Laws Of Attraction (Marriage & Mayhem!, #1)

Laws Of Attraction (Marriage & Mayhem! #1)

4.32 of 5 stars 4.32  ·  rating details  ·  56 ratings  ·  18 reviews
He could die protecting his unintended bride...

They're a perfect pair, both tough, wary, and the walking wounded. When their quests for vengeance collide, Undercover DEA Agent Dallas McQuade and Mia Linden, a disbarred lawyer whose personal life has been destroyed by drug lord Esteban Montoya, are forced into a reluctant partnership—and a quickie Las Vegas wedding.

Dallas v...more
ebook
Published May 25th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Laws Of Attraction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Laws Of Attraction

Michele ~ la Smoocherina
I thought this was a very enjoyable read. Liked the hero, and Alpha who took care of business but had a tender side as well. The heroine is a spit fire and the two have a lot of sexual chemistry.

Oh! I totally forgot! They get married at Cupid's Wedding Chapel in Vegas and so did I!
Carisa
This was a very entertaining story, the action plot was good. Some parts felt rushed but I loved author’s voice and the hero was great.
HERO is a Warrior, working undercover to get near the people responsible for his sister’s death, when he meets a woman who lost her job and is still threatened by the same people. Only that that woman turns out to be very brave, very unpredictable, set on taking revenge on her own hands, tugging at his overprotective heart.
SCENES/CONTENT: few/hot
GENRE/TONE: conte...more
Cindy ~ SnS Reviews
With a Diana Duncan book you know you are going to get lots of humor and smexy characters and this one didn't disappoint.

The main characters Mia Linden and Dallas McQuade have alot of emotional baggage that they've tried to bury to bring down the one man they both hold responsible for alot of there pain.

When Mia accidentally crashes into a meeting she was secretly listening to the only way Dallas can think of to save her is to say that she is his fiance not knowing that the alleged drug cartel...more
Guilty Pleasures
DiDi's review posted on Guilty Pleasures

4.5 Stars

LAWS OF ATTRACTION is an emotional action packed thrill ride full of steamy smexin’ and laugh out loud moments.

Dallas and Mia are both hiding hurts from their past and determined not to fall for each other. Neither trust easily, but their chemistry is off the charts and they can’t fight it. I would love to have a sweet, sexy, alpha man like Dallas. Mia has a goal and she won’t stop until she achieves it. She is a no holds barred heroine who is qui...more
Melody Cox
Undercover DEA Agent Dallas McQuade has been deep undercover for many years infiltrating drug lord Esteban Montoya and his family. He will do whatever it takes to keep his cover safe...even temporarily marrying the woman who could blow it to bits.

Mia Linden, a disbarred lawyer whose personal and professional life has been destroyed by drug lord Esteban Montoya, and falls right into Dallas McQuade's lap...literally. In order to protect her he claims she is his jealous fiancee and she further comp...more
Renee
A thoroughly delightful, as well as hot and steamy romance -- better than the average bear. Duncan invests her characters and plots with real-life issues and problems and makes the characters more rounded than the genre requires. Mia is a lawyer who has been framed and disgraced (she's also carrying the baggage of severe childhood physical abuse). Dallas is an ultra-competent security expert working to bring down his employer's network of crime and drugs. Their paths collide when Mia rescues Dal...more
Meg Fielding
Dallas McQuade, hot Texan security chief and Mia Linden, personally driven attorney, find themselves on a collision course as they both seek to bring down a dangerous drug king-pin. Although they loath the thought of working together, circumstances compel them to join forces. When Mia's reckless attempt to gather proof of Esteban Montoya's guilt puts her life in grave danger, Dallas maneuvers her into marriage in order to save her life. And then things REALLY get interesting.
I immediately fell f...more
Brenda
And for Mia's first good deed of stopping and helping Dallas ,injured on the side of the road(which in real life never do, call 911!) , she was rewarded with something worth more than all the gold in Fort Knox. Logic would dictate both Dallas and Mia acting differently than they do in this story but since when has love always been logical? Esteban's love for his child costs him everything but Dallas and Mia's growing love for each other gets them the best ending of all. Pick it up and you won't...more
Polly
If you have never read Diana Duncan, this is a wonderful example of her great writing.
Laws of Attraction has it all! And wonderful cowboy of a hunkin hero who is as sensitive as he is handsome. Our heroine is a spunky spitfire of a gal who jumps into trouble with both eyes open.
This not only is a great love story, but it's suspenseful and keeps you on your toes.
Ms. Duncan is a writer who wraps you up in her very well written stories with passion, suspense all iced over with laughter. All of her...more
Lhenry
I will be looking for more by this author, especially the upcoming one excerpted in the Kindle version of Laws of Attraction. This was also a 5 star and I only left off the last star because I would have liked a little more detail about what happened to Dallas's sister. It's not that I needed to wallow in it, but his explanation seemed a little rushed to me. But otherwise I loved this - it was q nice roller coaster ride and maybe I am obtuse, but the twists at the end did catch me by surprise. I...more
Krystal Shannan
Read in two days, only because I fell asleep at 1:30am and couldn't keep reading, LOL. Fabulous characters. Great sense of humor on both sides. Diana Duncan never fails to deliver a gripping love story and heartfelt characters. I love a story where both characters have a past and issues they must overcome to find their Happily Ever After. If you love witty characters, kick butt heroines, dangerously hot heroes, and one hell of an adventure, you won't be disappointed.
Angela
LOVED it!! Ms. Diana has quickly risen to one of my favorite top auto-buy authors. I found her this year and have quickly devoured everything she's written. I love her writing style, her quirky but lovable characters. Dallas is to die for in this book. OMG... so hot and yet so caring. And Mia, though hurt and suffering is so very strong. Love these characters!

Can't wait for Zane's story!!
Wendy
Dallas is a sexy security specialist and Mia is an attorney. Both are carrying around the past and the chemistry brings them together in this book, as they both go after a known drug cartel. If you read anything by Diana Duncan, then you know she brought sexy back and humor in her books. The character reminds me of rayon off of Justified. But she wrote it before it came out. Awesome read.
Sheryl
Well done Ms. Duncan!!! Just the way i like my romantic suspence; served with a big ol' dash of sexual tension!!! Really enjoyed Dallas and Mia. And can i just say i am totally stoked for Zane's story next!!! Hope it comes out soon!!!
Sharon
Loved this book! Dallas and Mia were wonderful characters and I love thriller/romance stories. Ms. Duncan never disappoints, and I can't wait for this series to continue with Big Bad Wolfe.
Hayden Braeburn
I knew I shouldn't have started this book so late, but I couldn't help myself. So, yeah, I ended up not going to bed until...um... 4:30am when I had finally finished.

Ani
Ani marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Ben
Ben marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Hina
Hina marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Brandi Shaffer
Brandi Shaffer marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
Sahar
Sahar marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
When her dreams of becoming a ballerina were quashed by early-onset klutziness, Diana Duncan took up the safer vocation of writing. Her first thrilling masterpiece—written in orange crayon—was titled “Perky the Kitten,” and became an instant bestseller with her grandparents.

Her childhood growing up as a military brat gave her ability to leap into a conversation with anyone, anywhere, anytime…and...more
More about Diana Duncan...
Sword of the Raven Deal with the Devil (Devilish Devlins, #1) Devil May Care (Devilish Devlins, #2) Lethal Attraction Midnight Hero (Silhouette Intimate Moments, #1359)