through!!! so great!!!
Sandra
Jan 21, 2008 Sandra rated it it was ok
Shelves: leadership, mlm-books
Heard a lot about this book so I got it. Talks about getting and keeping your downline happy. MLM basic book.
Z
May 14, 2008 Z rated it really liked it
This is a must read for anyone interested, curious, or involved in Network Marketing!
Kyle
Oct 02, 2012 Kyle rated it it was amazing
Very good book for anyone planning on being in the network marketing business.
Ranjit Kumar
Oct 29, 2012 Ranjit Kumar is currently reading it
Guillermo
Dec 01, 2015 Guillermo rated it really liked it
OK, for Network Marketing one of the 2 "must read" books that I've read. It is very practical and also inspirational. Are you looking the "how to's"? Here you will find them.

This is a book I will definitely recommend to my collegues.
Bernard Bentley
Mar 03, 2014 Bernard Bentley rated it it was amazing
A must read for anyone currently in business or anyone who has a desire to go into business in the future. This book totally equips you to understand the highs and lows that are associated with owning your own business.
Steve Heckscher
Jul 18, 2015 Steve Heckscher rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's all about hope!

Anyone who wants to give meaning to the word optimism will find it all here. A good read for all who believe in entrepreneurs and want to succeed through persistence.
Mark
Feb 08, 2015 Mark rated it really liked it
Was very informative, gave me some insight into what I can expect from my first year in internet marketing, even though the book was written for network marketing niche, the advice is still applicable
Nadia
Nov 21, 2014 Nadia rated it it was ok
While it had positive stories, I felt like there were so many stories about people walking away from MLM. I bought this wondering if MLM was for me and now this book has left me with even more questions.
Michael
May 12, 2014 Michael rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business, 2014
Full of useful and practical information that is not typically discussed, presented by a highly successful network professional. The principles are the same today, though some of the technology is outdated.
IAM_ALICIAMARIA
This book is an excellent read for individuals interested in network marketing. The author gives insight about the in's and out network marketing. As an individual that has dibbled and dabbled in the industry, I lacked a blueprint. Mr. Yarnell gives detailed and insightful experience that will help any network marketing professional.
Sunshine
Mar 03, 2014 Sunshine rated it it was amazing
Wish I had this book at the BEGINNING of my first year of MLM, and not at the end! But now I know, and how to OVERCOME!
Joleen
Mar 26, 2014 Joleen rated it it was amazing
Network marketing is like a school in itself and this is the required read and textbook.
Mau Vargas
Mar 02, 2014 Mau Vargas rated it really liked it
A must read book full of tips in order to start a great organization on MLM.
Mathias Luz
Oct 10, 2014 Mathias Luz rated it really liked it
Lots of traps and tips one can get from this book when it comes down to MLM business!
Highly recommended!
Bright Oppong
Mar 07, 2014 Bright Oppong rated it it was amazing
Amazing book, i recommend it for anyone involve in network marketing
Josh Rankin
Jan 03, 2014 Josh Rankin rated it really liked it
This was the book that I picked out of the crowd not long after I started in the industry. I love the authors fresh and entertaining writing style. After 4 years my fiancé and I are top 100 earners in a leading company in the industry, and I would say that speaks volumes for this book. Should be required reading for every new recruit.
Rachael Cochlin
Jun 04, 2015 Rachael Cochlin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic tool for someone starting out in network marketing and a great read.
Ashley
May 27, 2016 Ashley is currently reading it
#
NC
Own in paperback.

FS: "As a business reporter and self-help writer, I have been researching and writing about the network marketing industry for eight years."

LS: "We are incurable optimists, and you can rest assured that you haven't heard the last from us...because, as we all know, Your First Year of Network Marketing is only the beginning."
Paula
Jan 02, 2014 Paula rated it really liked it
I needed to read this book for a challenge I'm participating in, and I kept putting it off and reading others in the challenge instead. The title looked boring, the cover looked boring...but it wasn't. I actually was pleasantly surprised and picked up a lot of good information from this book. Yay!
Stacy
Jan 19, 2009 Stacy rated it really liked it
This book was very helpful as I start up my new MonaVie business! The only complaint that I had was that some of the examples were a bit lengthy or redundant for the point that was being made. Overall, though, I learned so much that it was worth the small amount of time I invested in reading it!
Melanie Harper rojas
Feb 02, 2013 Melanie Harper rojas rated it really liked it
This book was very useful and gave clarity on why certain things happen in this industry. The only draw back was there was a lot of discussion about selling products and i work with services. i definately recommend this book for new network marketers
Bradley
Jul 09, 2010 Bradley rated it did not like it
Yucky. Boy did I make a mistake when I picked this book up. It might as well read Amway Recruiting Manual. I tried Amway but it was not for me. Writing fantasy stories is more my cup of tea. Avoid this one if you can. =)
  • The Greatest Networker in the World: The story that has changed the lives of millions Now it can change yours!
  • Beach Money: Creating Your Dream Life Through Network Marketing
  • Be a Recruiting Superstar: The Fast Track to Network Marketing Millions
  • The 45 Second Presentation That Will Change Your Life
  • The Ultimate Guide to Network Marketing
  • How to Build a Multi-Level Marketing Machine
  • Go Pro - 7 Steps to Becoming a Network Marketing Professional
  • Building Your Network Marketing Business
  • The Flip Flop CEO
  • The New Wellness Revolution: How to Make a Fortune in the Next Trillion Dollar Industry
  • Being the Best You Can Be in MLM: How to Train Your Way to the Top in Multi-Level - Network Marketing
  • The Four Year Career: How to make your dreams of fun and financial freedom come true or not
  • The Business of the 21st Century
  • Maxwell 3-in1 Special Edition: The Winning Attitude,Developing the Leaders Around You,Becoming a Person of Influence
  • The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Network Marketing Professionals
  • Network Marketing for Dummies.
  • Rock Your Network Marketing Business: How to Become a Network Marketing Rock Star
  • Dare to Dream and Work to Win: Understanding Dollars and Sense of Success in Network Marketing

“Remember this law of balance: Increase the number of approaches and decrease the impact of rejection. Susan” 0 likes
“Success comes to people with leadership skills, a sound vision, enthusiasm, and the willingness to put forth the effort to build an organization and find others who will do the same.” 0 likes