Start by marking “The Frog Who Wanted to See the Sea” as Want to Read:
The Frog Who Wanted to See the Sea

The Frog Who Wanted to See the Sea

3.23  ·  Rating Details  ·  44 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
A curious but timid frog named Alice leaves her comfortable surroundings behind to embark on the adventure of a lifetime.
Published September 1st 2007 by Creative Editions (first published August 31st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Frog Who Wanted to See the Sea, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Frog Who Wanted to See the Sea

J.D. Corrigan
Sep 15, 2014 J.D. Corrigan rated it liked it
A nice story about a little frog named Alice who dreamed of some of life's bigger things beyond the comfort and safety of her small pond that she knew all too well. As the title states this frog had her sights on the sea, a far bigger body of water than her pond, but it would take an adventure unlike any she had ever traveled to get to the sea. Overall the story is pretty good, but the illustrations are even better as they fill the pages. ~The Librarian Uncle
Robin
Mar 12, 2015 Robin rated it it was ok
I like this brave little frog who is willing to try a new adventure all on her own. But, I got lost in the last part of the story. Did she use the vial the old kind gentleman gave her? Did the Moon transport her back to the pond? Was it all a dream? I'm confused, and I love a good ending. Maybe my copy is missing a valuable page?
Annie
Mar 05, 2014 Annie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
I really like the style of the illustrations, but there are several places where they don't seem to reflect the text well. The lines of the "weathered" castle are far too crisp, for example. The markers for the seasons seem not quite right to me. I guess I would say that the images are stylish, but not evocative.
Alice
Mar 12, 2015 Alice rated it it was ok
This book was a 3.5 stars until it totally lost me and my co-worker on the last two pages....does the moon transport the frog?? Is it the frog imagination...so confused...sorry can't recommend this one
Sandra
Jan 26, 2016 Sandra rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
Beautiful illustrations. Fairly wordy for very little story and flat/ominous ending. More for older children in the mood for a story they can infer into or for adults with wanderlust.
Dorathea Maynard
Cute little story. I am happy to tell you it's magical and the frog's name is Alice.
Benjamin Elliott
Apr 26, 2016 Benjamin Elliott rated it liked it
This story started out as a charming journey story, but took a couple hard turns in the second half with some unexplained supernatural elements.
Dustin
Jul 15, 2008 Dustin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kiddie-lit
Yeah...I know it's a kids book, but I read it to my five year old son who is into frogs, turtles, any anything reptilian and he loved it. For anyone who has ever wanted to travel or move and once you finally got there, longed to be back home...only to want to go back after you were satisfied that home would always be there for you.
Beth Wood
Dec 03, 2013 Beth Wood rated it liked it
The illustrations drew me to this book. They are beautiful: clear and spare, powerfully spotlighting the frog and her journey. I also loved that the frog was female. The last sentence, however, was ominous and left the ending flat.
Nichole
Sep 19, 2012 Nichole rated it it was amazing
This book had an aura of mystery in it: from the crisp and almost Japanese-style illustrations (think Hokusai) to the mysterious disappearance. Love that this book didn't feel the need to really explain everything. Things just happened.
Lacey Butler
Dec 04, 2013 Lacey Butler rated it liked it
Shelves: rdg-4050-11
This book is full of fantasy and adventure as well as humor. It shows the students that it is great to see new places and meet new people.
Michael Fitzgerald
Jun 28, 2015 Michael Fitzgerald rated it did not like it
Shelves: picture-books
Just dumb. Pictures are unimpressive. With all the great quest books out there, why would anyone need this one?
Joann White
Dec 07, 2009 Joann White rated it really liked it
Good for story time in k-1.
Dawn
Mar 19, 2010 Dawn rated it it was amazing
Gorgeously illustrated.
Megan
Jan 22, 2009 Megan rated it really liked it
So wonderful.
Michelle
Michelle rated it liked it
Apr 19, 2016
Lucia Izzy Fontán
Lucia Izzy Fontán rated it liked it
Jan 30, 2016
Pat
Pat added it
Jan 23, 2016
Katie
Katie rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2016
Odette Gavileño
Odette Gavileño rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2015
Jenna
Jenna marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
A.R.
A.R. marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2015
Inara
Inara rated it liked it
May 12, 2015
Claire
Claire added it
Mar 20, 2015
Carrie
Carrie rated it liked it
Mar 17, 2015
彥辰 劉
彥辰 劉 marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2015
Anders Jensen
Anders Jensen rated it it was ok
Dec 05, 2014