Start by marking “Before (Destined, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Before (Destined, #0.5)

Before (Destined 0.5)

3.62  ·  Rating Details  ·  146 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
THIS IS A SHORT STORY prequel to my full-length novel, DESTINED.

When the God of Love falls in love for the very first time, the results are powerful ... and painful. Journey back to a time BEFORE Eros met Psyche and find out what happens when Eros is powerless to control the heart of the girl he loves.
ebook
Published May 26th 2012 by Mae Day Publishing (first published May 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Before, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Before

Tangled by Emma ChaseWalking Disaster by Jamie McGuireOver the Fence by Melanie MorelandBeautiful Bastard by Christina LaurenBeautiful Stranger by Christina Lauren
Romance Books: Male POV
242nd out of 461 books — 744 voters
The Lightning Thief by Rick RiordanThe Last Olympian by Rick RiordanThe Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick RiordanThe Titan's Curse by Rick RiordanThe Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan
Books with Greek mythology references
342nd out of 375 books — 512 voters

More lists with this book...

Majo
"Never love again. Especially not a mortal". I like that, yeah
This is a little short story about Eros and his first love before he met Psyche.
So... I don't know... maybe 3stars for the book, and 5 for the cover? xDD
Dani
May 28, 2012 Dani rated it really liked it
Eros has taken things a bit too far this time with his mischievous fooling around in the gods’ love lives. And so, he is temporarily banished by Zeus to live amongst mortals who will show him no reverence or special treatment. By all means, a cruel punishment for his various minor infractions, right? But Eros just might begin to discover that he’s treated love a bit too flippantly and that when it comes to affairs of the heart, the consequences are never minor.

Telling the story of Eros before he
Jess
Jun 03, 2012 Jess rated it it was amazing
Super quick, 5 minute prequel. It was interesting & definitely has me wanting to read the next in the series... so I'm off to do that :)
Dianne
Aug 08, 2012 Dianne rated it it was amazing
Oh my, Eros. It's 3AM here in my side of the world and here you are, making me want to read Destined NOW. Gah, I need sleep, I do, I'm a growing kid (whatever) but Destined. I need Destined. I need it.

Jessie Harrell, you are a such a magnificent writer. I had not expectations coming in but I ended up squealing and rating it a 5. I do not give five stars for books even if I enjoyed it so much. I tend to give it to those that made me think or those that are not shallow. I am not saying Before is s
Arianna
Nov 15, 2015 Arianna rated it did not like it
This one, I guess I should have expected it to be short, but this gave so little that I just was left with utter disappointment and thought, 'What the hell was the point of even writing this.'
Rebecca A. Rogers
A short prequel told from Eros's perspective about his first true love. Fans of Destined should read this.

Also, I knew this cover looked familiar; it's the same cover as Cabel's Story. But if that's what Eros is meant to look like, he's a cutie patootie! ;)
Jessie Harrell
May 28, 2012 Jessie Harrell rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: wrote-it
This is a fun little short story written from Eros' first person perspective.
Melanie
Sep 30, 2015 Melanie rated it did not like it
This was a silly excuse for a novella. It really is just a short story (only a few pages long) and it told a story that didn't need to be told and did it poorly. It tells the story of Eros's heartbreak that came before Psyche. In the book, "Destined", it told enough of the story to work for the plot and this felt like just a superfluous add-on that really did more damage to my opinion of Eros than enhance it. The way his heartbreak is described in "Destined", it makes sense for his bitterness an ...more
Amelia
Let's be honest here... middle of the range story, but it's all about that cover!
majiqcarpet
Feb 02, 2013 majiqcarpet rated it it was amazing
Beautiful~! Although i dont think Eros truly loved her from the heart. Maybe he did out of lust. And for Psyche he was shot by his own arrow. I dont think gods can truly love someone from the heart, still and awesome read. Treasure every second. And absolutely LOVED the details and description here. So realistic. I felt Eros' agony <3 ~Annabeth
Holly
Mar 30, 2013 Holly rated it liked it
It's always really nice to see the prequel to the book you love, especially when it covers a backstory you're really curious about. But this was just too short! I think I only had to click next on my kindle 8 times and it was over. That's hardly anything! I mean, it was interesting, but it was way too brief.
Nilufer
Never love again. Especially not a mortal. Once my heart was whole, I would never again let it be shattered. For nearly two years, I kept that promise to myself. I found comfort in the arms of various nymphs and women, but I never let myself get attached. Never let down my walls.
And then came Psyche.
Mar 15, 2016 Sarah rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
So I have been holding back reading this book so today I decided to actually read it and I finished it in 10 minutes it was nice and all but no details whatsoever. When I started to read it the book was done.
Kimber Shook
Aug 18, 2012 Kimber Shook rated it it was amazing
This was a very short novella. It lets you get to know Eros a little before Psyche comes into the picture. It lets you feel something for Eros and understand why he was the way he was.

