Start by marking “All He Ever Needed (Kowalski Family, #4)” as Want to Read:
All He Ever Needed (Kowalski Family, #4)

All He Ever Needed (Kowalski Family #4)

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  4,047 ratings  ·  273 reviews
He won’t stay put for a woman, and she won’t chase after any man…

Mitch Kowalski lives out of a suitcase—and he likes it that way. Traveling for work has the added bonus of scaring off women who would otherwise try to tie him down. But when he’s called home to help with the family lodge, he’s intrigued by the new girl in town and her insistence that she doesn’t need a man....more
Published September 10th 2012 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about All He Ever Needed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All He Ever Needed

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine...

I'll just start by saying that I am totally in love with this series! Funny, sweet, sexy, romantic… the Kowalski Family books have everything I look for in my contemporary romance reads and with All He Ever Needed I got all I ever needed, and more. It’s heartwarming, touching, poignant, hopeful... a truly charming, feel good story.
Born to Roam...

He won’t stay put for a woman, and she won’t chase after any man…

Lisa Kay
Paige’s trailer isn’t quite this small, but I thought this was adorable.
[image error]
★★★★✩ (This is a review of the audiobook.) Renee Werbowski is a new to me narrator who I certainly won’t shy away from in the future. She does a nice job of this forth installment of the Kowalski Family series. There aren’t a lot of different characters, or accents, or high emotions to convey; however, I liked her voice and pacing.

This is a sweet story about two average people, but it isn't so unbearably sweet t...more
Kindle Gal
Oh, Mitch… You are one charming S.O.B.

Book 4 of the Kowalski series is Mitch’s story, who we briefly met in Yours to Keep (he’s Sean’s oldest brother and cousin to Joe and Kevin). Mitch is back home in the small town of Whitford, Maine to lend a helping hand while his younger brother Josh, who runs the family lodge, recovers from a leg injury. Mitch doesn’t come home often. In fact, it’s been years since he last stepped foot in Whitford. Chalk it up to small-town-itis. Mitch feels claustrophobic...more
Jaci Burton
I'm a huge fan of Shannon's Kowalski series, and this one is right up there with my favorites. Mitch and Paige couldn't be more wrong for each other, though they engage in some hot fun, both of them determined to walk away at the end of Mitch's home visit. But two people who are determined not to get involved couldn't be more right for each other. Engaging characters, a wonderful romance and a town filled with secondary characters you want to know more about. And of course, more Kowalskis you ca...more
Maggie
As you may have noticed, I've been mainlining Susan Elizabeth Phillips like some crazed smut fiend all summer. Ironically, I started them to fill the time before the next Shannon Stacey book came out. I LOVED the first 3 Kowalski books (Kevin Kowalski, you had me at hello). When I found out Mitch's book was coming out, I preordered it and and even took a nap (a nap!) yesterday so I'd be nice and rested when the book apparated on my Kindle around midnight.

Like the other Kowalski boys, Mitch Kowa...more
♡Karlyn P♡
Oct 17, 2012 ♡Karlyn P♡ added it
Shelves: dnf
DNF. I tried to pick this back up a couple of times, but just wasn't feeling it between H/h. I made it halfway. It has the makings of a good series (despite being book 4, this book introduces a new town with new characters for future books), but there was so much setup which dragged the first-half down.
Holly
I've been curious about this branch of the Kowalski clan since the beginning of the series. I'm glad Stacey is writing them now.

As I've said before, I think Stacey does humor and wit very well. I know going into one of her books I'm going to be entertained and immersed in the story. I wasn't disappointed. The banter between Mitch and Paige was flirty and fun, as was the overall tone of their dealings with each other. There was quite a bit of depth, too, in the way they slowly opened up to each...more
Jae
I am so excited for Mitch.

That was me all tingly and zestful about Mitch the oldest Kowalski. From book #3 we have learned that he was quite the ladies man who enjoyed no-string meaningless sex very much. So I was very anxious about his HEA because I've always enjoyed the befallen of a bad boy.

About 20% into the book, I was giddy no more. Mitch's POVs about how he liked his women close-enough-to-touch-but-never-too-closely-to-cuddle-afterwards just didn't sit well with me. I sure was not too ex...more
Anna's Herding Cats!
Originally Posted for Herding Cats & Burning Soup

As much as I love the Kowalski's this one really just didn't work for me. From the lack of character development to the "romance", depressing secondary storylines to the glaring absence of the slightly insane family dynamic you can't help but love and wish you were a part of. It all lacked Stacey's usual humor and sweetness and what makes reading one of her books such an emotionally wonderful and satisfying experience.

