Start by marking “Ramses - Die Herrin von Abu Simbel (Ramses, #4)” as Want to Read:
Ramses - Die Herrin von Abu Simbel (Ramses, #4)

Ramses - Die Herrin von Abu Simbel (Ramsès #4)

3.97  ·  Rating Details ·  3,676 Ratings  ·  50 Reviews
More important to Ramses than fighting is the love he bears for his wife, Nefertari. As an impassioned homage, the pharaoh decides to offer to her the most fabulous of gifts: two temples, symbols of their eternal love, are to be built at Abu Simbel.Meanwhile, dangers are mounting, from Nubia to the king's own entourage. And finally, in his own capital, Ramses must face Mos ...more
Published October 1st 1999 by Rowohlt Taschenbuch Verlag GmbH (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Ramses - Die Herrin von Abu Simbel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ramses - Die Herrin von Abu Simbel

Bea
this series is interesting in many ways. they are not books i find very engrossing but they lead me to reflect on various matters.
one is culinary. often when i read i find i start to cook and eat in ways mentioned in the book. i particularly liked the honeyed spiced figs i made as my ramses tribute.

the author is described as a foremost egyptologist. he may well be; he is certainly a great lover of ancient egypt. these novels seem to tell of an ideal society, where all people are valued, justice
Carlos
Mar 18, 2014 Carlos rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
O autor praticamente usa esse livro para amarrar os eventos resultantes do conflito entre egípsios e hititas, cujo clímax ocorrera no livro 3, A Batalha de Kadesh. O acerto de paz entre os países após a guerra levaria décadas para se consolidar, através de várias ações diplomáticas e a lenta morte de um imperador Hitita.

(view spoiler)
Meg
Mar 14, 2009 Meg rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is getting boring....if it weren't for the fact that there were only one left in the series, I would thorw in the towel. Ramses's story could have been told in one book. A longer book...but one. Nice to hear about the author's interpretation, but how many times to we have to hear that Nefertari was the most beautiful woman in the world, but not as pretty as Iset...and even though Iset was in love with Ramses she knew she could not be his royal wife......etc. Blah blah.
Sam
This one gets a bonus star for the whole section on the plagues of Egypt. Way back when I attended a C of E primary school. In the five years I was there, I think we covered most of the Bible (in a format suitable for small children, of course). One of the most popular areas was the whole story of Moses and the Egyptians, and the plagues. The Egyptians trembled in fear before the wrath of God as He sent one plague after another. Jacq has gone something of a different route, and it was brilliant. ...more
Dominika Kaníková
I found this book to be right in the middle, it is not too impressive but it was not that bad . One thing that quite annoyed me was how Nefertari was being described as this perfect woman she was like goddess. I know that the Egyptians used to believe that the pharaoh was a god but im not that kind of person who loves to read or hear idealised stories of historical figures. Im much more interested in knowing what happened for real like how was their relationship in reality. Nefertari was never j ...more
Jessica Nilsson
If it hadn't been for all the religious stuff (it just becomes too much in these books!), I love to follow Ramses, his friends, and his enemies. But often it get's a bit silly, and over the top, too much about Gods and religiousness. I DON'T mind these things in moderate; I know that the Gods were very important in ancient Egypt, but sometimes the author takes it a bit too far. The moments in between tho' are exciting, fun and truly an enjoyment to read.
Andrea Russo
Jun 26, 2014 Andrea Russo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very entertaining historical (thriller) novel. I hadn't read any other books from the series, but it was easy to get into the spirit of Ancient Egypt.
Generally the novel is full of action, expect some short descriptions, which are never too boring. Maybe towards the end it slowed a little, and the ending was quite rushed, to be honest (the "final battle" is dealt with in a couple of pages).
Rosie Claverton
I remember this book being better than it is, but then I did first read it over a decade ago. The characters are two-dimensional and the author likes to show off his Egyptian knowledge. The story of Moses is treated with contempt despite the magic of the Egyptians being rendered as truth. Disappointing.
Denise
Sep 21, 2013 Denise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book 4 in the Ramses series finds the Pharaoh fighting foes on both the physical and metaphysical levels. Evil walks the land of the Nile and won't rest until Pharaoh is destroyed!

