Start by marking “Hurricane Bay” as Want to Read:
Hurricane Bay

Hurricane Bay

3.89  ·  Rating Details ·  1,948 Ratings  ·  62 Reviews

Dane Whitelaw knows something about Sheila Warren that no one else does. Dane knows Sheila's dead.

The private investigator found a photo under his door--a picture of Sheila, strangled with his tie and posed on the beach of his private island in the Florida keys. The crime appears to be the handiwork of a serial killer currently terrorizing the Miami area. Now Dane knows he

Hardcover, Large Print
Published June 1st 2003 by Thorndike Press (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Hurricane Bay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hurricane Bay

Joanie
Jan 27, 2010 Joanie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Kelly Moran
Apr 09, 2009 Kelly Moran rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
pleasure read, not for official review.
Heather Graham always fascinates me. She combines suspense, (sometimes paranormal) and romance in a genuinely unique way. Her humor comes through and livens things. If you're a fan, this one won't let you down. This was an older one of hers.
Elizabeth Noah Astle
Kelsey Cunningham gets an email from an old friend Sheila to come and visit as she wants to talk to her as she is scare . Kelseyville arrives back in town in Key Large and Sheila is no where to be found. No one seems concerned as Sheila has done this in the past. Kelseyville however is not buying it and thinks something has happened to her.

Dane Whitelaw is Sheila old high school flame. He gets a picture of Sheila dead on his property and killed with an article of his clothing. Dane is also the
Apr 19, 2013 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: florida-keys
I enjoyed this romantic suspense set in Key Largo, FL. Although marketing executive Kelsey Cunningham hasn't been back to her hometown in the Keys for several years, she plans her vacation to spend some time with her once close friend, Sheila, who has recently emailed Kelsey indicating that she is scared, of whom, Kelsey is not sure. When Kelsey arrives at Sheila's home as planned, Sheila is nowhere to be found, and apparently has not been seen in the past week by anyone. The last known person t ...more
Gina
Apr 08, 2008 Gina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not part of a series. And it was pretty good!

It started off a little slow, but picked up really quick and didn't let up until the end. I was completely surprised who the killer was. I'd had someone completely different in mind.

I thought Kelsey was a good character. Independent, tenacious, she wanted to find Shelby no matter what. Her frustration with Dane made me laugh, even if it shouldn't have. I still have not met a man, other than my hubby, dad and a male friend, who's been completely honest
Kimberly
Do not let this be the 1st book you read by Graham. While it's ok it's not 1 of her best.
Dane/Kelsey/others grew up together. One of the others goes missing. Kelsey wants to find her. Dane received a picture of her dead body with all the clues pointing to him so he wants to find who did it before her body is found. This book was a little to separated to me. Every one is keeping secrets but no one seems to connect. Even Dane/Kelsey relationship feels forced. The book is written simplistic (ex:on
Wanda
Dane Whitelaw returns to his childhood home in Key Largo to recuperate from a traumatic and emotional loss. At the same time a high school sweetheart, Shelia has failed to be seen for over a week. Is she the next victim of a serial strangler in the area, or as many believe is responsible because he was the last to be seen with her. Add to the mix several other childhood friend especially Kelsey Cunningham for whom he still holds a torch and the excitement begins. The real killer has send a pictu ...more
Patricia
Sep 30, 2011 Patricia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2-times
When I haven't read a book for a few years.....5 or more, I can ofen re-read the book and it's like new to me. Hurricane Bay was like that. There were bits and pieces that I remembered, but not enough to ruin the great story for me.

