The Frog Who Wanted to See the Sea

The Frog Who Wanted to See the Sea

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  28 ratings  ·  10 reviews
A curious but timid frog named Alice leaves her comfortable surroundings behind to embark on the adventure of a lifetime.
Published September 1st 2007 by Creative Editions (first published August 31st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Frog Who Wanted to See the Sea, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Frog Who Wanted to See the Sea

J.D. Corrigan
A nice story about a little frog named Alice who dreamed of some of life's bigger things beyond the comfort and safety of her small pond that she knew all too well. As the title states this frog had her sights on the sea, a far bigger body of water than her pond, but it would take an adventure unlike any she had ever traveled to get to the sea. Overall the story is pretty good, but the illustrations are even better as they fill the pages. ~The Librarian Uncle
Annie
I really like the style of the illustrations, but there are several places where they don't seem to reflect the text well. The lines of the "weathered" castle are far too crisp, for example. The markers for the seasons seem not quite right to me. I guess I would say that the images are stylish, but not evocative.
Dorathea Maynard
Cute little story. I am happy to tell you it's magical and the frog's name is Alice.
Dustin
Yeah...I know it's a kids book, but I read it to my five year old son who is into frogs, turtles, any anything reptilian and he loved it. For anyone who has ever wanted to travel or move and once you finally got there, longed to be back home...only to want to go back after you were satisfied that home would always be there for you.
Beth Wood
The illustrations drew me to this book. They are beautiful: clear and spare, powerfully spotlighting the frog and her journey. I also loved that the frog was female. The last sentence, however, was ominous and left the ending flat.
Nichole
This book had an aura of mystery in it: from the crisp and almost Japanese-style illustrations (think Hokusai) to the mysterious disappearance. Love that this book didn't feel the need to really explain everything. Things just happened.
Lacey Butler
This book is full of fantasy and adventure as well as humor. It shows the students that it is great to see new places and meet new people.
Joann White
Good for story time in k-1.
Dawn
Gorgeously illustrated.
Megan
So wonderful.
Ka Muccilli
Ka Muccilli marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
J.D. Corrigan
J.D. Corrigan marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Kris
Kris added it
Feb 09, 2014
Ellie
Ellie marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2014
Terri
Terri added it
Jan 01, 2014
Jojoma
Jojoma added it
Jun 25, 2013
Something's Not Quite Right Journey Number 24 Il y a encore quelque chose qui cloche Thunderbolt and Rainbow