Start by marking “Fields Of Greens” as Want to Read:

Fields Of Greens

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  145 ratings  ·  12 reviews
437 pages
Published 1993 by Bantam

To ask other readers questions about Fields Of Greens, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fields Of Greens

The Joy of Cooking by Irma S. RombauerHow To Cook Everything by Mark BittmanBetter Homes and Gardens New Cook Book by Better Homes and GardensMastering the Art of French Cooking by Julia ChildMy Greek Traditional Cook Book 1 by Anna Othitis
Best Cookbooks
136th out of 854 books — 861 voters
Gluten Free Slow Cooker by F.L. CloverVegetarian Times Complete Cookbook by Vegetarian TimesNice Cream by Tomi MakanjuolaThe Happy Pear by David and Stephen FlynnHealthy Heart Healthy Planet by Rajiv Misquitta
Great Veg Cookbooks
13th out of 33 books — 12 voters

More lists with this book...

Margie
May 01, 2012 Margie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: food
The last time I was at Greens, Robin Williams was eating there. Apparently he eats there a lot. If I had the money, I would, too.

Greens is more than just a vegetarian restaurant. It's a wonderful eating experience, whether one is vegetarian or not. It's true that there's an emphasis on their fantastic produce, but you won't miss the meat.

I'm probably the worst person to review cookbooks, since I tend to view recipes as inspiration rather than direction. Case in point: last night I made the Palak
Melipstick
The Buttermilk Ginger Lemon Muffin recipe is fantastic. So is the ginger marinated tofu recipe, and the peanut sauce. Some of the recipes seem a little on the fancy side, and I find some of the ingredients difficult to get my hands on, but the more basic recipes are worth purchasing this book on Amazon used for $1.99.
Valerie
Aug 17, 2008 Valerie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Valerie by: Debbie
Shelves: cookbooks
This one has a wide variety of vegetarian recipes. Lately we have been making a lot of curried spinach soup with coconut milk. The children like the greens and the rice, and they love coconut milk.
Gina
Apr 26, 2010 Gina marked it as cooking
Shelves: own, vegetarian-vegan
So far:

Three Bean Salad with Jicama and Orange: Fantastic and worth the price of the book for me. I will be making this often. Used canned beans to speed it up, since it calls for three different types which must all be cooked separately.

Jicama-Orange Salad: Did a mix of oranges and grapefruit as suggested as an alternative. Might have been better with better produce. Included radishes, but I don't really care for the bitterness they added. Probably won't make again.

Corn and Bulgur Salad with C
Susan
Excellent vegetarian recipes that I return to time and time again. It expanded my repertoire even more by adding twists to the usual fare that I've been able to incorporate into other things we'd been cooking for years. For example, making our own chipoltle sauce (which stores forever) to use on quesadillas as a base (besides cheese) has made the usual kid-food something delectable!
Siberia
This is an excellent vegetarian cookbook. I've made many of the recipes over several years, and everything I've cooked has been excellent and visually appealing. The only drawback is that these recipes tend to be very time consuming, so in our house this is more a cookbook for special occasions than something for everyday use. Still excellent, though.
Megan
This is a fun book. No pictures but that's perfectly alright. I think cookbooks which are accessible to the masses contain recipes which utilize what most of us have readily on-hand but in elevated combinations which inspire. This book does that. Branch out there and try a few things. They are tasty recipes!
Sandi
I bought this book back in the 1980s after falling in love with Greens restaurant and have used it ever since. The recipes tend to be somewhat complex (though not outrageous like French Laundry Cookbook or anything) but they are ALL absolutely FABULOUS!
Linda
Love love love the lemon ice cream recipe. The Moroccan Lentil soup is perfect for cold days when you feel the need for warmth and nourishment!
A lovely vegetarian cook book if you want something spectacular and delicious.
Dioscita
We're just beginning to test the waters of this book (and are already immensely fond of the original Greens cookbook) but so far this is promising!
Nick
Oct 25, 2008 Nick rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: food
One of the few vegetarian cookbooks I've ever found worth a damn. Recipes are slightly complicated, but 100% reliable if done well.
Kelly Lack
My go-to cookbook.
Josie
Josie marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Karin
Karin added it
Aug 18, 2014
evelyn m gaines
evelyn m gaines marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014