Start by marking “The Blackmail Pregnancy (Modern Romance)” as Want to Read:
The Blackmail Pregnancy (Modern Romance)

The Blackmail Pregnancy (Modern Romance)

3.21 of 5 stars 3.21  ·  rating details  ·  112 ratings  ·  11 reviews

Millionaire tycoon Byron Rockcliffe storms back into Cara's life, even though their marriage is long finished. Knowing that Cara's design business is on the verge of collapse, Byron offers to save her from financial ruin by giving her the contract of a lifetime. Although he says his proposal comes with no strings, there's a catch: he's not just looking for an interior desi

Paperback
Published June 2004

To ask other readers questions about The Blackmail Pregnancy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Blackmail Pregnancy

Det
One of THE worst "romance" novels I've ever read. And here are my reasons why:

- the female lead left her husband on assumptions that he is having an affair with his childhood female friend. i mean she literally packed up her bags and left him with no explanations. i mean you can't fault the guy for being angry at her, if you are going to leave the poor guy at least give him your reasons so that he can at least defend himself with your pointless accussations.
- the female lead kept insisting that
Erin (Series Addict)
Some of the story didn't really make sense, and the beginning wasn't that good, but I dug the hero of the story. Mainly it's told through the heroines eyes but sometimes the author jumps into his head instead. I'm glad she keeps it rare. His personality made the book enjoyable - there wasn't humor or much steaminess really, it's short and sweet, and the very ending needed a few more pages of resolution to work more solidly - but overall a good, if slightly melodramatic, harlequin. I'm curious if ...more
Booklover
It was a very good read,Byron-Cara meet and get married soon and after marriage the real trouble starts,Byron belongs to a happy close knit family where in they are always into each other teasing smiling laughing nothing is private each one knows every little single thing about the other and Cara she was an only child of to her parents and her father died when she was born and her mother blames her for it infact she makes it very clear she hates her and keeps saying negative thinks and always bl ...more
Cherise
Pam
TITLE/AUTHOR: THE BLACKMAIL PREGNANCY by Melanie Milburne
RATING: 4/B
GENRE/# OF PGS/PUB DATE: Romance, 187, 2005
TIME/PLACE: Present, Sydney, AU
CHARACTERS: Cara Rockliffe/interior designer; Byron Rockcliffe/RE Developer
COMMENTS: Sweet story -- reunited lovers. After 7 yrs Byron seeks out his x-wife. He offers to save her from losing her business if she will consider a relationship w/ him.
L H
This isn't really a romance. It is more of a drama centered around insecurities and psychological issues of the heroin which 95% of the book. I really couldn't find the Romance in this story
Tigger
Read this book under it's original cover!

Great read!

Shanelle
Excellent story. A bit sad and the heroine could do with a bit of therapy to deal with all her rejection issues, but in that sense it's real. We are often our own worst enemies when in comes to finding happiness, especially when we don't appreciate what we have. Really enjoyed it.
Tia
This novel was so sad emotionally. I mean I was in tears with all the angst and loss. It was absolutely horrible and heartbreaking at times to read. I wish the ending was a bit better as well. It ended good but abrupt, you never saw what happened to Megan or anything else.
Asrina Maharani
If you looking for a strong female character, don't read this book! But if you want to know how it would be inside the brain of insecure woman, pack your tissue (a lot of it). It'll take you to the ride to the bottom of despair.
Asteropê
Couldn't get into it. Couldn't finish it. Didn't like it.
This is the first Presents I haven't finished.
Hexe
Hexe marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
Lindsay Brittain
Lindsay Brittain marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
Jehan Mae
Jehan Mae marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2015
Priti
Priti added it
Mar 09, 2015
Onyx
Onyx is currently reading it
Mar 08, 2015
Joyce David
Joyce David marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Posey1978
Posey1978 marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2015
Daisy
Daisy added it
Feb 26, 2015
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Ender Wrangler
Ender Wrangler marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
  • The Millionaire's Marriage
  • An Offer She Can't Refuse
  • The Sicilian's Christmas Bride
  • Millionaire's Wedding Revenge (The Garrisons, #3) (Silhouette Desire, #1819)
  • Not Forgiven, Never Forgotten
  • Revealed: His Secret Child (The Takeover #3)
  • Pregnant by the Greek Tycoon
  • Surrender to the Past
  • Except My Love
  • His Unknown Heir
  • The Italian's Pregnant Mistress
  • The Nine-Month Marriage (Bravo Family, #1) (Conveniently Yours, #1)
  • Reclaiming His Pregnant Widow
  • Pregnancy of Revenge
  • Do You Take This Rebel? (The Calamity Janes, #1)
  • Pernikahan Pura-Pura (A Mediterranean Marriage #5)
  • The Italian's Revenge
  • Public Wife, Private Mistress (Italian Husbands)
I grew up on a small farm on the outskirts of Sydney and as a keen horse rider, often competed in local gymkhanas and even broke in a few horses from time to time. As I was surrounded by animals, I decided at an early age to become a nurse, however I couldn’t stand the sight of blood and so opted for a career in teaching. It’s a bit ironic that I married a surgeon.

I read my first Mills & Boon
More about Melanie Milburne...
Scandal: Unclaimed Love-Child Deserving of His Diamonds? One Last Night The Wedding Charade Innocent Wife, Baby of Shame