Start by marking “Die Herrin von Abu Simbel (Ramses, #4)” as Want to Read:
Die Herrin von Abu Simbel (Ramses, #4)

Die Herrin von Abu Simbel (Ramsès #4)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  2,893 ratings  ·  40 reviews
More important to Ramses than fighting is the love he bears for his wife, Nefertari. As an impassioned homage, the pharaoh decides to offer to her the most fabulous of gifts: two temples, symbols of their eternal love, are to be built at Abu Simbel.Meanwhile, dangers are mounting, from Nubia to the king's own entourage. And finally, in his own capital, Ramses must face Mos ...more
Published October 1st 1999 by Rowohlt Taschenbuch Verlag GmbH (first published January 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Die Herrin von Abu Simbel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Die Herrin von Abu Simbel

Bea
this series is interesting in many ways. they are not books i find very engrossing but they lead me to reflect on various matters.
one is culinary. often when i read i find i start to cook and eat in ways mentioned in the book. i particularly liked the honeyed spiced figs i made as my ramses tribute.

the author is described as a foremost egyptologist. he may well be; he is certainly a great lover of ancient egypt. these novels seem to tell of an ideal society, where all people are valued, justice
Carlos
O autor praticamente usa esse livro para amarrar os eventos resultantes do conflito entre egípsios e hititas, cujo clímax ocorrera no livro 3, A Batalha de Kadesh. O acerto de paz entre os países após a guerra levaria décadas para se consolidar, através de várias ações diplomáticas e a lenta morte de um imperador Hitita.

(view spoiler)
Meg
This is getting boring....if it weren't for the fact that there were only one left in the series, I would thorw in the towel. Ramses's story could have been told in one book. A longer book...but one. Nice to hear about the author's interpretation, but how many times to we have to hear that Nefertari was the most beautiful woman in the world, but not as pretty as Iset...and even though Iset was in love with Ramses she knew she could not be his royal wife......etc. Blah blah.
Sam
This one gets a bonus star for the whole section on the plagues of Egypt. Way back when I attended a C of E primary school. In the five years I was there, I think we covered most of the Bible (in a format suitable for small children, of course). One of the most popular areas was the whole story of Moses and the Egyptians, and the plagues. The Egyptians trembled in fear before the wrath of God as He sent one plague after another. Jacq has gone something of a different route, and it was brilliant. ...more
Céline
Avant-dernier tome de la saga de Christian Jacq consacré à Ramsès, la dame d'Abou Simbel aurait pu en être selon moi le dernier tome. Et je vais vous expliquer pourquoi.

Dans ce tome, toutes les intrigues des tomes précédents prennent fin : les ennemis de Ramsès sont arrêtés et/ou tués, un traité de paix est signé avec l'adversaire militaire, Moïse entraîne son peuple hors d'Egypte. Très franchement je me demande quelle sera l'intrigue du dernier tome.

J'ai passé un très bon moment de lecture même
Andrea Russo
A very entertaining historical (thriller) novel. I hadn't read any other books from the series, but it was easy to get into the spirit of Ancient Egypt.
Generally the novel is full of action, expect some short descriptions, which are never too boring. Maybe towards the end it slowed a little, and the ending was quite rushed, to be honest (the "final battle" is dealt with in a couple of pages).
Denise
Book 4 in the Ramses series finds the Pharaoh fighting foes on both the physical and metaphysical levels. Evil walks the land of the Nile and won't rest until Pharaoh is destroyed!

I've enjoyed this series not only because it's about Egypt and one of it's greatest rulers, but because it shows the human side behind the power. Ramses might be the most powerful man in the known world but that doesn't protect him from tragedy and personal loss. He still ages...new foes arise..and the burden to prote
Jeanne
Ce roman consacré à la vie du pharaon Ramsès II est une merveille de l'histoire mise à la portée de tous.Le lecteur n'a pas besoin de se référer à un livre d'égyptologie pour se plonger dans la peau du grand personnage qui peut inspirer de la sympathie comme de la crainte.Heureusement,l'auteur de ce chef-d'oeuvre ne s'est pas contenter d'un seul bref passage sur la vie pleine de rebondissements et de magie du pharaon; il nous donne l'occasion de poursuivre notre découverte et nos aventures dans ...more
Charlotte
Though still an interesting story from a historical point of view, it annoys me to no end that we have to hear in every sentence about Nefertari that she's beautiful and more so from day to day. Or how much her and Ramses' love for each other grows all the time.
Patrick Bättig
4. Band der Geschichte des Ramses Sohn des Sethos des grössten Pharaos der Geschichte
Katariina
Jul 29, 2014 Katariina marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Rekisteröin kirjan BookCrossing.com-sivustolla!
Shazandra
These are all awesome books, for the record.
Carobe
Härskarinnan i abu simbel.
Organicearthful
Read this realising I was joining mid story, which became evident, though the plot managed to keep together without too much problem for me. Another quite lightweight historical fiction. Lots going on at a grand scale, though not very much actually going on at a small scale. Much of the time is disjointed by bringing the story of characters further afield up to date, but little in the way of moment to moment continuity, which left me feeling still an observer rather than a participant in the sto ...more
Mariana
It was a sad book. I cried a lot.
Kate Rakena

