Start by marking “A Touch Of Magic” as Want to Read:
A Touch Of Magic

A Touch Of Magic

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  92 ratings  ·  19 reviews
A dazzling sleight-of-hand artist is recruited by the State Department to pit her skills – and wits – against a master terrorist. He’s about to receive a piece of stolen film used to make US passports, film that could open the door to terrorists around the world.

Although Channing Stuart is the fourth generation in a family of acclaimed magicians, she’s the first of them n
Published May 24th 2012 by Tuesday House (first published December 1st 1987)

To ask other readers questions about A Touch Of Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Touch Of Magic

Holly Ice
This was a good read. It had romance, intrigue, some cool magic tricks, family angst and some great characters. The plot was also good although I think the female villain could have done with a little more filling out.

There was nothing overall wrong with the story really and yet I still felt it was missing something. I was not left with much after reading it and I think I should have been. Some thought or feeling should have remained: it usually does with a great book.

Perhaps I wanted more of a
M. Locke
I have been looking for some time for a book that was the wonderful mix of romance and suspense that I found in Mary Stewart's contemporary fiction, and A Touch of Magic gave me all that I hoped for.

The heroine, Channing Stuart, is a woman who has thrown herself into work to avoid getting hurt, but when she gets caught up in a terrorist plot she has to learn to trust herself again and listen to her heart. Special Agent Bill Ellery is all that you want in a romantic lead, and the tension between
Ukgardenfiend
This is the second book I have read recently about a female stage magician involved in FBI work - an interesting new twist on the skills required to be a spy or an investigator...
I got a little uninterested in the story just after half-way through as it seemed to take a long time to get to the finale, and yet the final scenes seemed to me , to be dismissed rather quickly - especially as these were what the book had been leading up to all along.
I really thought more could have been made of them.
Jessica
Action, adventure, terrorist plots, a pinch of romance and a bit of magic to go along with it. A Touch of Magic was a great read.

I loved that the points of view were not only given from the lead character but from the others as well. I have to admit it was a bit hard to read from the terrorist points of view but it did give the book a more realistic feel.

The descriptions and details in the book make you feel like you're actually there. It gives just enough detail to the setting to create a great
Spiral2007
4.5

What a wonderful surprise! I enjoyed this book much more than i had anticipated.

I'll admit, I had gone in thinking this would be a light read, but the depth really impressed me. These characters are fully formed: they know their minds, they have their codes, and they don't let doubt get them own. I must say, it's been a while since I've encountered characters whose self-confidence was truly deserved. Channing and Ellery were delightful.

The suspense aspect was also interesting. I've read a fe
Marty
Channing Stuart is the first of her family of magicians not to become a professional magician. Channing finds herself working for the FBI in finding a dangerous criminal and using her magic skills to help the government. Good easy read
Jerry Blackerby
I love books with a magician as the main character. This book was awesome. It could be the first of a series, but I cannot find any others about the main character, Channing Stuart, even though this one was written in 1987, I think.
James Saunders
A Touch of Magic

This is an irritating book. It was slow in spots with background information. Then the tension began to build. I couldn't stop till it was read.
Aaron Dubin
Really bummed this could not have been a series, but as a standalone I enjoyed it very much. Rich characters and a great original story.
Marjorie
This is a reissue of an old story she wrote quite a few years ago. It could use some polishing up but it's still a great story.
Shinyfox

This book was a fairly light read and it was just 'ok' in my opinion. I can't put my finger on what gave me that feeling. Overall the plot was good, but when I finally finished it I was left with a feeling of emptiness. Like something was missing from my experience. It's a very strange feeling and one I don't often get when I am reading a book.

The book had action, plenty of it and it did have some romance (not exactly the amount I expected in this book though, not even at the end) and I
T
Channing Stuart was born into a family of magicians, but chose not to make that her occupation - until an old magician friend is killed right before her eyes. As she partners with the law to help identify the Bad Guys, along the way she adopts the little boy that her old friend was likely to train as a magician and rediscovers her love of magic.
Michelle Parker
This book reminded me why I can't read adventure stories unless I have a lot of time to spend reading at one time. I had to see what was happening! I put only three stars because I don't like swearing and I didn't know there would be any in it, especially the f-bomb.
Jenny Conti
I really enjoyed this book. I downloaded while on vacation, as I have enjoyed Ms. Myers' other books. She creates really fun heroines; smart, independent and fearless!

Looking forward to more about this character.
Dannye
It was the first time in a long time that a story has compelled me to carve out time to find out what happens next.
jackie frye
A clever book that kept me guessing until the end, a touch of romance and a bit of action.
Jennie
An interesting edge - really hope this series makes it as the set up novel was wonderful.
Julia Walker
Very fun read - love the magic touch! Thanks Jenny for reading it first!
Lindsay
Recommended to Linda by: Net Galley
Shelves: e-book, kindle
Fluff.
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
Mary Ann
Mary Ann marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
Sam
Sam marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2015
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
Yesenia
Yesenia marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2015
Shelia
Shelia marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2015
CassieRose
CassieRose marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2015
Romantic Suspense: Can sleight-of-hand stop a terrorist? 1 11 Jan 25, 2013 08:22AM
Romantic Suspense: FREE- Romantic Thriller 1 16 Nov 17, 2012 10:00AM
Romantic Suspense: FREE 6/8-10 Classic Romantic-Suspense 2 34 Jun 07, 2012 05:04PM
  • Storm Surge
  • LEGACY RISING
  • The Trouble with Murder (Zoe Grey)
  • The Undertaker
  • Test Pilot's Daughter: Revenge
  • No Cry For Help
  • Bad Wolf (Bad Wolf Chronicles, #1)
  • An Eye For Danger
  • Cold Blue (Jonathan Thorpe, #1)
  • Deadly Night (Ghosthunters 101, #1)
  • Volcano Watch (The Forensic Geology Series, #3)
  • The Good Daughter (Vista Security, #1)
  • Necessary Detour
  • Untangle My Heart (Tangled Hearts, #1)
  • Run Run As Fast As You Can (Emma Frost #3)
  • In Her Sights (Montgomery Justice #1)
  • Accountable to None (Eviscerating the Snake, #1)
  • Amanda's Eyes (A.J. Gregson)
M. Ruth Myers is a Shamus Award winning mystery writer. Her Maggie Sullivan mystery series features a Depression era private eye in Dayton, Ohio.

Other novels by the author, who has also written as Mary Ruth Myers, have been translated, optioned for television and condensed in Good Housekeeping. They also have been used in college classes in Japan. She has taught at writers’ conferences across the
More about M. Ruth Myers...
Don't Dare a Dame Tough Cookie The Whiskey Tide No Game For a Dame The Barefoot Stiff: a Maggie Sullivan short story (Maggie Sullivan mysteries)