I loved it!
Morgan Schell
Apr 07, 2013 Morgan Schell rated it it was amazing
A very quick background look into why Eros acts the way he does. Makes you further appreciate just how special his love for Psyche was.
Kirby Hamann
May 30, 2013 Kirby Hamann rated it really liked it
Super short, but gives you a better understanding of destined. Best to read AFTER destined in my opinion
Kayla Eklund
Nov 30, 2013 Kayla Eklund rated it really liked it
Shelves: free-kindle
Before was a very short story. Nevertheless, I greatly enjoyed it. I will probably start Destined soon.
 Bella Marie
Jan 19, 2013 Bella Marie rated it did not like it
Nothing special. The love affair of one of the gods of olympus that formed his personality.....
Melissa

Read 2 November 2012

It was ok, nice to know more about the girl before Psyche
Meighan
Dec 04, 2012 Meighan rated it it was amazing
Great short intro into Destined. Wonderfully done, a great look into Ero's character.
Jenni
Jul 16, 2012 Jenni rated it really liked it
A little short story about Eros and his first love before he met Psyche.
Priscilla
Jan 31, 2013 Priscilla rated it it was ok
It was too short!!!!!!!!!!!
It wasn't what I was hoping for!!
Amelia
Dec 10, 2014 Amelia rated it really liked it
I actually liked this a lot! Be it short, It was very nice!
J.A. Souders
Jul 21, 2012 J.A. Souders rated it really liked it
Cute little short story about Eros before Psyche.
Tonda Stockwell
Nice intro into Destined..
Anna
Jan 27, 2013 Anna rated it really liked it
Short? but nice.))))))))
Mandy
Mandy marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Madeline Silva
Madeline Silva marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2016
Alli Jordan
Alli Jordan marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2016
Tabitha
Tabitha rated it really liked it
Apr 12, 2016
  • Before (Heven and Hell, #0.5)
  • Painted Blind
  • Zenith (The Ylem Trilogy, #3)
  • Beautiful Experiment (Island of Defiance, #1)
  • Languish for You (My Soulmate, #1)
  • Audrey's Guide to Black Magic (Audrey's Guides, #2)
  • Daughter of the Goddess
  • Evren: Enter the Dragonette
  • Love Is Always Write: Volume Six
  • Parallel Spirits
  • Fire Raiser (Spellbinder, #2)
  • Grounded (The Airborne Saga, #2)
  • Perilous Light (The Afterglow Trilogy, #2)
  • Deadly Dreams (Death Walker, #1)
  • A Demon's Wrath: Part 1 (Peachville High Demons, #6.1a)
  • Nordic Fairies (Nordic Fairies, #1)
  • Intrigue (Night Muse #1)
  • 11:15 The Making of a Halfling (Halflings, #0.5)
By day, I'm an appellate lawyer. By night, I'm a wife, mother of two, and author/lover of all things Greek mythology. I'm a native Floridian, frustrated world traveler, unrepentant dreamer, lover of acoustic music and not-so-closet geek. Destined, released November 17, 2011, is my first novel. Stay tuned for Beneath the Surface, co-written with the amazing Brooklyn Grant, coming summer 2012.
More about Jessie Harrell...

Destined (1 books)
  • Destined (Destined, #1)