Next Summer (Summer Boys, #2)

Next Summer (Summer Boys #2)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  2,358 ratings  ·  76 reviews
Things are heating up again. Can you handle it?

The SUMMER BOYS girls are back for another dose of sizzling drama. Will soul mates Beth and George be able to maintain their long-distance love affair, even while another boy is catching Beth's eye? Will reformed bad girl Ella REALLY be able to suppress her wild ways? And can shy, smart Kelsi open herself up to love again, eve
Published June 1st 2005 by Scholastic Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Next Summer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Next Summer

The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny HanThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsAnna and the French Kiss by Stephanie PerkinsIt's Not Summer Without You by Jenny HanThe Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares
Summer Break Books for YA
80th out of 500 books — 413 voters
The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny HanA Midsummer Night's Dream by William ShakespeareIt's Not Summer Without You by Jenny HanThat Summer by Sarah DessenWe'll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han
Books with the word summer in their titles
33rd out of 153 books — 59 voters

More lists with this book...

Genesis
I read summer boys to : Next summer Summer as an ir book. Beth wants to spend this summer with her boyfriend George. Yet he has a summer job as a painter. This makes Beth really upset. And since George will be out of Beth's site, she will have to spend this summer with her 2 cousins Kelsi and Ella on Pebble Beach. Will Geogre cheat on her or will Beth cheat on him with a cute life guard who's been flirting with her since she has arrived in Pebble Beach.

My text-to-self connection is that last yea...more
Alicia Lotto
In the book Next summer by Hailey Abbott there is more scandalous moments. More drama. More romance. More dating. This book has it all! I’m starting to really like this series and I’m excited to read the next book!

In this book the girls are back and the boys are cuter than ever! This summer is a brand new one for Ella, Kelsi, and Beth. Poor Jaime is off at a writing camp. George (Beth's boy friend) has a summer job as a painter.

Beth is back at pebble beach with the girls and she misses Georg...more
Jess Michaelangelo
I read this book all in one go--it was that good. I actually liked this book a lot more than the first one, to tell the truth. Along the way, I found myself relating to each girl in one way or another, which made this book all the more enjoyable for me. And, this time around, the girls seem a lot closer than they did before. Besides that, this book was a lot more scandalous than the first one, and I couldn't bring myself to put this book down! This summer, each of the girls is more daring than t...more
Tiny Pants
This book was a world of pain right from page one. If you haven't read the first book, there is no finding your way through it, as nothing is ever described -- the setting, the characters, even that staple of YA fiction, the clothing -- unless these girls can make out with it. Hence, we do get descriptions of the "Summer Boys" of the title, but precious little else. It makes the Katherine Applegate series that was actually retitled "Making Out" (originally "Boyfriends/Girlfriends") seem deep by...more
Vanessa
Katie
This book was just as good as the first. Again best to read it during the summer but its entertaining any time of the year.
Ofelia Navarro
Sep 28, 2007 Ofelia Navarro rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: the youth
Learned how life can be a surprise and don't take advantage of it.
Kathy m
Nov 10, 2007 Kathy m rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: teen girls
so cute! lots of drama... a teen love story
Patricia
This summer is a whole new summer for Ella, Kelsi, and Beth. Jaime is off at a writing camp and George is working. Beth loves George and she knows it. But she starts having feelings for the lifeguard that keeps flirting with her. Ella is like for that right guy that could be "the one" so no more wild Ella all over all the guys. Kelsi is falling for Tim, but she feels he isn't her type. In Pebble Beach. External Conflict: Kelsi and Ella. Kelsi finds out about Ella sleeping with her boyfriend las...more
Paige Bradish
I bought Next Summer by Hailey Abbott and I am writing an honest review.

Next Summer is the second in the Summer Boys saga by Hailey Abbott, and since it is the second book I am not going to tell you what the book is about because there were a lot of spoilers. I will tell you about the characters though.

All of the characters are obviously returning characters, the main characters are sisters Ella, and Kelsi, and then their cousin Beth. The sub characters are George (I can’t tell you his role in...more
Katie
(summary at the end if you want to skip randomness)Love it! I just finished Next Summer by Hailey Abbott in one day. Not to say it was an easy read though cuz it took me the whole day straight. Never put it down besides when my teacher told me to. :) I'm glad Peter wasn't in this book a lot. And Adam was like taking George away from Beth. I'm so glad for Ella to find The One. I don't think Tim is the right one for Kelsi though. I'm glad there's a next one though because Beth is made for George...more
Heather Hampsey
I enjoyed this book. I felt the summer rushed through faster than the first one. However I liked that we saw more of kelsi in this book, but I feel like Jamie has completely disappeared.

Beth... Ugh... I know she said she felt she lost who she was when she got with George, but she was barely gone a month before she started liking someone else, as much as that annoyed me... It resembled teenage love perfectly.

Ella... I love her character... I am glad everything is out in the open, but I felt eve...more
Tiffanie
Part 2 to this series picks up with Beth and George still together after ending the previous summer realizing they needed to be together. Their getting ready to take their annual trip to pebble beach but George is unable to come this summer due to taking a job at MIT.

Ella still has not told her sister Kelsi about what happened with Peter last summer. She's determined to make this summer about finding a boyfriend she likes one who is sweet and committed like Beth's boyfriend George.

