Start by marking “Hardy Boys Complete Series Set Books 1-66 (The Hardy Boys #1-66)” as Want to Read:
Hardy Boys Complete Series Set Books 1-66 (The Hardy Boys #1-66)

Hardy Boys Complete Series Set Books 1-66 (Hardy Boys #1-66)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  3,432 ratings  ·  155 reviews
The Penguin Hardy Boys Complete Set: Available for the first time in one complete collection only at Amazon.com. The Hardy Boys have been America's favorite detective duo for over 75 years. Now, for the first time, you can purchase all sixty-six classic Hardy Boys titles in one complete set!
#1: The Tower Treasure
#2: The House on the Cliff
#3: The Secret of the Old Mill
Published October 20th 2006 by Grosset & Dunlap

To ask other readers questions about Hardy Boys Complete Series Set Books 1-66, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hardy Boys Complete Series Set Books 1-66

Tim Kruse
Sep 20, 2007 Tim Kruse rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Any guy 8 to 12 years old
Throw two over-achieving high school guys, a convertible, hot girlfriends, great buddies, and a dad who's an FBI agent in with some mysteries far beyond the scope of most professionals... what more could a young guy want? These books rock, although quite unrealistic and I think about anybody could come up with a story line...

Something mysterious happens to Frank and Joe or someone they know...

They investigate...

They get caught...

They escape...

They go do something cool, like fly an airplane...

The
Rasheed
Read and loved most of them!
Jeff
Dec 20, 2007 Jeff rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes Mystery
Great series
Laurie Carlson
I was at a Facebook party today and we were asked what our favorite childhood books were. Someone mentioned these and these were at the TOP of my childhood list! I HAD to write a review.
I LOVE these books! I think they are great for EVERY kid out there! There is nothing in these books that should prevent any child/young teen from reading them. There is no sexual content and no bad language. They are a great adventure to go on with the characters as the Hardy boy brothers solve mysteries as they
Nik Jütte
I've been a Hardy Boys fan for a pretty long time. When I first started I think I was only 10 or 11, but years later I'm still hooked on them and re-reading them. I'm actually starting my own collection, actually, of the paperbacks because my mum has the hardbacks (this set). I'm so glad that they still make these books, even now, but I'm a little nervous about when I finish the ATAC series because I've heard that in the latest series they're banned from solving mysteries. I'm not sure how that ...more
Ashley
The Hardy Boys was my favourite series (besides Harry Potter) when I was in elementary school. Now that I think about it, these books were what got me into mystery books in general. Nearly all the books I read had some sort of mystery aspect to them, and even if they didn't I would inspect the book to figure out the ending as early as possibly. I even spent most of my free time solving puzzles when I wasn't reading. I sort of became obsessed with being the best puzzle solver amongst my friends, ...more
M. Thomas Apple
I read all of these hardcovers a long time ago, well before they were a "set" on Amazon. I'm just too lazy to go listing all 66 of them separately :p I don't remember how many of the "new" paperback series I got, either, but I didn't like them as much for some reason. Maybe just because they were paperback and not HC. These are the books that made me try my hand at writing "mystery" stories when I was in later elementary and jr high.
Tuah Pengembara
Actually only several book in these series i had read..on that time ..i was in my primary school..one of those untouchable book..but it seem to have the attraction...i hope i would find again later to read yeah...one of those memorable time...
Daniel
This was the first "series" of books that I was exposed to as a kid. Discovered the Hardy Boys in 1972 and spent that whole summer consuming them daily. I spent more time in trouble that summer because chores went undone because of these books. They also kept me in ice cream! A free cone for every ten books read. I read other books that summer (Lassie, Come Home being the largest I'd read up to that time in my life), but these were pretty much my constant companion.

As I found more and more titl
Tanner
I actually read 1-60, but never finished the last 6. Dixon's writing is repetitive from book to book; it seems like each one follows the same writing structure. In comparison to modern novels, well, you can't compare the two. These books are from the 60s and are written simply and to the point. No gritty drama, violence, language or shocking plot twists; just two boys and their friends trying to solve some mysteries.

Not to discount the books too much, I have to say that I was absolutely enthrall
Ann Jessica Tan
I've always been a Hardy Boys fan! What's not to love about this series? The adventures, mysteries, plot, and of course, the characters! All of those had been well-thought! I loved it!
Ethan
Loved the Hardy boys growing up!!! Still like to pick one up now and then, but the plots have gotten a little stale...

