Start by marking “55 Successful Harvard Law School Application Essays: What Worked for Them Can Help You Get Into the Law School of Your Choice” as Want to Read:

Separate yourself from the pack

Competition has never been more intense for admittance into the nation's top law schools. The application essay represents your only chance to plea your case to admissions officers. Why select you over so many other qualified applicants?

Your essay needs to do more than simply list your background and accomplishments. It must reveal the depth
Published June 26th 2007 by St. Martin's Griffin

Be the first to ask a question about 55 Successful Harvard Law School Application Essays

Cheryl
Nov 08, 2015 Cheryl rated it it was amazing
Great to gather ideas and helped me formulate my own personal statement. I had already drafted my PS prior to reading this and it was great to see I was on the right track in terms of format.
Haghia lubis
Jun 21, 2009 Haghia lubis rated it it was amazing
I couldn't say whether this book is marvellous or not; but for what I know, this book works. I got in, so I guess my essay, which I made with the help of this book plays a lot in getting me in.
Page Garbee
Aug 02, 2016 Page Garbee rated it did not like it
A relatively useless book for those seeking help with their own personal statements. It is clear that the only criteria used for selection was whether or not the applicant was admitted, with no consideration to the actual skill of the writer. Many essays contain grammatical errors and violate basic personal statement rules such as "don't summarize your resume" and "don't write someone else's story." To make matters worse, a critique of each essay is offered by staff of the Harvard Crimson rather ...more
Kelsey
Feb 15, 2011 Kelsey rated it liked it
Recommends it for: anyone who is applying to law school or grad school in general
Helpful, but made me feel like I really haven't accomplished much in my lifetime... Some of these essays are by individuals who have traveled the entire world/started their own company/know seven languages/invented some genius contraption. I feel a little inadequate.
Nathan
Jul 08, 2010 Nathan rated it liked it
This was somewhat helpful as I tried to come up with a theme for my personal statement. It groups essays into popular themes that admissions offices like to see. Unfortunately, very few of the themes resonated with me and so it ended up being a little frustrating.
SallyStenger
This book consists of several short essays by students who applied to Harvard Law School. Each essay is about two pages long and is followed by a short critique by someone from the school newspaper. The essays are sorted by category. I found the book interesting and easy to read.
Alexandra Patterson
Alexandra Patterson rated it it was amazing
Feb 25, 2016
Nicole
Nicole rated it liked it
Oct 08, 2009
Алина
Алина rated it it was amazing
Apr 15, 2013
Sam
Sam rated it liked it
Sep 15, 2011
Santiago Girl
Santiago Girl rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2013
Shanna Hullaby
Shanna Hullaby rated it really liked it
Jun 01, 2016
Davius Becton
Davius Becton rated it really liked it
Feb 13, 2016
Chavala Trigg
Chavala Trigg rated it liked it
Jul 25, 2012
Gabriel Acosta García
Gabriel Acosta García rated it it was amazing
Apr 24, 2016
Conal Cochran
Conal Cochran rated it liked it
May 16, 2012
Emily Rebecca
Emily Rebecca rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2015
Nathaniel Spinney
Nathaniel Spinney rated it liked it
Apr 01, 2012
Swarchaa Kataria
Swarchaa Kataria rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2016
Megan Magaldino
Megan Magaldino rated it liked it
Feb 18, 2008
Jac Steve
Jac Steve rated it really liked it
Oct 15, 2015
Derek Kunhee
Derek Kunhee rated it liked it
Aug 10, 2016
Alexander Gonzalez
Alexander Gonzalez rated it it was amazing
Aug 11, 2015
Chad
Chad rated it it was ok
Aug 12, 2014
Jonathan Schneider
Jonathan Schneider rated it really liked it
Sep 28, 2014
Kate
Kate rated it liked it
Sep 13, 2015
Kyaw Khant
For study Law school.
Craig Portis
Craig Portis rated it really liked it
Dec 06, 2014
Andrea Farinas
Andrea Farinas rated it liked it
Nov 29, 2015
Jory Cook
Jory Cook rated it did not like it
Jul 19, 2008