Start by marking “The Do-Over” as Want to Read:
The Do-Over

The Do-Over

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating Details  ·  8 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Kimberly Ann “Kiki” Kinsler is a twenty-one year-old college student excited to be returning home to Portland, Oregon for summer break and eager to see her family. Instead of the happy homecoming that she anticipates, Kiki’s world is upended by an unimaginable tragedy. Her parents and younger sister are dead, victims of Little Mo Biggs, a tragically accidental monster, him ...more
Published April 9th 2012 by CreateSpace/Old Dog Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Do-Over, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Do-Over

Mayara Arend
Aug 13, 2012 Mayara Arend rated it really liked it
May I say I'm in awe?

I just finished "The Do-Over" by Andrew Hessel and, well, it's been a while since I stopped what I had to do and did what I wanted to do: write this review. It's been a while since I finished a book by wasting one good hour of much needed sleep and then spent another 30 minutes laying awake thinking of it. It's been a while since I last ran to the computer to write a review.

That's not to say I didn't absolutelly love the books I finished reading before this one. That's just
Julie
Sep 01, 2012 Julie rated it liked it
I received this book from the author, with a request for review.

The story is better than the writing. I experienced confusion with the first paragraph of the first chapter, where the sentence structure makes it sound like Kiki's younger sister butchered Kiki. In fact, she butchered Kiki's name. I had to read it a couple times before it made sense because I had difficulty figuring out how an entire book about Kiki was going to work if Kiki had been killed by her younger sister!

The story itself is
Nic
Jul 17, 2012 Nic rated it really liked it
Kiki Kingsler could never have been prepared for the events that unravelled themselves when she arrived home. Finding her parents and sister dead and barely escaping with her life felt like she had been through hell and back. Things like this only happened to other people not yourself! But they did, and soon she is offered a second chance. A Do-Over if you will... With the help of a few friends, Kiki is prepared to go back 31 years in the past and fix the problem at it's root!

The Do-Over was
Henk-Jan van der Klis
Jun 20, 2012 Henk-Jan van der Klis rated it really liked it
I think everyone wants a second chance every once in a while, to do things differently then when we first got the chance. I know, I would occasionally. The Do-Over is about Kimberly Ann Kessler, also known as Kiki Kessler. Kiki is studying at college, together with her friend Jenna and also shares an apartment with her.
By chance, she returns home for the holidays a day late. She comes home, and finds her family murdered by Morris Biggs jr, also known as Little Mo. In fact, Little Mo also attacks
iamjenai
Aug 18, 2012 iamjenai rated it really liked it
I find the first quarter of the book slow. I could not easily get into it because too much information is revealed about Kiki's family and Little Mo's tragic life. That's my problem with reading a book not in first person pov. I easily get bored seeing long paragraphs.

The story picked up when Kiki is preparing to travel into the past, and I very much enjoyed reading facts about the 80's. I'm sure Mr. Hessel had fun writing this. It was really fun to read things about it, simple life, not much c
Susan
May 28, 2012 Susan rated it it was amazing
My brother wrote this book so perhaps I'm a tad prejudiced, but it is really a page turner that you really should read. It also is a book that is empowering for women – especially young women. And, it has universal themes about resilience, redemption and courage.
Diane Thorsen
Sep 15, 2012 Diane Thorsen rated it really liked it

Enjoyed so much, love to read a great book by an author that I actually know. Thank you sue's brother! I am very impressed!
Diana Larson
Diana Larson rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2013
Derek Anhorn
Derek Anhorn marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2013
Salome Wilde
Salome Wilde marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2013
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2013
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2012
Sandra "Jeanz"
Sandra "Jeanz" marked it as to-read
May 28, 2012