I Believe in Santa Claus

I Believe in Santa Claus

4.46 of 5 stars 4.46  ·  rating details  ·  413 ratings  ·  50 reviews
Finally, a book that says it's OK to believe in Santa Claus, yet shows how this time honored symbol is meant to remind us of the true meaning of Christmas.
Published September 1st 2000 by North Star Publications (Miami, FL)

To ask other readers questions about I Believe in Santa Claus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Believe in Santa Claus

Cherie
Nathan and I decided that building up our kids hope/belief in Santa Claus was something that we'd rather not do. We don't discourage them from thinking Santa is cool, or going and sitting on his lap for a candy cane, but we don't feed them ideas of someone coming through our chimney either. Our kids know that we got them presents, and that we do that each year because we love them and we want to symbolize Christ's gift(s) to us. Anyway! This book draws parallels between Christ and Santa Claus, a...more
Liz
I'm one of those parents who doesn't ever want to admit to her kids who Santa is. I love "Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus", and I love this book too. For when that inevitable question, "Is there a Santa?" comes, I'm happy I have this book. It puts perspective behind the tradition of Santa, and brings us back to what we're really celebrating, our Savior. Everything about Santa should remind us of Jesus Christ. The colors he wears, the children he loves, are all symbols. So it's ok to believ...more
Melanie
I love the image of Santa as a symbol for Christ. This book explains in easy terms for young children how they are alike. I felt the message was still just as poignant for older children and adults, as well.
Shauna
This book has a very plain cover...
But open it up and you will be truly surprised!
Cute illustrations and simple verses tell the similarities between Santa Claus and Christ.

From the book:

"Santa wears red
Christ wears red (Isaiah 63:2)
Santa has white hair
Christ has white hair (Revelations 1:14)
Santa comes in the night
Christ came in the night (1 Thessalonians 5:2)
Santa loves little children
Christ loves little children (Matthew 19:14)
Santa wants us to be good
Christ knows we are good(1 Timothy 2:3-4)
S...more
Shauna Thompson
I Do Believe in Santa
Beth
I believe!!!
Missy
This book compares Santa to Jesus Christ and lets children know it's okay to believe in a symbol who is intended to remind us of the true meaning of Christmas.

We let our kids enjoy the excitement of Santa Claus without focusing on him a great deal. In our family he only brings one or two special gifts (unwrapped on the couch) for the kids and they know that Mom and Dad give them the gifts under the tree.
Holly (2 Kids and Tired)
I love this gem of a book. It's very short and very simple, but it draws a beautiful parallel between Santa Claus and Jesus Christ. With beautiful illustrations and explanations of the symbols of Christmas, this is a wonderful addition to any collection of Christmas books. Fun for children to look at and easy for them to read. Santa Claus is a wonderful symbol of Christmas and I, for one, believe in Santa Claus.
Heidi Green
**One of the books that has made a personal impact on me at one point (childhood, adolescence, adulthood) in my life.
Beth Ann
Dec 21, 2007 Beth Ann rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents, Christians, Mormons, families
While the pictures are good, I think they could be better. However, the CONTENT of the beautiful book so perfectly brings back the true reason for the season while not losing the magic of Santa for kids, it is one of my FAVORITES and I plan to read it to my kids if I ever have any. Till then I will keep reading it to myself... because *I* believe in Santa, too!
Marek
This is short, simple, and to the point, but a wonderful reminder of why Santa Claus (in my opinion, anyway) shouldn't be so demonized in Christian households. He is the spirit of Christmas after all, and a symbol for the greater good. This is perfect for children of all ages and I look forward to sharing this with my 4 year old this Christmas season.
Adison
This is a beautiful book in simple words with detailed pictures capturing the spirit of Christmas. I love the connection it makes between Santa Claus and Christ. It puts the true meaning of Christmas into modern Christmas by explaining how all our current traditions are symbols of the birth of our Savior. It is certainly a book children will love.
Kara
I found this 3 years ago at Deseret Book and it has become one of my favorite Christmas books ever. It is a wonderful way to connect Santa Claus and Jesus Christ. It puts into words my long-held belief that Santa and our Savior go hand in hand not in conflict to each other. Definitely a must-read for every family!
Alice
This is one of the few Christmas books I can read without getting too much Santamas...when it is CHRISTmas! I like the parallel between the two!

description
Alissa
Amazing! I loved that there is a book that can tie Jesus and Santa together. I have had a hard time accepting the whole Santa thing and knowing how to tell my kids about it, but this book was great for showing the comparisons and the reason for Santa.
Mindee
This book parallels Santa Claus and Jesus Chrst through the symbols of Christmas. It is very few words a page and the message is quite clear. It would be a good book to read to your children to help keep the holiday in perspective.
Christina
This book reflects my belief about Santa and shows how he is a symbol of Christmas, reflecting the Spirit of Christ. I feel in many ways, it explains how my understanding of Santa and his role of giving reflect the life Christ led.
Whitney
A great book that draws parallels between Santa and the Savior. For adults who adamantly believe in Santa Claus and the symbolism behind him, and also for helping children connect Santa with the real meaning of Christmas.
Marianne
I love this book! It is one of my favorite Christmas books. It reminds you to see in the true meaning of Christmas within all the symbols that surround us during the holidays. It's perfect for teaching kids about the symbols.
Kim
A short, beautifully illustrated picture book. It does a beautiful job connecting the symbol of Santa Claus to the Savior. Now when we think of Santa, we will be reminded of the Savior.
I cry every time I read it.
K.Q. Webster
I love this book! It is always cool to know why one object symbolizes another and that is what this book is all about. Christmas can get very worldly so it's nice to have a refresher of what it is really about.
Melissa
Absolutely wonderful book reflecting on the symbols of christmas and helping to explain to children (and adults alike) how Santa can help us remember Christ our Savior and the true meaning of Christmas.
Crazy Uncle Ryan
I found this cute little book at my in laws house on Christmas Eve. Good little reminder that Santa Claus can be a great reminder of The Savior.
Christene
I have big love for Santa and love how this book correlates the similar attributes between Santa and the Savior. It's a great book for helping kids understand the true meaning of Christmas.
Karen
I love this book! It helped me make my transition from believing in Santa as a child to my belief in Santa as an adult. It's a great read for kids too. Easy.
Tenille
What a fantastic way to think of it! This book compares Santa Claus to Jesus Christ. I never had thought of the similarities between them. My kids even liked it!!
Another book to add to our Christmas book list! A simple story of Santa and how he symbolizes Jesus. Very well done and perfect for children of all ages
Leanna
A good reminder for children about the link between Santa and the Savior. I also loved the list of Christmas symbols and their meanings in the back.
Cindy
A must have for any Christian family and young ones. I love the comparisons of Christ's life with another time-honored symbol of Christmas.
Mary Jane
Dec 12, 2007 Mary Jane rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Christian Families
I love this book. It is a children's book that compares the symbols of Christmas to Christ and it has darling watercolor illustrations.
  • A Christmas Dress for Ellen
  • The Paper Bag Christmas
  • You Are My Miracle
  • Mortimer's Christmas Manger
  • The 12 Days of Christmas: A Pop-Up Celebration
  • The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey [With Wooden Ornament from the Story and CD]
  • Who is Coming to Our House?
  • The Nutcracker