Start by marking “Dinosaur Pet [With CD (Audio)]” as Want to Read:
Dinosaur Pet [With CD (Audio)]

Dinosaur Pet [With CD (Audio)]

3.74  ·  Rating Details  ·  82 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Published May 1st 2012 by Imagine (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Dinosaur Pet [With CD (Audio)], please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dinosaur Pet [With CD (Audio)]

Lori Reed
If your child is a fan of dinosaurs he or she will love Dinosaur Pet With CD (Audio) . Sung to the tune of "Calendar Girl" Dinosaur Pet With CD (Audio) is a sing aloud book rather than read aloud. The boy in the story brings a dinosaur egg home and each month of the year we go through the challenges of raising a growing dinosaur as a pet. Every few months we sing the chorus of:
I love, I love, I love
My dinosaur pet
Yeah, sweet dinosaur pet
I love, I love, I love
My dinosaur pet
Each and every day of
Angela Hutchinson
This book is about a little boy describing how his pet dinosaur grows each month. The illustrations in this book cute and eye catching for children. This would be a great book to help introduce the months of the year to kindergarten students or a fun review for first/second graders. This book also came with a CD consisting of three stories that can be used for fun or even students that have difficulty with reading.
Patty
Jun 19, 2012 Patty rated it it was amazing
I thought this book was cute. I would definately use the audio cd with the book. I love how the music for Calendar Girl can be used for anything, commercials, books, etc. The illustrations were bright and kid friendly. Who doesn't love a dinosaur book. I think you have to like Sedaka's music to enjoy it. The previous reviewer didn't, I'm thinking they might not be a Sedaka fan. Good for me, I am.

The book is short, yes, but when played with the cd it is very enjoyable. I also enjoyed the other 2
Maria
May 10, 2015 Maria rated it it was amazing
When kids love it, teachers love it even more.
Sara
Dec 29, 2013 Sara rated it it was amazing
Dinosaur Pet by Marc Sedaka and Tim Bowers is a rewrite of Neil Sedaka's classic song Calendar Girl. Each month of the year as is related to a growing dinosaur pet.

This is a fun book that my students love to hear again and again and sing along with from the start. The music is peppy and fun.

I recommend this book for kids 3-8
Nancy (NE)
Aug 04, 2012 Nancy (NE) rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens-music
Neil Sedaka has written a couple of books in honor of his grandparent status. Waking Up Is Hard To Do is the other. Clever redo of the original lyrics. I don't categorize this in my music books, but as a picture book that happens to be set to song.
Lara
Cute story and illustrations, and I totally had the song stuck in my head allllll daaaaaay loooooong after reading it (it's to the tune of Calendar Girl). There are two other songs on the accompanying CD as well. Fun stuff, and should be a hit with little dino fans...
Sandi
Charm, humor, fantastic illustrations and a sing-song text make this one a winner. For anyone who likes to giggle or who loves dragons...or is just looking for a fun, silly read, this book is for you! :)
Read  Ribbet
After Waking Up Is Hard to Do, Sedaka has brought out Dinosaur Pet. Anothr great song parody book which also intriduces each of the months of the year. Plus itcomeswith a CD of three songs.
Christine
Jun 18, 2012 Christine rated it did not like it
This book is so dumb. Why was this on the New York Times Bestseller List? The cd doesn't help at all, in fact, it might even make it worse.
The Styling Librarian
Doggone accompanying song will NOT leave my head. Terrific book for month by month picture book example.
Aug 03, 2012 Sarah rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: an-imagine-book
Highly textured painting (acrylic?)
Some of the text seemed a little forced to work with the song.
Amy
Aug 28, 2012 Amy rated it it was amazing
This book is so cute. Get it with the Cd so you can get neil's song too.
Jess
Feb 15, 2013 Jess rated it it was ok
Shelves: pet, dinosaurs, songs, 2013, months
Probably would have liked it better if I heard the song.
Kendra
Jun 06, 2013 Kendra rated it really liked it
Great one to sing and dance to in storytime!
Teacher.
Sep 11, 2012 Teacher. rated it liked it
Cute song and book companion.
Trisan
Oct 02, 2013 Trisan rated it liked it
Shelves: child-2
Definitely read with the music. Fun!
Anne
May 29, 2012 Anne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dinosaurs
Way too catchy of a song. Crap.
PWRL
Apr 10, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2013-new
A
Adrienne
Adrienne rated it really liked it
Jul 25, 2016
Amy Alexander
Amy Alexander marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2016
Chaplain2
Chaplain2 rated it it was amazing
Jun 11, 2016
Margo Jantzi
Margo Jantzi rated it it was amazing
May 26, 2016
Suzy
Suzy rated it really liked it
Mar 12, 2016
Stephen Taras
Stephen Taras rated it it was amazing
Mar 07, 2016
Brad Hoffman
Brad Hoffman rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2016