It's My Life

It's My Life (Diary of a Teenage Girl #2)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  1,280 ratings  ·  53 reviews
In this emotional sequel to Diary of a Teenage Girl, Caitlin O'Conner faces new trials as she grows in her faith and strives to maintain the recent commitments she's made to God. As a new believer, Caitlin begins her summer job and makes preparations for a Mexico mission trip with her church youth group. Torn between new spiritual directions and loyalty to Beanie, her best...more
Published December 29th 2000 by Multnomah Pub

Sandy
If you don't read this series, then you're really missing out on some awesome books. Sorry, but I have to say for a series by Melody Carlson, considering that not a lot happens in most of her books, it reeeeeeaaaaally rocks. Unfortunately my library doesn't have the third book, but I so wanna read it!

It's written in such a realistic way, something you really would expect in a teenager's diary. I think Melody Carlson sort of exagerated the way teen girls would write - I mean, being one myself, I...more
Sally
This book popped on the side of the library's website, and I reserved it thinking that I'd read it with my daughter in mind. It is designed to appeal to teens, with a fakey 'handwriting' kind of font, as if it was actually a teenage girl's diary. I continually asked myself questions such as, Does this character seem real to me? Do her problems and the way she deals with them seem real to me? And yes, I thought this was a realistic book. The young girl struggles with her desire to be popular and...more
Caseyy =]
Jan 18, 2008 Caseyy =] rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Highschool Girls
After reading Its My Life, I decided that it was my favorite book. I have chosen to rate it with four stars. I did not put five because this book is a Christian book and it limits it audience. The author, Melody Carlson, creates a very tense mood and makes the reader more eager to read on. With great details and expressions, this book makes it feel as if Caitlin, the main character, was your best friend. Caitlin is the antagonist of this story. Her character is created in the first book, Becomin...more
This was a good book. Better than the first in the series, in my opnion. And I had not read it before, so I didn't have that nagging at the back of my mind.

I can see how teenage girls can really relate to the characters in the story. A fun read, but also makes you think.

However - is it really necessary to use a handwriting font for the entire story? Not the easiest to read, in my opinion.
Alyssa hoffmaster
i love this book this whole series really reaches out to kids that have these same issues.
Kt
Mar 05, 2009 Kt rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ANY teenage girl
I will begin saying that I've never really been into modern day fiction. I've just always found it really cheesy and like the script to a bad chick flick. However, the Diary of a Teenage Girl Caitlin series is not like that! It easily could be one of my favorite series and I would probably read them again if I had not Ebayed them (so that I could get other books...).
I chose to review this book because it was my favorite of the series. I won't spoil anything, but Melody Carlson really held my in...more
Isabella Romanazzi
Oct 28, 2011 Isabella Romanazzi rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: girls between 15-17
Recommended to Isabella by: I found it my self
Carly Poro
Andrea
This story is about Caitlin. She goes through hardships and struggles to discover who she is. She begins to realize that the world doesn't revolve around her. At one particular point in the book, she goes on a mission trip to Mexico where she learns to love and care for others. She begins to put others first and sacrifice her own desires. Throughout the story she is constantly being tempted by subtle sins, such as pride and putting her feelings before her morality. She tries keeps God as her hig...more
Lindsey
The second book in the Diary of a Teenage Girl series. Carlson continues the story of Caitlin O’Connor, now seventeen, as she moves though her life and slowly matures in her faith and relationship with God. Caitlin goes on a mission trip with her youth group to mexico and it totally changes her perspective. She believes God is calling her to be a missionary! At first she runs away from it. But after a lot of prayer and thought she decides to let God lead her.

This was just as good as her first bo...more
Stephanie Ziegler
Aug 20, 2012 Stephanie Ziegler rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Stephanie by: continuation of series
Shelves: favorites, i-bought
I really need to go back and read book 1 again. It has been so long inbetween that I forgot the things that happened. I tried to go back and read my review but I only give you a glimpse of what happens at the beginning of a book – I leave the good stuff for you to find out on your own. So when the 2nd book referenced the 1st book, I was a little confused. Though it did not stop me from getting the jist and it did not stop me from understanding the 2nd book.

While the format of the diary remained...more
Rachel Lange
The author’s purpose in the book It’s My Life was to entertain. The Theme of the book is how a teenage girl found God. This book is written in first person. In my opinion this was a really good book to read because it always had me wondering what would happen next. I would recommend this book to any teenage girl, as long as they read the first book in the series firs. I don’t think a guy would enjoy it very much.
Jodi
I really am loving these books. I thought they might be good for my step daughter and they are great for both of us. I figure I will let her read one from the library and if she loves it I will buy them all. I rarely buy books but these are so worth it. The main character is a senior in high school trying to figure things out before graduation. She goes on a mission trip to Mexico and discovers a whole group of people that live at the local garbage dump. They search for food and dont give their...more
Ashley
Title: Its My Life (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Caitlin)

Author: Melody Carlson

This is the second book in the series Diary of a Teenage Girl: Caitlin.