I knew I liked it the first time I read it and I liked it equally as well this time. As I mentioned in previous reviews of books I've read again, I think Heather had more depth in some of her earlier books. You really got to know Dane and Kelsey and wanted their rela
Melanie
May 24, 2016 Melanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kelsey goes back to her home town for a visit with her old friend, Sheila, and discovers her friend is missing. She gets together with the rest of the old gang, but no one seems concerned. Meanwhile there's a killer on the loose, strangling women and dumping them in the water. Was Sheila his next victim? Kelsey starts digging around and discovers Sheila had secrets, including her history with her stepfather. Did he kill her? The last person known to have seen Shelia was one of their group, Dane, ...more
Christelle
C'est le premier Heather Graham que j'ai eu l'occasion de lire et j'ai trouvé l'écriture très plaisante. L'intrigue est bien construite, le mystère bien maintenu, le cadre de l'histoire (les plages de Floride) agréable, et l'auteur nous tient suffisamment en haleine pour avoir envie de découvrir qui est le tueur en jouant les détectives amateurs (même si j'avais ma petite idée sur le tueur dès le départ, j'étais bien contente de voir mon idée confirmer à la fin).
Le comportement de l'héroïne, trè
Linda
Feb 05, 2013 Linda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book, not as intense as I would have liked, but well written. The author kept the story going by making the characters interesting. The characters were easy to relate to, although I found Kelsey to be a bit too naive. I had a killer picked out and was pleasantly surprised when I had the wrong one. I would recommend this book and look forward to reading more from this author.
Stephany
Jun 17, 2011 Stephany rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As another native South Floridian, I loved this book! Heather captures the Florida Keys scene perfectly. The plot thickens and the suspense grows in intensity. I actually read this book during a boat trip in the keys and almost freaked myself out one night! I am a fan of Heather Graham's work and this one has stood out among the rest...
Joanne
Sep 16, 2010 Joanne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another quick read/damsel in distress novel, although this novel had a few interesting characters. Did soap star Kelly Trent have an accident on set, or did someone try to kill her? It took about a second to figure out it was deliberate and 5 more minutes to know who did it. And she spends more time describing dwellings than anything else. If you like quick, light reads, you will enjoy this.
Lyn
Apr 04, 2014 Lyn rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
So poorly written and cliched that it's out of mercy I've given it two stars instead of one. At the 24 percent mark I skipped to the last ten pages just to end my suffering and find out who did it. I already have one other Heather Graham novel checked out from the library. Hopefully, this one will redeem her in my eyes.
Christina
I have never before wanted to reach into a book and shake the heroine so bad! It was a good book, but Kelsey needed to grow up a little bit. Yes, she was independent and tenacious, both good character traits, but she lacked common sense and would rush headlong into situations, regardless of the danger.
Nancy
Ashley
This was one of the lesser Graham books. I am not sure why it just didn't sit well with me but it was so forgettable that I had forgot to add it to my list of read books. The story line was not holding my attention nor were the characters interesting.
Kristi terrazas
Took forever to get interesting

Way to much land and house description, nearly half the book wasted on it, I put this book down so many times, but I wanted to give the author a fair chance, so I read the entire thing. It got better in the end, but still was to predictable.
Brittany
May 27, 2008 Brittany rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was great. This author is coming to my hometown soon, I can't wait. I knew what was going to happen though. Sometimes that means the book is poorly written, but this was still held my attention.
May 27, 2012 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: heather-graham
Another great book by Heather Graham! Although I guessed who the killer was early on it was still a great read. Also enjoyed the twist at the end. It had me second guessing myself for a minute there.
Morganmckella4
Nov 29, 2011 Morganmckella4 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. IT was so intense and I couldn't put it down. I never knew what was going to happen next. I kept trying to guess, but there was always a twist. If you like good mysteries read this book.
Brianna
Nov 07, 2010 Brianna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult
it was an okay book, beside the fact that Kelsey on my nerves through out the entire book. She was sooo prim and proper, passing judgement on everyone...that just got on my nerves. but other than that, it was a pretty good book.
Donna
Nov 13, 2013 Donna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My first book by this author. Very good mystery with lots of plot twists, good characters and great descriptions of the Florida Keys. Definitely want to read more of her books!
Jo
A so-so thriller that's more of a romance with a bit of crime thrown in. Enjoyable enough but not that great
Penni
Jan 26, 2016 Penni rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was my first Heather Graham book. It was OK but I figured out who was the bad guy when she first introduced him into the story. She writes very predictable to me.
Glenn Harris
Not one of Graham's best. Too much rambling speculation and introspection from the main characters.
Mynnie
Jan 27, 2016 Mynnie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
another great book
April
Aug 16, 2016 April rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love that you get to know these characters and you see them throughout her other books. Heather Graham makes you long to go to these places and you can't wait for her next book!
Miranda
Sep 26, 2008 Miranda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
thrilling, passion, adventure, romance
Nigeltheboyrobot sario

..This book is a hypnotic one..
..mystery and suspense covers it..
..you'll just not stop reading it..
..pages by pages until it reveals the verdict..
  • Slow Burn
  • The Awakening (Alliance Vampires #5)
  • Cause for Alarm
  • Stonebrook Cottage (Carriage House, #3)
  • Scent of Danger
  • Haunting Rachel
  • No Escape
  • Strangers in the Night
  • Forgotten
  • Beachcomber
  • Soft Focus
Also published as Heather Graham Pozzessere and Shannon Drake.

New York Times and USA Today best-selling author Heather Graham majored in theater arts at the University of South Florida. After a stint of several years in dinner theater, back-up vocals, and bartending, she stayed home after the birth of her third child and began to write, working on short horror stories and romances. After some tria
More about Heather Graham...

“Kelsey was up there, and she was devastated. Holding it together,” 0 likes