Jamie is not...more
Amy
I think I figured out why this series is just ok to me. The 4 main characters who are cousins are just not very likable. Book two was another summer of hooking up with boys and major drama. That would have been ok with me because i like reading about drama, but i just can't connect with the girls. I'm not sure if it is Abbott's plan to show them as completely self involved in the first 2 books of the series and then have them mature in the last two. I'll probably tackle the last two books just t...more
Valentina Arditi Rocha
This is a good book! It was well written and the story was very intresting
Luz
Jun 29, 2009 Luz rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: People who like romance
Recommended to Luz by: No One
This book is the second book in the series of Summer Boys by Hailey Abbott. It is about the three Tuttle cousins Kelsi, Ella, and Beth on vacation in their family cottages in Maine. There, they deal wit Summer flings, real relationships, and figuring out what they truly wanted during the Summer. I really liked this book because it has romance that can actually happen to any everyday, normal person. I also liked the book because it was funny and showed you what 3 different girls went through in t...more
Pamela Hubbard
This book takes place the summer after "Summer Boys" and follows the Tuttle cousins as they continue to look for love. Beth and George hit some rocky spots, Ella tries to transform her flirty/slutty ways and Kelsi tries to find a guy who isn't only after one thing. Lots of drama!
This book only mentioned Jamie in passing, and the focus was mostly on Ella (who is the most annoying character). The story was pretty much exactly like the first book, just with different boys. A quick two hour read, bu...more
Loryn
I hadn't read the first one, so this was my intro to the series. I thought it was quick and easy, entertaining and fun. Just about 3 girls who spent the summer at the beach, and the boys they meet. Self explanatory! But it was intriguing and I liked Ella the best, though I think she was the farthest away from real life, but the most dramatic and fun. I didn't like the end with Beth's story just because it was played way too nonchalantly for my taste, but that's teen fic for ya! Enjoyable and eas...more
Camryn
Another cute summer read.
Meaghan
average - these teenage girls really know how to get in trouble!
Pamela
I really liked it. It was a good continuation of the series and I liked how instead of Jamie, Kelsi got her own little spotlight this time. The plot line with the guys was so good, a little predictable, but at the same time you were on the edge thinking "Wait, maybe it won't happen like that." Great story.
Erika Welch
Next summer is the seguel to the book Summer Boys. This was an amazing book that was all about love and romance and really had me surprized at the end. I honestly couldn't put the book down with out picking it back up within the next 5 minutes.
Ronda Wingo
Okay, so it's good enough of a story that I'm going to read the whole series, but the writing isn't good. There's parts where I'm just like really? really?! But the story is good enough that I want to know what happens to the characters.
Stephanie
This had me screaming BETHY LOVES GEORGE!!!!!
I <3 this book!!
I love the summer romance with a twist even if I'm not into watching drama but I love reading it!! ;D i will most definitely continue this series!!
I haven't read the first book yet but I manage to catch on. I thought for sure Beth was going to go with Adam instead of George but I guess not. The book was really good and I can't wait to read the others.
Sawyer
Aug 07, 2010 Sawyer rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: pre-teens
Shelves: girly
Like the first one in the series, I recommend this book for pre-teens/early teens or if you really like gossip. This book really kept me hooked. Took me a day to read over the summer a few years back.
Mella
Again, a pretty good quick read. This time I LOVED Kelsi's story and actually thought Ella's was pretty good too. Beth's was kind of annoying but it got better. Overall, a nice easy read.
Bronwyn
Cute book and an easy read. The characters were not overly developed and the storyline was predictable, but for mindless summer fun it was definitely at least somewhat engrossing.
Devin
I liked this. This showed what love can do to someone, and you just have to stick it out by not doing the bad stuff,(having a one night stand) and just living your life day by day.
Basia Piekarski
Liked this one much better than the first. The girls seemed closer and the drama was more interesting as well as more believable. Fun read, excited to read the next one.
SPSV Mrs. Rodgers...: Nicole Nino 1 6 Sep 27, 2011 09:25PM
  • Rich Boys (Island Summer, #2)
  • Tan Lines: Sand, Surf, and Secrets; Rays, Romance, and Rivalry; Beaches, Boys, and Betrayal
  • South Beach (Alexa & Holly, #1)
  • Cruel Summer (Fast Girls, Hot Boys, #1)
  • Meet Me at the Boardwalk
  • Crazy Hot (The Au Pairs, #4)
  • Fireworks (Four Summer Stories)
  • Summer of Love (The Principles of Love, #5)
  • Back in Black (A-List, #5)
  • Maine Squeeze
  • The Summer of Sneaking Out (Summer, #2)
  • Lost Summer
  • Adored (It Girl, #8)
Hailey Abbott grew up in Southern California, where she split her time between creative writing and creative beaching. She is the author of Summer Boys, Next Summer: A Summer Boys Novel, The Bridesmaid, Getting Lost with Boys, and The Secrets of Boys. Hailey now lives in New York City.

Her first book was Summer Boys, published in 2004, the first of a series. It was described as "escapist beach rea...more
More about Hailey Abbott...
Summer Boys (Summer Boys, #1) The Other Boy Getting Lost with Boys Flirting with Boys Forbidden Boy