Description (Goodreads): Caitlin O'Conner faces new trials as she grows in her faith and strives to maintain the recent commitments she's made to God.

Language: just some minor words such has cr-d

Objectionable content: teen pregnancy, eating disorder

Pros: This book has such good morals. I loved how the author showed us how Caitlin struggled with her re...more
$hanel
All Melody Carlson fans must read Caitlin O`Conner`s second diary in order to continue to read the series! In the second Caitlin book Caitlin goes on a trip to Mexico with her youth group friends from church as Caitlin helps all of the poor kids in Mexico. Caitlin also dosen`t have much time in high school left and makes plans for college. Of coarse Caitlin also sticks to God and purity as she continues her life. Caitlin also has some struggles with her ex-boyfriend (their really just friends) J...more
Lizzie Wright
Great follow up to an awesome prequel. I really liked this and I could really relate to it.
Ruthie
I'm seriously soooooo sad to be done with this!!! It was so incredibly good and very relatable making it such an easy and enjoyable read!!!! It's really a good book for anybody!!! It really put a lot of things into perspective!! The whole thing wit her going down t Mexico and growing so close to the kids and urging so MUC when she came back was exactly how I felt when I came back from my missions trip to Mexico!! And it really helped me deal with it a lot better!!
Alyssa
It was much better than the first book in the series! I thought the situations in this one felt more "real" than the first one for some reason. The dramatic changes in some of the characters were however seemed a bit too "fast" and (I don't know??) "extreme". This book made me want to read through the whole "series" because I was hesitant to pick this one up, since I wasn't a big fan of it, until I saw it at the library and said w.t.h. and got it.
Abbey
On a mission trip to Mexico, things change for seventeen-year-old Caitlin O'Conner. Seeing the unfortunate lives of others, changed hers. Her heart is set on God and promises she made to Him, and she is given temptations that test her promises. While Caitlin is there for family, friends, and anyone else, she keeps her heart on God. This inspiring story about Caitlin's faith will make you realize some things in your own life, like it did for me.
Lilly :)
Good Book. Very moving. Story about a teenage girl who joins a missionary and goes to Mexico to help the poor.
Siobhan Parker
Caitlin O'Conner, the narrator/protagonist of this second volume, has definitely matured since Part One. Though she and her friends still have some struggles, their faith in God helps them triumph nonetheless. As a book, this isn't anything terribly special, but fans of entertainment meant for the younger set will likely find plenty to love about It's My Life.
Bethel
Jan 02, 2008 Bethel rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Christian Teens
It's rather strong in it's Christianity. I'd expect to find it in a church library, or a Christian book store. Which isn't a bad thing, it's just that most probably can't relate to it. But Catiln is a likeable character. This isn't one of those plot-driven books, as much as you read them because you're invested in the character.
Jaedyn
Caitlyn goes to Mexico with her youth group and help the hungry kids. Jenny (her best friend) in anorexic and Caitlyn does her best to help her out. Beanie's baby dies . Josh ( her ex boryfriend) goes to colledge. Caitlyn does her best to follow God's Will and do the right thing. SHe aleayds does the right thing
Abigail
It was actually a pretty good read which really surprised me because I'm not a Melody Carlson fan. This book and the next two were given to me for my birthday and I finally got around to reading them. Pretty good, defiantly wouldn't give to book to someone under the age of 16 though.
Rachel Estes
A fantastic good christian book that sets a really good message for teenagers in highschool, Its almost like your own handbook on how to live the christian right, the way God wants it to be. I loved it and I would recommend this to any of my friends.
Mary Bronson
I thought this was a very good book. I really enjoyed the plot and characters of the story. Catlin is such a great main character and I love reading about her journey through her life. It is a very touching and heartwarming book to read.
Amanda

Read this in high school; it was sooo relatable! Offers amazing perspective on God and some of life's most difficult situations. Highly recommended to preteens and teens, but I even find myself wanting to read them as an adult!
Jess
this book showed me that i need to be there for my friends when they are in a time of need.. no matter how much time it takes up or how much you don't want to you have to do it because that is what true friends do...
Karen
It's been a couple years since I've read this but I know I loved all of the Diary of a Teenage Girl books. I liked Caitlin's story the best but they are all very good. I would definitely recommend any of them.
Alex
Again - I just love Melody Carlson. The "diary" series are so entertaining to read, and while Caitlin wasn't the best character (she was REALLY preachy) I still really liked these.
  • Seventeen Wishes (Christy Miller, #9)
Melody Carlson is the award-winning author of over two hundred books, several of them Christmas novellas from Revell, including her much-loved and bestselling book, The Christmas Bus.

She also writes many teen books, including the Diary of a Teenage Girl series, the TrueColors series, and the Carter House Girls series.

Melody was nominated for a Romantic Times Career Achievement Award in the inspi...more
More about Melody Carlson...
Becoming Me (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Caitlin, #1) Dark Blue: Color Me Lonely (TrueColors, #1) Christmas at Harrington's Blade Silver: Color Me Scarred (TrueColors, #7) Finding Alice