Watchers (Tilly Greenway & the Secrets of the Ancient keys #1)

Watchers (Tilly Greenway & the Secrets of the Ancient keys #1)

4.58 of 5 stars 4.58  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Sacred sites, secret messages, ancient aliens, global conspiracy
and...dragons!

When Tilly Greenway and her stepbrother Zack discover that the world is run by a sinister shadow-government called ISIS, they are plunged headlong into a quest to save mankind from a horrifying fate.

ISIS is in league with an alien group that plans to turn the entire human race into their food sou...more
Kindle Edition
Published December 6th 2011 (first published April 3rd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Watchers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Watchers

Maria
Fantastic read. Exciting, thought provoking and also very beautifully written with lovely descriptive scenes. It's meant to be a young adult book but is just as much an adult read. The story is a great mix of fantasy and alternate history combined with a Dan Brown type conspiracy thriller pace and plot. I liked it better than Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings! (It has echoes of both those books) and also I found it more satisfying than Dan Brown as it feels like you actually do get more real 'h...more
Claire
I loved this book. It was very exciting, had moments of beauty, moments of politics, and dragons :) The pages where we meet Llewellyn were almost poetry and seemed to be inspired by Dylan Thomas. I know nothing about this author, but they know how to write a nice story.
Clare_ruth
Gaby
I really enjoyed reading this book. It's about a young girl, Tilly Greenaway who together with her brother wants to save the world from a organisation called ISIS, who has sinister plans. Only a organisation called the Guardians can stop them. But they need Tilly's and her stepbrothers help. The children meet dragons, old gods and other beings on their enthralling quest.
The author does know a lot about the myth and the sacred sites in the UK. So when reading it you learn a lot, too. The descript...more
Hannah
Love this book! The author is my best friends dad, so was really excited to read it- loved the story plot and the characters. Recommended to anyone! :)
Noell
I bought the UK version while on a trip across the pond... it was a quick read as I was sucked into the plot line. I think kids in 3rd-6th grade would especially enjoy the book. It incorporates interesting concepts and theories and definitely pushes the theme of listening to your heart and instincts. I'm hopeful that the series will stay strong and grow developmentally with the characters and audience much as the Harry Potter series did. I would definitely encourage people who enjoy sci-fi, fant...more
Brian Bigelow
Very interesting book.

Throw together a vast underground conspiracy, a bit of mythology, a feeling like War of the Worlds, a fast pace and a dragon or two you get a book like this one.

Really enjoying it!

The vast underground conspiracy reminds me of the one in Windmills of the Gods by Sydney Sheldon. (Boy that gives my age away doesn't it?)

Though the description states that this is a YA book but I'm really enjoying it.
Susan Rocan
Watchers is wonderful! The characters were memorable. Tilly and Zach have to evade some pretty nasty villains and protect some creatures long to have been thought extinct. The mythology, the conspiracy theories, the adventure is all thrilling. Fantasy in a modern setting is always so much fun and the imagery is breathtaking! I can't wait until the next book comes out!
Lilly Langtree
A wonderful story! I love the dragons and references to all the ancient, sacred sites in England and Wales, many of which I have visited myself and know them to be special places.
I can´t wait for the next installment and will be recommending the Tilly Greenway books to everyone!
Lesley
Lesley is currently reading it
Aug 20, 2014
Rachel
Rachel is currently reading it
Aug 10, 2014
Irene
Irene marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Hema
Hema marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Anna Houghland
Anna Houghland is currently reading it
Jul 06, 2014
Dragonr
Dragonr marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2014
Don
Don marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
Stephanie Parray
Stephanie Parray marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2014
the prince
the prince marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2014
Fenia
Fenia marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2014
Ellie Red
Ellie Red marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2014
Alicia House
Alicia House marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2014
Oddbit Shade
Oddbit Shade marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2014
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2013