Start by marking “Hardy Boys Complete Series Set Books 1-66 (The Hardy Boys #1-66)” as Want to Read:
Hardy Boys Complete Series Set Books 1-66 (The Hardy Boys #1-66)

Hardy Boys Complete Series Set Books 1-66 (The Hardy Boys #1-66)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  3,085 ratings  ·  144 reviews
The Penguin Hardy Boys Complete Set: Available for the first time in one complete collection only at Amazon.com. The Hardy Boys have been America's favorite detective duo for over 75 years. Now, for the first time, you can purchase all sixty-six classic Hardy Boys titles in one complete set!
#1: The Tower Treasure
#2: The House on the Cliff
#3: The Secret of the Old Mill
Published October 20th 2006 by Grosset & Dunlap

To ask other readers questions about Hardy Boys Complete Series Set Books 1-66, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hardy Boys Complete Series Set Books 1-66

Charlotte's Web by E.B. WhiteThe Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson BurnettThe Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. LewisAnne of Green Gables by L.M. MontgomeryLittle Women by Louisa May Alcott
Favorite books from my childhood
414th out of 3,084 books — 5,858 voters
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingLittle House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls WilderCharlotte's Web by E.B. WhiteThe Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. LewisTwilight by Stephenie Meyer
What Book Got You Hooked?
292nd out of 2,793 books — 7,560 voters

More lists with this book...

Tim Kruse
Sep 20, 2007 Tim Kruse rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Any guy 8 to 12 years old
Throw two over-achieving high school guys, a convertible, hot girlfriends, great buddies, and a dad who's an FBI agent in with some mysteries far beyond the scope of most professionals... what more could a young guy want? These books rock, although quite unrealistic and I think about anybody could come up with a story line...

Something mysterious happens to Frank and Joe or someone they know...

They investigate...

They get caught...

They escape...

They go do something cool, like fly an airplane...

The
Rasheed
Read and loved most of them!
Jeff
Dec 20, 2007 Jeff rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes Mystery
Great series
Laurie Carlson
I was at a Facebook party today and we were asked what our favorite childhood books were. Someone mentioned these and these were at the TOP of my childhood list! I HAD to write a review.
I LOVE these books! I think they are great for EVERY kid out there! There is nothing in these books that should prevent any child/young teen from reading them. There is no sexual content and no bad language. They are a great adventure to go on with the characters as the Hardy boy brothers solve mysteries as they
Mohd Farid Yunos
Actually only several book in these series i had read..on that time ..i was in my primary school..one of those untouchable book..but it seem to have the attraction...i hope i would find again later to read yeah...one of those memorable time...
Daniel
This was the first "series" of books that I was exposed to as a kid. Discovered the Hardy Boys in 1972 and spent that whole summer consuming them daily. I spent more time in trouble that summer because chores went undone because of these books. They also kept me in ice cream! A free cone for every ten books read. I read other books that summer (Lassie, Come Home being the largest I'd read up to that time in my life), but these were pretty much my constant companion.

As I found more and more titl
Tanner
I actually read 1-60, but never finished the last 6. Dixon's writing is repetitive from book to book; it seems like each one follows the same writing structure. In comparison to modern novels, well, you can't compare the two. These books are from the 60s and are written simply and to the point. No gritty drama, violence, language or shocking plot twists; just two boys and their friends trying to solve some mysteries.

Not to discount the books too much, I have to say that I was absolutely enthrall
Ethan
Loved the Hardy boys growing up!!! Still like to pick one up now and then, but the plots have gotten a little stale...

Example 1:
Pretty much in every book Frank and Joe (and/or Chet or Tony) have a new hobby that just happens to provide the means to crack the case

Example 2: At the end of each book the bad guys revealed everything, who did what and how they pulled off the crime. Sometimes the hardy boys are the prisoners and the bad guys are bragging, and sometimes the bad guys are prisoners and
David
This series is very exciting for young readers. These books have always been my favorite series, too bad there are not any more.
Count Orloff
Have only read about 33 but don't want to go through the trouble of adding every one separately.
Mahita
Oh.. this series by Franklyn W. Dixon, many a time, left me wishing I had the entire series with me. Unfortunately, they were a hard find and every new mystery book I found thrilled me to the core. I wish they could republish this entire series along with the Clue brother series. Well, a girl got to wish for something :)

Anyway, I thoroughly enjoy reading these little mysteries. Surprisingly, even after I read a lot of grown-up mystery thrillers, my fondness for these kid-adventures never stopped
Ravi D'souza
My brother and I read every single Hardy Boys book that was published! We loved these books as kids and I honestly believe that this series got me "into" reading. Sometimes, I would read two of these in one week because I was so obsessed with the stories.
James
Jul 30, 2008 James rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Kids!
I can't tell you how much I loved the Hardy Boys books when I was younger. I read every one the Lawrence Library in Pepperell, MA had to offer. And that was not just a few. Frank and Joe Hardy, Chet Morton, Biff Hooper, Tony Prieto and the gang were some of my best friends along the way. I always wanted to live a life with as much adventure as the Hardy Boys. I just didn't know where to start. I guess I even secretly wished some bad guys would want to get into a fist fight with me or kidnap me s ...more
Dante
Jul 11, 2014 Dante added it
very nice and love this site
Kimberly
I remember reading all of these as a young girl after finishing all the Nancy Drew books - I didn't want to read the 'boy' ones but I became desperate for more mysteries. :) Of course, they were great.
Mad Dog
I have all of these books. I read them in elementary school. A few of the later ones came out while I was in jr high and I read them then. Man, I have great memories of reading these books. I have dabbled in collecting these, so I own multiple editions of some of these books. Some of these books were first written in the 30s (or thereabouts), and then rewritten in the 60s (or thereabouts). I read many of these books to my kids as bedtime stories when they were young. More good memories.
William Burruss
Feb 18, 2013 William Burruss rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Children
Shelves: children
One day my son asked me to read him the Hardy Boys. When I picked it up I had no idea that I would be reading the complete series to him. Not only will I cherish this time I spent with him, I am glad that he is now an avid reader.