Last book on the shelf kind of read. When you can't be bothered making the trip to the library..... Weird, disjointed ideas, in places it felt like it was written by a student, it seemed to vacillate between trying to retell history to science fiction and an attempt at romance thrown in and then abandoned. Didn't like it, won't be reading the others in the series that I have bought - luckily at a book fair, so no big money lost.
Rhonda
I like historical fiction and the Ramses Series definitely fits in that category. The story is continuing to move as I enter the 5th and last book. This particular book was simply more of the same. I guess I may be reading too much without a break in content. I'm just getting bored with the subject but am fanatical enough that I just have to finish the series now that I have started it.
Varvara
One thing I don't quite get it's the store about Moses.It's smudged and a little bit different if to compare to the original story.But!The whole impression is very,very good!I like the series about Ramses, it's fantastic and impressive.Easy to read and grasp the whole meaning of the book,even if you don't know the foundations of the story and religion of the Ancient Egypt.
Daniel
The fourth book is a good continuation of the series. If you know Ramses history you know that he lived to be around 90 and outlived almost everyone he knew. This book takes the story up to the passing away of Nefertiti his Royal Wife. Solid book with some good reading. Makes me wonder what is left for the last book.
Alex
This was an excellent book. The history was quite accurate as were the everyday activities. The characters were multi-dimensional unlike many historical fictions involving royalty. There was enough action and intrigue to interest all readers. The writing style was fantastic.
Alara
I'm generally not one for historical fiction, I prefer my history unvarnished. But I do tip my hat to Christian Jacq, he did a more than respectable job at re-telling the story of Ramses with enough dramatic flair to keep the reader's attention.
Guido Henkel
Oh yes, what an entry in the series. Much more emotional than the previous parts, this book is a highlight in the series that keeps it interesting and intriguing. No question that I have to move on to the next - and sadly last - part of the series.
Zulayka.reidn
I read this grown-up novel when I was 9 years old, and it is supposed to be rated PG. Even so, the story was vivid and I liked it. I love Egyptian history and myths on account of my name belonging to an ancient Egyptian queen.
Alejandra Aristizábal
The most tenderful sight of a man's sorrow facing the greatest loses of his life, while knowing he must not crumble because of the immensity of the burden he has upon his shoulders: the weight of the world.
Russamun82
I was ready for the story to continue with the culmination of the Great temples at Abu Simbal. How sad that the day was somewhat diminished, though Ramses as always handled it.
Nicole
Very hard to put down.....and just couldn't wait to get on to the final installment!
Michael
A series so well written you cannot not help but read all five.....mgc
Beth Snider
A real page turner that will leave you enchanted with Egyptian history.
  • The Twelfth Transforming
  • Warlock: A Novel of Ancient Egypt (Ancient Egypt, #3)
  • Nefertiti: The Book of the Dead (Rai Rahotep, #1)
  • The Mask of Ra (Amerotke, #1)
  • The Lost Army
  • Stealing Fire (Numinous World, #2)
  • Pharaoh (Kleopatra, #2)
Christian Jacq is a French author and Egyptologist. He has written several novels about ancient Egypt, notably a five book suite about pharaoh Ramses II, a character whom Jacq admires greatly.

Jacq's interest in Egyptology began when he was thirteen, and read History of Ancient Egyptian Civilization by Jacques Pirenne. This inspired him to write his first novel. He first visited Egypt when he was s
More about Christian Jacq...

Ramsès (5 books)
  • Ramses: The Son of Light  (Ramses, #1)
  • Ramses: The Eternal Temple (Ramses, #2)
  • Ramses: The Battle of Kadesh (Ramses, #3)
  • Ramses: Under the Western Acacia (Ramses, #5)
Ramses: The Son of Light  (Ramses, #1) Ramses: The Battle of Kadesh (Ramses, #3) Ramses: The Eternal Temple (Ramses, #2) Ramses: Under the Western Acacia (Ramses, #5) Nefer the Silent (Stone of Light, #1)