Paige and Mitch were dece...more
Amanda

Ok, so here's the deal. I LOVE Shannon Stacey. But this book just didn't work for me. I have to say the second half was MILES better than the beginning. I got sick of the constant references to Mitch's past -- I get it. He was a man whore. Let's move on. And why the crap was everyone in the town so happy to be used and tossed away by him??? Couldn't there have been just one woman that was hurt by his wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am treatment? Nope, all those women were telling Paige to "go for it!" it...more
~J~ Riverina Romantics

I've read the entire Kowalski series so far. I devoured book 1 and gave it a huge five stars. Book 2 received four stars and that was mainly due to my phobia of children in romance stories. And Book 3 was 4.5 stars. The series is awesome. As quoted from my review on Exclusively Yours its "a masterpiece of contemporary perfection."

In All He Ever Needed, I could feel the same mix of great writing and romantic flare, unfortunately it just didn't grab me like the other books in the series....more
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Thanks Angela James for this great read!

Posted on Under the Covers

Work keeps Mitch Kowalski busy and always on the move. It’s the main reason why I guy like him hasn’t settled down yet. But the other reason is simply because Mitch doesn’t want to. He’s a man with a free spirit, the one who simply does as he pleases. But when his brother’s life starts spiraling out of control and their lodge requires his assistance, he takes some time off work to come straighten things out.

This is where he encoun...more
Christi Snow
My Review:
And my love affair with the Kowalski's continues. OMG, I loved this book!! Such an amazing start to the trilogy from the "other" branch of the Kowalski family. These are Sean's siblings from Book #3, Yours To Keep.

This book is about Mitch Kowalski. This branch of the family has five siblings: Liz, Sean, Mitch, Ryan, and Josh. Josh is the youngest and has been left to run the family inn, but he managed to break his leg trying to trim a tree and needs help. Mitch and Ryan both have their...more
Wanderlust
Cover & Title - 4 out of 5.
Favorite Line - "Honey, if you got an innie and not an outtie between your legs, he's interested."
Favorite Character - Paige

"Men are a luxury, not a necessity."

Those words are Paige's motto. After witnessing her mom date more men than Paige had, had hot dinners, Paige decided to live things solo.

"Who open's jars for you?"
"I have a little gadget that does that."
"But..." He grinned. "What about sex?"
"I have a little gadget that does that, too."

I loved Paige's per...more
Susan
Excellent book. I loved the New Hampshire Kowalskis and the Maine Kowalskis look like they will be just as fun. Mitch has returned to Whitford to help at the family lodge after being away for three years. He hates coming back because the townspeople never forget that he and his brother were hell raisers when they were younger. It doesn't matter that he owns one of the top demo companies in the country, he's still that Kowalski boy that has a way with girls. He makes no apologies for his actions...more
Lisa
Sep 19, 2012 Lisa rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: earc
I have read a couple of the Kowalski series book but not all. The ones I have read i have enjoyed though. All He Ever Needed is book 4 in this series. Mitch Kowalski was a little too frisky in his youth. Add to that that he and his brothers were always getting into trouble and the town of Whitford never forgets his transgressions. Mitch comes home to help out his brother Josh who broke his leg and is laid up with a cast. He finds out the lodge he and his siblings own together, but Josh runs is i...more
Jac (For Love and Books)
The first three books of Shannon Stacey’s Kowalski series cemented my spot as an adoring fan-girl! This fun-loving family from New Hampshire captured my heart from the very first page of Exclusively Yours! And now, the Kowalski Family is back – although it’s the cousins (Sean’s brother) in Maine this time! A chance to explore another branch of the family, with new and endearing characters!

I have to say, before I jump into my gush-fest review, that I am a bit sad we didn’t get to see the New Hamp...more
Marlene
Originally published at Reading Reality

If you like contemporary romance and you haven't met Shannon Stacey's Kowalski Family series, what are you waiting for? The Kowalski family are just plain fun. You'll either want to be adopted by them, or marry one of them, after reading Exclusively Yours, the first book in the series. (I wasn't all that fond of book number two, Undeniably Yours, but I loved Yours to Keep, book three)

Ms. Stacey really needs to do a family tree of the Kowalskis, just so we c...more
Marran
I really liked this book...I understand Mitch and the things he don't like about a small town where everybody knows everything about everybody..I come from a very small place myself and I don't know shit about all the other people...so does places like this really exist?

I felt sorry for him always being judged because of things he did as a teenager,and it was so sweet watching him falling in love not knowing that's what he did...for once the denial of loving somebody actually made sense..

Paige w...more
Lillie
Mitch Kowalski is back in town and not a lot has changed. He’s still the love ‘em and leave ‘em hottie that kept the gossips going in his younger years and has no desire to change. Paige doesn’t want anything to do with a man determined not to stick around but it’s hard to say no to Mitch.

