Start by marking “At Home for the Holidays” as Want to Read:
At Home for the Holidays

At Home for the Holidays (SAHM #2)

Sitting by the fireside, humming carols and knitting mittens...not! For these stay-at-home moms, the weeks before Christmas are anything but mellow. How can you balance housework, home crises and the husband without losing your mind? Plug in your laptop! Meet Dulcie, Zelia, Jocelyn, Rosalyn, Veronica and the rest of the women of SAHM I Am. An e-mail loop of stay-at-home ...more
Published November 1st 2006 by Steeple Hill

To ask other readers questions about At Home for the Holidays, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about At Home for the Holidays

Katie
Mar 08, 2009 Katie rated it really liked it
Good. Throughout this book, I realized that the SAHM and the working parent do not understand each other. It caused me to examine my own relationship and see it from my husband's perspective. I read this book first (before the first in the series)and I think that it is actually better than the other. I typically don't read this type of book (it's in the 'faith-based' section, but only one or two characters discuss their faith). It's more of a 'chick-lit' book.
Margaret
Mar 20, 2016 Margaret rated it liked it
I didn't read the prequel SAHM I AM, but this was a continuatin of that book and is done completely in Email format. It was difficult to keep up with the various "senders" so I eventually gave up and just read the emails and soon I began to identify each character with each group.

SAHM I AM is a group of stay at home moms who communicate about their struggles and concerns, venting and seeking advice from each other on topics such as parenting and handling the role of parent, wife, social coordina
Sara
Dec 13, 2013 Sara rated it it was amazing
Picked this up from the holiday display at my library and it was a fun Christmas read :) At first I was worried it would be too conservative and irritating because the first woman's email had a Proverbs 31 quote in the signature - a passage I only know from this blog: http://stayathomedaughter.com/2012/01... Then I quickly learned that the rest of the women in the email loop also think said first women is too conservative (and judgmental) and the book was jolly fun from then on. There were 8 mai ...more
Kellie
Jun 16, 2012 Kellie rated it really liked it
Another enjoyable read about the SAHMs. However, I got really tired of Veronica's Texas "accent" and Rosalyn's being so high and mighty all the time, thinking she's better than everyone else. I'm glad she chilled out a bit toward the end. I'm hoping with the addition of Tom and Flynn as SAHDs to the group, that they will be included in the next book.

I didn't figure out Zelia's game, and it drove me crazy. I got her hints, but don't know all the lyrics and didn't want to look them all up. I'm gla
Jessica
Jul 22, 2012 Jessica rated it really liked it

A good continuation of the series. I like (most of) the characters and their individual stories. I also like the community they have that supports, defends, argues, and befriends people in the same situations.
Ashlei
Jan 15, 2015 Ashlei rated it liked it
I couldn't finish this book. It seems like a good concept, the whole book is various emails, but it reads choppy and uneven. There is no depth to the characters. All you see of them is what they type. I got about 100 pages in and decided I can't be bothered to finish this book.
Becki
Feb 11, 2015 Becki added it
Shelves: book-collector
Includes 'Questions for \n\nDefinitely a fluff book. It was a good book for subbing yesterday, though, because the email format gives you a lot of little spots to stop at to redirect the students on their task.
Terri
Oct 30, 2013 Terri rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I just was not that crazy about this book...I was looking forward to a Christmas story and this was more about adoption and working parents...Christmas came and went so fast in the book that it didn't provide me with any Christmas spirit. I did like the first book better. just MHO
Sep 12, 2014 Melissa rated it really liked it
Continuation of SAHM I Am. Good, love the e-mail format but not as spiritually moving as the first book.
Danni
Nov 25, 2012 Danni rated it really liked it
This book was so funny. It is about women who stay in their homes who form a e-mail group. Some of their mishaps are amazing.
Andrea
Dec 06, 2014 Andrea rated it liked it
Liked this a bit more than her previous one. Easier to follow all the characters...and a good read as we get closer and closer to Christmas.
Stacy
Stacy rated it liked it
Nov 10, 2011
Erin
Erin rated it it was ok
Jun 27, 2012
Megan
Megan rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2015
Monica
Monica rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2008
Liberty
Liberty rated it liked it
Nov 02, 2012
Kelly
Kelly rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2008
Pattie
Pattie rated it really liked it
May 02, 2010
Angela
Angela rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2012
Sarah rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2009
Angie
Angie rated it really liked it
Nov 25, 2015
Brenda
Brenda rated it really liked it
Mar 12, 2013
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was ok
Jul 12, 2008
Brittney
Brittney rated it liked it
Sep 08, 2008
Daphne Wigger
Daphne Wigger rated it really liked it
Dec 16, 2009
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2011
Melissa
Melissa rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2009
Amanda
Jul 08, 2008 Amanda rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Christian women
Fun, light, quick Christian chick-lit.
Kristine
Kristine rated it liked it
Aug 08, 2010
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • The Baby Chronicles
  • Mary Engelbreit's A Merry Little Christmas: Celebrate from A to Z
  • Christmas Stories
  • Finding Hollywood Nobody (Hollywood Nobody, #2)
  • The Fruit of My Lipstick (All About Us, #2)
  • A Very Marley Christmas
  • Russell's Christmas Magic
  • Back to Life (Trophy Wives Club, #2)
  • Front Porch Princess
  • Engaging Father Christmas (Father Christmas, #2)
  • Dreaming in Technicolor (Phoebe Grant, #2)
  • Papa's Daughter (The Franzons, #2)
  • You Had Me at Good-bye (Drama Queen #2)
  • Eve's Christmas
  • Nowhere, Carolina (Southern Discomfort #2)
  • Holly Claus: The Christmas Princess
  • Everything's Coming Up Josey (Josey, #1)

SAHM (3 books)