Start by marking “Kept” as Want to Read:
Kept

Kept

2.85 of 5 stars 2.85  ·  rating details  ·  13 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Inspired by the author's own life, kept is the story of Savannah May Lovely, a precocious young lady who rises from poverty to become a glamorous kept woman. Spanning four decades of Savannah's life, this debut novel traces the psychological and emotional damages, and dramas, that she must overcome to rise above her situation. Beginning with her difficult childhood, reader ...more
Published May 15th 2012 by Brio Press

To ask other readers questions about Kept, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kept

Marsha Altman
I feel kind of bad being the first reviewer here and I got this book as a gift so I should be more gracious, but this just awful material. The cover is awesome, the title is intriguing, but it's actually about a really immature and unlikable woman who manipulates everyone she meets into getting what she wants and is genuinely surprised to find out that there are negative repercussions to her actions even though she repeats the cycle several times with several different guys. If I got this book a ...more
Amanda
I am honestly not sure why I finished this book. It was not well written or edited (road = rode) and the main character was a selfish person that I was completely unable to connect with.
Kats
This is the story of how a woman learns the value of herself as a commodity to be traded for that which she most wants - money, a home, a car, security, stability, etc. It is an interesting premise and I had hoped that it would make for a compelling read. I found the treatment of the subject too superficial and the storyline too vapid and immature for my tastes. I struggled to find a character to like or root for.
Parker
I was pleasantly surprised. This was an engaging story. I actually could not put it down. Yes. The main character manipulates every man she comes across, but she evolves and being kept becomes a bad yet financially rewarding choice. I loved the character. Loved the writing/narration. I suspect we will see more. Not all books are for everyone. Read it for yourselves!
Donna
This book was so much more believable than the 50 Shades series. Savannah is witty and street smart. I loved the characters and settings and found myself wanting to know more at the end of the book - always a good sign. Can't wait for the next one!
Pavarti Tyler
I frogged this one, I'm not in an emotional place to read this. It was interesting though.
Anino
Anino marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2014
Annaca
Annaca marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2013
Lillian
Lillian marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2013
Erica Brown
Erica Brown marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2013
Michelle Dean
Michelle Dean marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2013
Megan
Megan added it
Dec 12, 2012
Savonna
Savonna marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2012
Alyssa Gregory
Alyssa Gregory marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2012