Start by marking “Happy Go Lucky (Big Apple Barn, #1)” as Want to Read:
Happy Go Lucky (Big Apple Barn, #1)

Happy Go Lucky (Big Apple Barn #1)

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  60 ratings  ·  11 reviews

Happy Go Lucky is a young pony. He loves living with his mom at Shoemaker Stables! But when he's sent to help at a riding school called Big Apple Barn, everything in Happy's life changes.

Big Apple Barn is full of new adventures! Happy has never m
Published February 1st 2007 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Happy Go Lucky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Happy Go Lucky

Angie
Synopsis: "When Happy Go Lucky, a young quarter pony, is moved from his home to the stables at Big Apple Barn, endless adventures await him!

Big Apple Barn is full of new adventures! Happy has never met other horses and ponies before. He has a lot to learn, and he misses his home. Will Happy Go Lucky find his pla
Monica Johnson
This primary (P) story is a great fantasy/fiction. I gave this story a five star rating because is provides a story young readers can relate too. The main pony is sent off to a riding school where he meets other new horses. It provides a plot and story that many young readers can relate too. The language is clear and easy to understand. This book is a must.
Jodi
Aug 22, 2009 Jodi rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: young readers
Another beginning chapter book for my young horse lover. First in the series and tells how Happy becomes part of Big Apple Barn.

Emily (6 1/2): I love it! I love horses!
Kalia Dalat
Happy go lucky is a sad story but in the end he turns out liking being at the new place he's at! I love this book and I hope you have it too so you can read it too!
Zoe
This book was fantastic. It is about a horse who goes to new york city and has a hard time. I strongly suggest you read this book.
Jacqueline
I know it's a kids book but I read this a LONG LONG time ago, and thought it was so cute it deserved a spot on my bookshelf.
Tiffany
Cute story and if your a horse/pony lover there are some very interesting facts...

Niece and I really enjoyed it.
Twyla
happy went to big apple barn he learned how to be ridden and found out that his mother used to live there
Cori
Mar 07, 2012 Cori rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: pg
i thought it was a good book it was not to hard
Fatima
This was my favorite book as a kid.
Meagan
VERY good book
Poppy Carty
Poppy Carty marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
Charlotte Walton
Charlotte Walton marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
Guen
Guen marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
Crystal Morrell-Geneau
Crystal Morrell-Geneau is currently reading it
Apr 29, 2015
Liana
Liana added it
Mar 28, 2015
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
Jill
Jill added it
Mar 01, 2015
Ayri
Ayri marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2015
Lizette Ayala
Lizette Ayala marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
Kelley (Shyflea)
Kelley (Shyflea) marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

Big Apple Barn (9 books)
  • Happy's Big Plan (Big Apple Barn, #2)
  • A Sassy Surprise (Big Apple Barn, #3)
  • Saddle Up, Happy! (Big Apple Barn, #4)
  • Happy's Holiday (Big Apple Barn, #5)
  • Roscoe and The Pony Parade (Big Apple Barn, #6)
  • Big Apple Barn: Books #1-4
  • Big Apple Barn 5-Book Set: Books 1, 2, 3, 4, and 6
  • Hold Your Horses! (Big Apple Barn)
Patch (Breyer Stablemates) Starlight (Breyer Stablemates) Snowflake (Breyer Stablemates) The Magic School Bus Gets Crabby The Magic School Bus Weathers The Storm (Scholastic Readers)