Start by marking “The Blackmail Pregnancy (Modern Romance)” as Want to Read:
The Blackmail Pregnancy (Modern Romance)

The Blackmail Pregnancy (Modern Romance)

Millionaire tycoon Byron Rockcliffe storms back into Cara's life, even though their marriage is long finished. Knowing that Cara's design business is on the verge of collapse, Byron offers to save her from financial ruin by giving her the contract of a lifetime. Although he says his proposal comes with no strings, there's a catch: he's not just looking for an interior desi

Paperback
Published June 2004

To ask other readers questions about The Blackmail Pregnancy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Blackmail Pregnancy

StMargarets
I got this used, as a print copy. A previous owner had written, in the kind of copperplate handwriting no one under 60 knows how do anymore, "good after awhile." I think that is my verdict as well.

The beginning starts slow, with very little clear motivation on either H/h's part. They have been divorced with no contact for seven years. They were only married 4 months. But the hero wants her to have his baby in exchange for bailing out her ailing interior decorating company. None of his reasons m
Erin ☕ *Proud Book Hoarder*
Some of the story didn't really make sense, and the beginning wasn't that good, but I dug the hero of the story. Mainly it's told through the heroines eyes but sometimes the author jumps into his head instead. I'm glad she keeps it rare. His personality made the book enjoyable - there wasn't humor or much steaminess really, it's short and sweet, and the very ending needed a few more pages of resolution to work more solidly - but overall a good, if slightly melodramatic, harlequin. I'm curious if ...more
Det
One of THE worst "romance" novels I've ever read. And here are my reasons why:

- the female lead left her husband on assumptions that he is having an affair with his childhood female friend. i mean she literally packed up her bags and left him with no explanations. i mean you can't fault the guy for being angry at her, if you are going to leave the poor guy at least give him your reasons so that he can at least defend himself with your pointless accussations.
- the female lead kept insisting that
Kiki
Heroine is a bitch. Not question asked.
But he claims she's THE one and he has never stopped loving her over the seven years, then what was he doing with other women? Keeping the dick in shape? She left him without a word, I'd have been fine with him not staying celibate, makes total sense. In that case: DO. NOT. CLAIM. YOU. HAVE. ALWAYS. LOVED. HER. Clearly you didn't.
Pam
Sep 23, 2007 Pam rated it really liked it
TITLE/AUTHOR: THE BLACKMAIL PREGNANCY by Melanie Milburne
RATING: 4/B
GENRE/# OF PGS/PUB DATE: Romance, 187, 2005
TIME/PLACE: Present, Sydney, AU
CHARACTERS: Cara Rockliffe/interior designer; Byron Rockcliffe/RE Developer
COMMENTS: Sweet story -- reunited lovers. After 7 yrs Byron seeks out his x-wife. He offers to save her from losing her business if she will consider a relationship w/ him.
Rexanne
Oct 14, 2015 Rexanne rated it it was ok
Meh. Not that good, but not that bad either. Meh.
Suzanne
Oct 20, 2016 Suzanne rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I disliked the heroine immensely.
Booklover
It was a very good read,Byron-Cara meet and get married soon and after marriage the real trouble starts,Byron belongs to a happy close knit family where in they are always into each other teasing smiling laughing nothing is private each one knows every little single thing about the other and Cara she was an only child of to her parents and her father died when she was born and her mother blames her for it infact she makes it very clear she hates her and keeps saying negative thinks and always bl ...more
Cherise
Feb 21, 2014 Cherise rated it liked it
Shelves: harlequin
Gaby
Mar 27, 2016 Gaby rated it really liked it
I got into the story very quickly and finished it in a few hours. Comparing to other Harlquin's, this has to be one of my favourites. I really liked the hero. The heroine was a bit too stubborn but that made it all the more fun.
Shanelle
Nov 30, 2013 Shanelle rated it really liked it
Excellent story. A bit sad and the heroine could do with a bit of therapy to deal with all her rejection issues, but in that sense it's real. We are often our own worst enemies when in comes to finding happiness, especially when we don't appreciate what we have. Really enjoyed it.
Tia
Nov 14, 2012 Tia rated it really liked it
This novel was so sad emotionally. I mean I was in tears with all the angst and loss. It was absolutely horrible and heartbreaking at times to read. I wish the ending was a bit better as well. It ended good but abrupt, you never saw what happened to Megan or anything else.
Asrina Maharani
Aug 12, 2013 Asrina Maharani rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: english, ebook, harlequin
If you looking for a strong female character, don't read this book! But if you want to know how it would be inside the brain of insecure woman, pack your tissue (a lot of it). It'll take you to the ride to the bottom of despair.
Asteropê
Couldn't get into it. Couldn't finish it. Didn't like it.
This is the first Presents I haven't finished.
Jenny
Oct 10, 2015 Jenny rated it did not like it
omg what a hateful evil heroine. she hated herself, her husband, her husband's family pretty much everyone....
L H
Mar 16, 2015 L H rated it it was ok
This isn't really a romance. It is more of a drama centered around insecurities and psychological issues of the heroin which 95% of the book. I really couldn't find the Romance in this story
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
Alba and Her Secrets..♥ rated it really liked it
Sep 02, 2013
Bee
Bee rated it liked it
Nov 14, 2015
Jwad
Jwad rated it it was amazing
Sep 20, 2012
Ulrika
Ulrika rated it it was ok
Sep 19, 2012
Isabel Gzm
Isabel Gzm rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2016
Sabine
Sabine rated it really liked it
Nov 04, 2013
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2013
Sandra R
Sandra R rated it liked it
Oct 04, 2013
Shanika Jayasekara
Shanika Jayasekara rated it it was ok
Feb 09, 2016
Anya
Anya rated it it was ok
Mar 04, 2015
BookJunky
BookJunky rated it did not like it
Feb 07, 2012
Kelly
Kelly rated it did not like it
Oct 21, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Millionaire's Marriage
  • Marriage by Necessity (Bravo Family, #2) (Conveniently Yours, #2)
  • House of Mirrors
  • An Offer She Can't Refuse
  • Millionaire's Wedding Revenge (The Garrisons, #3)
  • Marriage: For Business or Pleasure?
  • Not Forgiven, Never Forgotten
  • Reclaiming His Pregnant Widow
  • Revealed: His Secret Child (The Takeover, #3)
  • Except My Love
  • Surrender to the Past
  • Pregnancy of Revenge
  • The Doubtful Marriage (The Best Of Betty Neels)
  • The Sicilian's Christmas Bride
  • Pregnant by the Greek Tycoon
  • Pernikahan Pura-Pura (A Mediterranean Marriage #5)
  • Do You Take This Rebel? (The Calamity Janes, #1)
  • The Italian's Pregnant Mistress
I grew up on a small farm on the outskirts of Sydney and as a keen horse rider, often competed in local gymkhanas and even broke in a few horses from time to time. As I was surrounded by animals, I decided at an early age to become a nurse, however I couldn’t stand the sight of blood and so opted for a career in teaching. It’s a bit ironic that I married a surgeon.

I read my first Mills & Boon
More about Melanie Milburne...