Start by marking “Watchers (Tilly Greenway & the Secrets of the Ancient keys #1)” as Want to Read:
Watchers (Tilly Greenway & the Secrets of the Ancient keys #1)

Watchers (Tilly Greenway & the Secrets of the Ancient keys #1)

4.28  ·  Rating Details  ·  32 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Sacred sites, secret messages, ancient aliens, global conspiracy
and...dragons!

When Tilly Greenway and her stepbrother Zack discover that the world is run by a sinister shadow-government called ISIS, they are plunged headlong into a quest to save mankind from a horrifying fate.

ISIS is in league with an alien group that plans to turn the entire human race into their food sou
Kindle Edition
Published December 6th 2011 (first published April 3rd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Watchers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Watchers

Maria
Apr 06, 2011 Maria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic read. Exciting, thought provoking and also very beautifully written with lovely descriptive scenes. It's meant to be a young adult book but is just as much an adult read. The story is a great mix of fantasy and alternate history combined with a Dan Brown type conspiracy thriller pace and plot. I liked it better than Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings! (It has echoes of both those books) and also I found it more satisfying than Dan Brown as it feels like you actually do get more real 'h ...more
Claire
Oct 09, 2011 Claire rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. It was very exciting, had moments of beauty, moments of politics, and dragons :) The pages where we meet Llewellyn were almost poetry and seemed to be inspired by Dylan Thomas. I know nothing about this author, but they know how to write a nice story.
Clare_ruth
Gaby
Dec 05, 2012 Gaby rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading this book. It's about a young girl, Tilly Greenaway who together with her brother wants to save the world from a organisation called ISIS, who has sinister plans. Only a organisation called the Guardians can stop them. But they need Tilly's and her stepbrothers help. The children meet dragons, old gods and other beings on their enthralling quest.
The author does know a lot about the myth and the sacred sites in the UK. So when reading it you learn a lot, too. The descript
Hannah
Mar 12, 2014 Hannah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love this book! The author is my best friends dad, so was really excited to read it- loved the story plot and the characters. Recommended to anyone! :)
Noell
Aug 30, 2012 Noell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I bought the UK version while on a trip across the pond... it was a quick read as I was sucked into the plot line. I think kids in 3rd-6th grade would especially enjoy the book. It incorporates interesting concepts and theories and definitely pushes the theme of listening to your heart and instincts. I'm hopeful that the series will stay strong and grow developmentally with the characters and audience much as the Harry Potter series did. I would definitely encourage people who enjoy sci-fi, fant ...more
Brian Bigelow
Jun 13, 2012 Brian Bigelow rated it it was amazing
Very interesting book.

Throw together a vast underground conspiracy, a bit of mythology, a feeling like War of the Worlds, a fast pace and a dragon or two you get a book like this one.

Really enjoying it!

The vast underground conspiracy reminds me of the one in Windmills of the Gods by Sydney Sheldon. (Boy that gives my age away doesn't it?)

Though the description states that this is a YA book but I'm really enjoying it.
Susan Rocan
Jun 16, 2012 Susan Rocan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Watchers is wonderful! The characters were memorable. Tilly and Zach have to evade some pretty nasty villains and protect some creatures long to have been thought extinct. The mythology, the conspiracy theories, the adventure is all thrilling. Fantasy in a modern setting is always so much fun and the imagery is breathtaking! I can't wait until the next book comes out!
Lilly Langtree
Mar 07, 2013 Lilly Langtree rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful story! I love the dragons and references to all the ancient, sacred sites in England and Wales, many of which I have visited myself and know them to be special places.
I cant wait for the next installment and will be recommending the Tilly Greenway books to everyone!
Kelli Santistevan
Kelli Santistevan marked it as to-read
May 11, 2016
Freyos
Freyos marked it as to-read
May 05, 2016
Toni
Toni rated it did not like it
Mar 23, 2016
Ericka
Ericka is currently reading it
Mar 20, 2016
Cheekylala_kindle
Cheekylala_kindle marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2016
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2016
Katie
Katie added it
Dec 27, 2015
Dar
Dar marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2016
Arvo Tarja
Arvo Tarja marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2015
CreamNose Leader of SeaClan
CreamNose Leader of SeaClan rated it it was amazing
Oct 04, 2015
William
William rated it it was ok
Sep 13, 2015
Asternnix
Asternnix marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2015
Mel
Mel marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2015
April
April rated it liked it
Jul 10, 2015
WatermeLoonie
WatermeLoonie marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2015
Erika
Erika marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
Kali
Kali marked it as to-read
May 20, 2015
Eilish
Eilish rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2015
Rafsan Jaman
Rafsan Jaman marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Ronelle
Ronelle marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015