The Delaney Christmas Carol (The Delaneys, #14)

The Delaney Christmas Carol (The Delaneys #14)

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  495 ratings  ·  27 reviews
From three of the brightest stars in contemporary fiction comes a festive trio of romantic classics about an unforgettable family — and the enchanted heirloom that links one generation to the next.

Christmas Past by Iris Johansen
Killara, Arizona, 1893. Kevin Delaney doesn’t know what to make of the Gypsy beauty he finds rummaging in the attic of Killara, his family’s estate...more
Published November 1st 1992 by Bantam (first published January 1st 1992)

To ask other readers questions about The Delaney Christmas Carol, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Delaney Christmas Carol

Elena
I guess 2.5* on average (i know it doesn't quite add up, but indulge me!:) )

~Past~

I found this story entirely too short to explain what was going on with the magic mirror and conflict at the end. We don't get a clear idea of what the mirror actually does... And what's with the insta-love?! They meet one day, he blackmails her into sleeping with him the same night, and they are in love the next morning?! Also, who was the person wanting to kill him?! Totally didn't get that... Otherwise, it h...more
Farrah
I was a little disappointed; it’s not that I thought it was bad, it’s just that only one of the three stories really caught my attention. I wanted more adventure and/or action to draw something emotional out of me. Of the three stories within the anthology, Christmas Past by Iris Johansen was probably the only one that affected me. I’m not sure if it’s because I’m more into historical romance than contemporary or if it’s because I found the main characters more powerful than the others.The magic...more
Samantha Smith
This book was three books in one. Three well known romance authors got together to write this book which contains "Christmas Past", "Christmas Present" and "Christmas Future". While I respect the challenge these authors faced as they tried to create one uniform book written by three different authors. They did a pretty good job of writing a cohesive book and tying all the stories together. The problem I have is that each story was just okay. I kept waiting for one of the stories to really grab m...more
Becca
"I made a mistake with this selection. I was looking for a Christmas book for December and picked this, as it came in three parts, past, present and future, each written by a different author about the same family. What I didn't realize is that these must be romance writers. At any rate, the moderately interesting story read like the cover of a romance, heaving breasts, swollen manhood, and all. I did enjoy the descriptions of the grand Christmas decorations, the vast ranch home, and the clothin...more
Kathleen
I'll start by saying I have issue with sex scenes in Christmas books. Christmas, however, was merely a blip on the radar of this book. I was drawn to this book because of Iris Johansen and her Christmas Past portion did not disappoint. I had a hard time getting through Christmas Present and almost stopped reading. Not that it was bad; it just didn't hold my interest. I'm glad I kept reading because it is a good book, but no one compares to Iris. She rocks and I loved her portion of the book.
Pamela
I loved this book. It had mystery, romance, and some paranormal activity. It takes place around a big house in Arizona, a ranch, a magic mirror given as a gift to the Delaney family by an Indian tribe, and different family members in the past, present, and future. It was great to follow the family and the mirror as years passed, and events unfold around Christmas time.It was a new concept and I loved it. I would own this an read it no matter what time of the year. Just enchanting....
Joan  2
My last Christmas fling of 2011! It was a good choice too! This was three separate stories by three authors. The stories were related, by some connection to the Delaney family. One took place in the past, one the present, and one the future. Very clever! All were of the romance genre, and may I say very hot romance! Not my usual fare, but nice for a change!
Sherri
Dec 31, 2007 Sherri rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance readers
Shelves: completed
I really enjoyed this book. It was like reading 3 books in one. There was a past, present and future section in this book. There were 3 different stories but about the Delaney family members. The story takes place on their ranch in Arizona, near Tuscon. All three stories had good endings, which I like. I would definitely recommend this book.
Saadia
Interesting stories about the Delaney family across the centuries and the Killara homestead at Christmas time. Each story centers around the family's magic mirror and the young couple which discovers everlasting love at Christmas. Explicit sexual scenes!

Jessi
I remember reading this book when I was younger and had to pick it up at a recent book sale. It's just as I remembered. All three stories are good but not great. Definitely a fun read during the holiday season.
Mary
The first part... was good. The second, bearable. But by the time I had reached the third part, I just knew I had to put the book down. If you ever do read this book, just remember to stop as you reach the 2nd part.
Cynthia
This book has three separate Christmas stories, written by three authors, but about the same family. One story takes place in 1800's, one in the present, and the final one in the distant future.
Persephone
Good Lord. Didn't even make it through the second chapter before being defeated by the overwrought, cliched prose. "Her nostrils were assaulted by..." Puh-lease.
Bev
Thoroughly enjoyed the past, present and future of the Delaneys!
Lisa
This book had 3 seperate stories in it, first 2 were great, 3rd not so much but overall was a good holiday book!
Anne
I tried to read a few Christmas books this year...this book has 3 stories by 3 different authors about the same family.
Joan
Three stories (past, present and future). I liked the "past", but the others were only so-so.
Mo
The first story was good.
The second story was ok.
The third story was terrible.
Bernadette
I enjoyed this trilogy of Christmas romances- Past, Present & Future.
Margaret L
Book has three stories Christmas Past, Present, Future
Lisa
It was just ehh. I really can't say more than that.
Cathy
A bit rushed, but a fun story about 3 generations.
Mary G.
A fun and fluffy romantic Christmas read.
Joann
Good as romances go. No fan of romances.
Sherril
Too much gushy sex for my taste.
Teresa
enjoyed the first story the best
Ning
คันฉายส่องรัก
Nancy
Nancy added it
Aug 21, 2014
  • York, The Renegade (The Shamrock Trinity, #2) (The Delaneys, #2)
Kay Hooper was born in California, in an air force base hospital since her father was stationed there at the time. The family moved back to North Carolina shortly afterward, so she was raised and went to school there.
The oldest of three children, Kay has a brother two years younger and a sister seven years younger. Her father and brother are builders who own a highly respected construction compan...more
More about Kay Hooper...
Whisper of Evil (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit, #5) Stealing Shadows (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit, #1) Blood Ties (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit, #12) Hunting Fear (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit, #7) Out of the Shadows (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit, #3)