Books are created for different reasons. I read several of this series as a child and found the writing to be monotonous. Reading to him brought a different enjoyment, excitement, and communication. My advice to other fathers is to do it for all its worth.
Nicholas Seders
As an elementary aged child, I tore through the Hardy Boys books! It was the first series on which I got hooked, and one of the primary influences on my love for literature at an early age. Though I did own all 66 books, I never finished them all; however, I did read the first 11 installments in order, and skipped around the others thereafter. As one of my fondest childhood memories, I could not resist rating the Hardy Boys series on Goodreads!
Theo kids
The mystery solving brothers are honorable, clever, and respectful to adults. A mother's dream series! Interesting stories neatly solved by the Boys still allow the reader enough imagination to conjecture who-dun-it along with them. Since the boys are older (high school), but written for younger readers, they will either serve as role-model characters, or your readers will lose interest. So far, Troy is interested and impressed!
Paul
Jan 25, 2014 Paul added it
As a kid growing up, this series was awesome!
Kevin
I own and have read at least twice all 66 of these books. I started reading them in grade school and have been a fan of the Hardy Boys ever since. I remember enjoying reading them the first time, and I still sometimes feel the urge to read them again now and then. Even years later, I still enjoy reading these books. They will always hold a special place in my heart as they were the books that made me love to read.
Melody
As an elementary schooler, I was absolutely enthralled by these. Two teenagers with no adult help (well, they borrowed their Dad's employees Sam Radley and Jack Wayne quite a bit)solving crime, riding in a jalopy, and unearthing corruption is a fun read. I recently reread a few and wasn't quite as fascinated. This is not great literature but can definitely be a gateway to better mysteries.
Gary
I happen to own the whole series except for a couple that "friends" borrowed and never returned.

The series help to make me a reader. I couldn't wait for birthdays and Christmas because I always knew that in one of the packages would be a Hardy Boys book that I had not read.

I've got the series but no son's to pass it on to. My daughters are just not that interested.... sad...
Donald Powell
Loved these when I was young
Jonathan
This is a must-read series for any mystery lover! Frank and Joe Hardy are two ordinary teens--except for the fact that, with the DNA of Fenton Hardy, private investigator, they can solve any mystery that you could think up! Prepare to be dazzled by the great storyline, cliffhanging suspense, and mysteries solved. Absolutely wonderful!
Jessica
I began reading The Hardy Boys series when I was about 8 years old. I couldn't get enough of the stories and enjoyed a book a day during Summer vacation. This series is truly a wholesome and creative book that will provide any child with the curiousity and desire to read more books. One of the best series for young readers.
Matthew Farrell
My father read these books to my brother and I as bedtime stories when we were growing up. We only made it to around book 45, but what great memories I have of listening to my dad read them. They are exciting stories for young boys and were single-handedly responsible for developing my love of reading.
Maryana
I grew up on the Hardy Boys. It is still, in my opinion, a reliable, entertaining series that can expand one's general knowledge in a thrilling way. At the same time the books do encourage thinking in the way that only juicy mysteries can. And of course, the characters are memorable and familiar.
Jonathan
Went through the complete series the summer of 2nd grade. Good memories. "Chet", "jalopie", and punching people in the solar plexus still stick with me to this day.

Good for wee kids, if you haven't outgrown these by the age of 10 you need to ratchet up your reading comprehension.
Eirin
Obviously not read ALL of them, but I'll be damned if I can remember which I read. So a boxset seemed appropriate, as I read a lot of them. They were quite good, but the reason I stopped reading them was because they were quite formulaic, and I just got too old for them.
  • Nancy Drew: #1-64
  • Encyclopedia Brown: Boy Detective (Books 1-4)
  • The Boxcar Children 5-8 (The Boxcar Children, #5-8)
  • The Famous Five Series
  • The Mystery of the Dead Man's Riddle (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #22)
  • The Complete Adventures of the Borrowers
  • The Mystery of the Sinister Scarecrow (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #29)
  • The Mystery of the Coughing Dragon (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators #14)
Franklin W. Dixon is the pen name used by a variety of different authors (Leslie McFarlane, a Canadian author, being the first) who wrote The Hardy Boys novels for the Stratemeyer Syndicate (now owned by Simon & Schuster). This pseudonym was also used for the Ted Scott Flying Stories series.
More about Franklin W. Dixon...
The Tower Treasure (Hardy Boys, #1) The House on the Cliff (Hardy Boys, #2) The Secret of the Old Mill (Hardy Boys, #3) The Missing Chums (Hardy Boys, #4) Hunting for Hidden Gold (Hardy Boys, #5)