Example 1:
Pretty much in every book Frank and Joe (and/or Chet or Tony) have a new hobby that just happens to provide the means to crack the case

Example 2: At the end of each book the bad guys revealed everything, who did what and how they pulled off the crime. Sometimes the hardy boys are the prisoners and the bad guys are bragging, and sometimes the bad guys are prisoners and
Sue
Jan 24, 2015 Sue added it
I havent actually read all 66 books but it was an easier way of listing these. They were one of my favourite books pre to early teen years. lol
David
This series is very exciting for young readers. These books have always been my favorite series, too bad there are not any more.
Count Orloff
Have only read about 33 but don't want to go through the trouble of adding every one separately.
Joshua
I think that this whole series is hair raising and intense. You should read them all.
Joanna
Such a great book series for young teens. had such a good time reading these books
Mahita
Oh.. this series by Franklyn W. Dixon, many a time, left me wishing I had the entire series with me. Unfortunately, they were a hard find and every new mystery book I found thrilled me to the core. I wish they could republish this entire series along with the Clue brother series. Well, a girl got to wish for something :)

Anyway, I thoroughly enjoy reading these little mysteries. Surprisingly, even after I read a lot of grown-up mystery thrillers, my fondness for these kid-adventures never stopped
Ravi D'souza
My brother and I read every single Hardy Boys book that was published! We loved these books as kids and I honestly believe that this series got me "into" reading. Sometimes, I would read two of these in one week because I was so obsessed with the stories.
Joshua Downer
I just want to read hardy boy books ......... please!
Antone Abbott
Awwwwww yeaaaaahhhhh freakin' Hardy Boys!
Gary Gress
Loved them all. A part of my childhood
James
Jul 30, 2008 James rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Kids!
I can't tell you how much I loved the Hardy Boys books when I was younger. I read every one the Lawrence Library in Pepperell, MA had to offer. And that was not just a few. Frank and Joe Hardy, Chet Morton, Biff Hooper, Tony Prieto and the gang were some of my best friends along the way. I always wanted to live a life with as much adventure as the Hardy Boys. I just didn't know where to start. I guess I even secretly wished some bad guys would want to get into a fist fight with me or kidnap me s ...more
Dante
Jul 11, 2014 Dante added it
very nice and love this site
Udbhav Bhargava
the best detective set
John Morrison
I have read all of these when I was young. Loved them all!!

Kimberly
I remember reading all of these as a young girl after finishing all the Nancy Drew books - I didn't want to read the 'boy' ones but I became desperate for more mysteries. :) Of course, they were great.
Mad Dog
I have all of these books. I read them in elementary school. A few of the later ones came out while I was in jr high and I read them then. Man, I have great memories of reading these books. I have dabbled in collecting these, so I own multiple editions of some of these books. Some of these books were first written in the 30s (or thereabouts), and then rewritten in the 60s (or thereabouts). I read many of these books to my kids as bedtime stories when they were young. More good memories.
William Burruss
Feb 18, 2013 William Burruss rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Children
Shelves: children
One day my son asked me to read him the Hardy Boys. When I picked it up I had no idea that I would be reading the complete series to him. Not only will I cherish this time I spent with him, I am glad that he is now an avid reader.

Books are created for different reasons. I read several of this series as a child and found the writing to be monotonous. Reading to him brought a different enjoyment, excitement, and communication. My advice to other fathers is to do it for all its worth.
  • Nancy Drew: #1-64
  • The Boxcar Children 5-8 (The Boxcar Children, #5-8)
  • Encyclopedia Brown: Boy Detective (Books 1-4)
  • The Famous Five [4 Adventures]
  • The Mystery of the Moaning Cave (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #10)
  • The Mystery of the Sinister Scarecrow (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #29)
  • The Complete Adventures of the Borrowers
  • The Hardy Boys: Undercover Brothers, #2: Identity Theft
  • Derwood, Inc
Franklin W. Dixon is the pen name used by a variety of different authors (Leslie McFarlane, a Canadian author, being the first) who wrote The Hardy Boys novels for the Stratemeyer Syndicate (now owned by Simon & Schuster). This pseudonym was also used for the Ted Scott Flying Stories series.
More about Franklin W. Dixon...

Hardy Boys (1 - 10 of 241 books)
  • The Tower Treasure (Hardy Boys, #1)
  • The House on the Cliff (Hardy Boys, #2)
  • The Secret of the Old Mill (Hardy Boys, #3)
  • The Missing Chums (Hardy Boys, #4)
  • Hunting for Hidden Gold (Hardy Boys, #5)
  • The Shore Road Mystery (Hardy Boys, #6)
  • The Secret of the Caves (Hardy Boys, #7)
  • The Mystery of Cabin Island (Hardy Boys, #8)
  • The Great Airport Mystery (Hardy Boys, #9)
  • What Happened at Midnight (Hardy Boys, #10)
The Tower Treasure (Hardy Boys, #1) The House on the Cliff (Hardy Boys, #2) The Secret of the Old Mill (Hardy Boys, #3) The Missing Chums (Hardy Boys, #4) Hunting for Hidden Gold (Hardy Boys, #5)