I've enjoyed this series not only because it's about Egypt and one of it's greatest rulers, but because it shows the human side behind the power. Ramses might be the most powerful man in the known world but that doesn't protect him from tragedy and personal loss. He still ages...new foes arise..and the burden to prote
Jeanne
Jun 22, 2011 Jeanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ce roman consacré à la vie du pharaon Ramsès II est une merveille de l'histoire mise à la portée de tous.Le lecteur n'a pas besoin de se référer à un livre d'égyptologie pour se plonger dans la peau du grand personnage qui peut inspirer de la sympathie comme de la crainte.Heureusement,l'auteur de ce chef-d'oeuvre ne s'est pas contenter d'un seul bref passage sur la vie pleine de rebondissements et de magie du pharaon; il nous donne l'occasion de poursuivre notre découverte et nos aventures dans ...more
Susan Godson
Slow read and very repetitive at times. but was interesting reading the stuff about moses in a different context to how it's portrayed in bible stories
Charlotte
Nov 06, 2014 Charlotte rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-book
Though still an interesting story from a historical point of view, it annoys me to no end that we have to hear in every sentence about Nefertari that she's beautiful and more so from day to day. Or how much her and Ramses' love for each other grows all the time.
Patrick Bättig
Jan 19, 2015 Patrick Bättig rated it really liked it
4. Band der Geschichte des Ramses Sohn des Sethos des grössten Pharaos der Geschichte
Katariina
Jul 29, 2014 Katariina marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Rekisteröin kirjan BookCrossing.com-sivustolla!
Frahorus
Nel romanzo viene lasciato molto spazio alle diatribe ereditarie degli Ittiti e finalmente viene approfondito maggiormente il personaggio di Asha che, in quanto diplomatico, è colui che si occupa dei rapporti con questo popolo bellicoso. Anche i progetti di Mosè di lasciare l'Egitto hanno grande importanza in questo quarto volume, anche se devo ammettere che il suo personaggio qui è presentato in modo abbastanza diverso da come viene classicamente dipinto: in realtà sembra un invasato abbastanza ...more
Alexandre Bittar
Perfect

Perfect in every line. A beautiful story about one of a kind leader. Now going to the last book. The conclusion.
Shazandra
Jul 24, 2014 Shazandra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
These are all awesome books, for the record.
Carobe
May 10, 2014 Carobe rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Härskarinnan i abu simbel.
Achala
Jul 14, 2014 Achala rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fascinating.
dennis046
Read in Dutch.
Merve
May 29, 2016 Merve rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
romanda geçen olaylar gerçekle bağlantılı olmasaydı daha yüksek puan verirdim ama tarihin fazlaca abartıyla saptırılmasından çok hoşlanmıyorum. yine de okuması gayet keyifliydi.
Ángela Ruiz
May 04, 2016 Ángela Ruiz rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, history
2.5/5
Organicearthful
Read this realising I was joining mid story, which became evident, though the plot managed to keep together without too much problem for me. Another quite lightweight historical fiction. Lots going on at a grand scale, though not very much actually going on at a small scale. Much of the time is disjointed by bringing the story of characters further afield up to date, but little in the way of moment to moment continuity, which left me feeling still an observer rather than a participant in the sto ...more
Prestoni
Sep 06, 2012 Prestoni rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

Last book on the shelf kind of read. When you can't be bothered making the trip to the library..... Weird, disjointed ideas, in places it felt like it was written by a student, it seemed to vacillate between trying to retell history to science fiction and an attempt at romance thrown in and then abandoned. Didn't like it, won't be reading the others in the series that I have bought - luckily at a book fair, so no big money lost.
Rhonda
Feb 26, 2011 Rhonda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like historical fiction and the Ramses Series definitely fits in that category. The story is continuing to move as I enter the 5th and last book. This particular book was simply more of the same. I guess I may be reading too much without a break in content. I'm just getting bored with the subject but am fanatical enough that I just have to finish the series now that I have started it.
Varvara
Nov 16, 2013 Varvara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One thing I don't quite get it's the store about Moses.It's smudged and a little bit different if to compare to the original story.But!The whole impression is very,very good!I like the series about Ramses, it's fantastic and impressive.Easy to read and grasp the whole meaning of the book,even if you don't know the foundations of the story and religion of the Ancient Egypt.
Daniel
Nov 05, 2012 Daniel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The fourth book is a good continuation of the series. If you know Ramses history you know that he lived to be around 90 and outlived almost everyone he knew. This book takes the story up to the passing away of Nefertiti his Royal Wife. Solid book with some good reading. Makes me wonder what is left for the last book.
Alex
Jun 16, 2009 Alex rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an excellent book. The history was quite accurate as were the everyday activities. The characters were multi-dimensional unlike many historical fictions involving royalty. There was enough action and intrigue to interest all readers. The writing style was fantastic.
Oscar Chavez
Feb 07, 2015 Oscar Chavez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: history
En esta parte de la novela me he dado cuenta que mucho de lo que hoy tenemos tiene una raíz en el antiguo Egipto
una cultura de la que debemos aprender ya que también hasta cierto punto fueron tan civilizados como nosotros ahora y tal ves incluso mas.
  • The Twelfth Transforming
  • Nefertiti: The Book of the Dead (Rai Rahotep, #1)
  • The Mask of Ra (Amerotke, #1)
  • Warlock: A Novel of Ancient Egypt (Ancient Egypt, #3)
  • Magdeburg. L'eretico
  • La spada perduta
  • Flesh of the God (Lieutenant Bak, #7)
  • Pharaoh (Kleopatra, #2)
  • Tyrant
Christian Jacq is a French author and Egyptologist. He has written several novels about ancient Egypt, notably a five book suite about pharaoh Ramses II, a character whom Jacq admires greatly.

Jacq's interest in Egyptology began when he was thirteen, and read History of Ancient Egyptian Civilization by Jacques Pirenne. This inspired him to write his first novel. He first visited Egypt when he was s
More about Christian Jacq...

Ramsès (5 books)
  • Ramses: The Son of Light  (Ramses, #1)
  • Ramses: The Eternal Temple (Ramses, #2)
  • Ramses: The Battle of Kadesh (Ramses, #3)
  • Ramses: Under the Western Acacia (Ramses, #5)