Start by marking “The Complete Cook's Country TV Show Cookbook: Every Recipe, Every Ingredient Testing, and Every Equipment Rating from the Hit TV Show” as Want to Read:

All five seasons of Cook's Country from America's Test Kitchen, the cooking show with 1.7 million viewers per week, are united into one companion cookbook that includes every recipe (200 in all) from every show and an expanded shopping guide. The energetic, colorful, retro design connects the book to the television show.
Published September 1st 2012 by America's Test Kitchen (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Complete Cook's Country TV Show Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Complete Cook's Country TV Show Cookbook

Leona
Feb 03, 2015 Leona rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cooking
Another great cookbook.

This has become my "go to" cookbook, when I want to make something special, yet simple, for company. It's a lot less heavier in weight than their other cookbooks, so it is very handy to leave on the shelf in the kitchen. Though, I am a huge fan of America's Test Kitchens, their cookbooks tend to be extremely heavy since they are chalk full of cooking advise. They are actually cookbooks you can read for the simple enjoyment of reading!
Joyce
Oct 28, 2014 Joyce rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a fun cookbook. The chicken tacos, the grilled lemon chicken & the skillet peach cobbler came out just wonderful & looking just like the pictures. I wouldn't mind cooking this book from cover to cover. What you see is what you get. Christopher Kimball and team you've done an outstanding job. I'll be cooking from this one for a long time to come. OK, just had to add the gumbo, really good, took a few hours to put it all together, but it's a keeper.
KC
Oct 16, 2016 KC rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, cookbook
Anything by America's Test Kitchen, Cook's Illustrated, or Cook's Country is well worth reading!
Debby
Mar 08, 2015 Debby rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
I have made and blogged so many of Cook's Country and Cook's Illustrated's recipes. They have, yet, to fail me. I downloaded the kindle version of this book, and I'm seeing quite a few of the recipes I've already made. Last night, I made the Huli Huli chicken (and bogged it) for the second time. The chicken is moist and the sauce is sticky, sweet with heat for chili garlic sauce. There are plenty of retro recipes for roast beef (several different ways) and classics such as Salisbury steaks. The ...more
Cory
Feb 08, 2016 Cory rated it liked it
Shelves: cooking
Nice to run across a few recipes I'd seen on the show & thought I'd try - especially the tater tots. I'm a big fan of the attitude of "here's dishes you know, now lets make them better", as well as reviving updating recipes that were popular in the past, like chicken florentine. However, the collection was far too meat-heavy for me, as I'm eating almost entirely vegetarian, and some of the options weren't very inspiring (I already have a vegetarian lasagna recipe, thanks, and it's better ...more
Lauren
I enjoy the show a lot and learn a lot from both the show and the book. This is very good to have when you want to try the recipe after watching it. Chris and the others know what they're doing and do a wonderful job at it! I love the equipment ratings too because there are some items I want and it's nice that there is someone out there who has tested it and found what didn't work so i don't have to spend my money on something that won't work properly.
Chi Dubinski
Oct 11, 2013 Chi Dubinski rated it really liked it
All the recipes from five years of the television show. The emphasis is on large chunks of meat, and more deep frying than many people probably do these days. Only a couple of vegetable recipes. Also included are the top kitchen gadgets that were tested and the results of the taste tests from the show. Fans of the show will love this book.
Debbie
Dec 07, 2015 Debbie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks-i-own
I love that there are pictures of every recipe and the directions are what you would expect from the Test Kitchen group. I like the extensive ingredient brand suggestion list as well as the cooking implement suggestions. The food history insets make this cookbook a step above many.
I think I was expecting more exciting recipes, but these are classics done well and that's OK too.
Nupur
May 29, 2015 Nupur rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Meat-heavy cookbook and many deep-fried recipes that I don't care for but I still found many recipes that I'd like to try.

Macaroni and cheese with tomatoes
Memphis chopped coleslaw

Peaches and cream pie
Banana pudding
Kristal
Jun 03, 2016 Kristal rated it liked it
This book had a lot of good recipes. I wish that there wasn't so many repeats of ideas. Like there are three or four types of potato salads. I think it would have been easier to have a page with a chart that said something like if you want to add this ingredient, then also add this. Same with the "different" bbq recipes. Changing the cola to cherry cola doesn't required a whole new recipe.
Kym
Jan 25, 2016 Kym rated it really liked it
Each recipe includes a photo which is nice to have in a cookbook. These recipes are regional American fare and look quite enticing. This is a good resource for those who love comfort foods made with fresh ingredients.
Carla
Feb 07, 2013 Carla rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookery
One of the better-designed cookebooks I've found.Yummy recipes, clear directions and photos of each dish on the facing page, along with a comment about why the recipe works. Cabbage apple slaw-delish!
The only quibble-not a lot of vegetable recipes. Throw those in it'd be a 5.
Carol
Aug 20, 2013 Carol rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Cook 's Country. The book is chock full of great tips and pointers. I like that it tells you "why this recipe works," because sometimes I am tempted to tweak a recipe and I know better with CC's recipes.
Kathy
Sep 25, 2012 Kathy rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Fun homey recipes. Includes notes on ways to avoid problems. Ingredient and equipment ratings very useful
Lenore
Sep 21, 2014 Lenore rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great reference for the kitchen. Looking forward to trying out a lot of these recipes with my family.
Heydi Smith
Oct 22, 2014 Heydi Smith rated it liked it
Shelves: adult-non-fic
This cookbook is the best of the best recipes from the TV show. I'm such a fan that this book is a must. I do wish there was more illustrated step by step.
Julie
Nov 05, 2012 Julie rated it did not like it
Good for equipment reviews. Otherwise almost every recipe is contained in another cookbook (Cook's Country, Slow Cooker Revolution, Best of series).
Sunnee Terrell
Sunnee Terrell rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2015
Lisa Rothman
Lisa Rothman rated it liked it
Dec 21, 2014
Debbie
Debbie rated it liked it
Mar 11, 2014
Gina
Gina rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2015
Marilyn Berger
Marilyn Berger rated it really liked it
Apr 23, 2015
Amy Wels
Amy Wels rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2015
Molly Morgan
Molly Morgan rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2015
Haris Nugroho
Haris Nugroho rated it it was amazing
Dec 04, 2016
Jill Christopher
Jill Christopher rated it really liked it
Oct 01, 2016
Dzook
Dzook rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2015
Jared Geiger
Jared Geiger rated it it was amazing
Nov 29, 2016
Kim Riffle
Kim Riffle rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2016
Theresa Brown
Theresa Brown rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2016
  • Baking Chez Moi: Recipes from My Paris Home to Your Home Anywhere
  • Old-School Comfort Food: The Way I Learned to Cook
  • Southern Biscuits
  • This is a Cookbook: Recipes For Real Life
  • Happy Cooking: Giada's Recipes and Tips for Making Every Meal Count...Without Stressing You Out
  • Great British Bake Off: Big Book of Baking
  • The Kimchi Chronicles: Korean Cooking for an American Kitchen
  • Saveur: The New Classics Cookbook: More than 1,000 of the world's best recipes for today's kitchen
  • The Nordic Cookbook
  • How to Cook Everything Fast: A Better Way to Cook Great Food
  • Louisiana Real and Rustic
  • The Dahlia Bakery Cookbook: Sweetness in Seattle
  • The Cook's Illustrated Baking Book
  • Good Eats: The Later Years
  • Back in the Day Bakery Made with Love: More than 100 Recipes and Make-It-Yourself Projects to Create and Share