All He Ever Needed was exactly what I’ve come to expect from a Shannon Stacey book. A sexy hero and a heroine that isn’t afraid to stand up for herself, witty banner, and off the charts chemistry. And, no matte...more
Nikki
This was the perfect book to read while laying in the sun on my mini vacation! :-)

I've been interested in the swoon worthy Mitch Kowalski since I first met him in previous books! He definitely lived up to his reputation! I really enjoyed this story. I felt bad for the way Paige grew up and completely understood her 'No Men' policy. I enjoyed how she put Mitch off as long as she could. He definitely need to be humbled in the lady department! lol The characters were great and the story flowed very...more
Kathy
4.5 stars. All He Ever Needed is a fantastic addition to the Kowalski Family series. The characters are appealing and well-developed. The conflict between Mitch and Paige is realistic and they solve their problems with very little angst or drama. To read my review in its entirety, please click HERE.
KarenH
I really like Shannon Stacey but this Kowalski, although he was hot and rode a Harley, was a bit of a bore when compared to his cousins. The only conflict in this story was exclusive to the secondary characters, mainly Mitch's brothers. I'm looking forward to reading their stories.
Cathy
This one's definitely my favourite so far. I was really into Mitch/Paige and I love the idea of Josh and Katie that's been hinted at throughout this book. Which, I know you guys told me not to read beyond book 5, but the next one isn't Josh and Katie's and I really want to read their story? So now I am torn, because I want it, but what if I hate it? Dilemma.

Regardless, this was a lot of fun because the dynamic just worked for me, and I enjoyed the brothers' interaction in and around the Northern...more
Mandi Schreiner
Mitch Kowalski heads a well respected demolition company and often finds himself on the road, supervising the next big building he is going to take down. This suits him just fine though. He has left plenty of stories behind in his hometown of Whitford, Maine as he bedded many ladies as a younger guy, and left a good impression.

“Half the women in this town have had you and want you again, and the other half want to know what the fuss is about.”

Oh Mitch, you naughty boy. Unfortunately for Mitch, w...more
Amy R
So glad for another Kowalski story! I fell in love with Shannon Stacey’s writing about a year ago and want to get my hands on everything she writes. Her writing is so smooth and fluid and she creates characters that are easy to relate to and love. She really knows her characters and builds them up so well. I have grown to love the side stories that Shannon includes in her books. It’s nice to see what is going on in the lives of the family and friends of the main characters.

In this story we read...more
Mary Catherine
3.5 rounded up to a 4

I love the Kowalskis and was extremely excited for this new set to come out and while there was nothing wrong with the book, it wasn't my favorite and it definitely took longer to read than the others. I wasn't as drawn to the characters as I was in the past, which is unfortunate because I think this series is a great read in general.

Paige has her own life. She made it and she doesn't need a man, especially not with the way she's grown up - watching her mother chase after...more
Liza
I was super lucky to get an ARC sent from the publisher of All He Ever Needed. I have mad love for the Kowalski family and was super excited to find out we would get the stories for the Kowalski cousins.

I loved All He Ever Needed so much! Mitch Kowalski has only come home to help his brother Josh out with the family’s Northern Star Lodge. Josh is recovering from a broken leg and needs some help around the lodge while he recovers. On Mitch’s first night back in his hometown she stops off at Paige...more
Nath
  • Forever and a Day (Lucky Harbor, #6)
  • Let Me Be the One (The Sullivans, #6)
  • Within Reach
  • Too Hot to Handle (Jackson, #2)
  • Holiday Kisses: This Time Next Year\A Rare Gift\It's Not Christmas Without You\Mistletoe and Margaritas (Holloway, #1; Kent Brothers, #2)
  • Lean On Me (Holloway, #2)
Shannon Stacey married her Prince Charming in 1993 and is the proud mother of two incredible sons. She lives in New England, where her two favorite activities are trying to stay warm and writing stories of happily ever after. Her two cats refuse to curl up on her lap and keep it warm while she writes, but her Shih Tzu is never far away.

When she’s not writing, she’s indulging in her other passion—f...more
More about Shannon Stacey...
Exclusively Yours (Kowalski Family, #1) Yours to Keep (Kowalski Family, #3) Undeniably Yours (Kowalski Family, #2) All He Ever Desired (Kowalski Family, #5) All He Ever Dreamed (Kowalski Family, #6)

“You. I want you and I don’t want to be a luxury. I want you to need me. I want you to not be able to concentrate because you’re thinking about me. I want you to reach for your phone because you thought of something you have to share with me. I want you to not even be able to breathe at the thought of never seeing me again, because that’s how I feel about you, Paige. I want to be a necessity.” 12 likes
“Honey, love isn't like rappeling into a cave, where you can control your descent and how deep you go. It's just falling into the hole.” 10 likes