Start by marking “The Gypsy Bride” as Want to Read:
The Gypsy Bride

The Gypsy Bride (Daring Debutantes #2)

3.70  ·  Rating Details  ·  63 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Engaged to a reprehensible baron, Bianca Manning knows she must do something to escape her fate. She decides that a Romany camp is the last place her mad fiance would think to look for her.

The last thing Emilian Carrol needs is a spirited Englishwoman in his life, but he can't seem to say no when she begs to hide out in his tribe's camp.

Thomas Barclay, future Viscount Gran
Published May 24th 2012 by Night Shift Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Gypsy Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Gypsy Bride

Tracy T
This was a very cute story. I liked it. I liked the heroine, she was spunky. The hero was interesting too. I haven't read a historical with a Gypsy hero before, so that was a change. They had some good chemistry together. No sex in this story but there was kissing and "discomfort in breeches" So it is rated G.

I liked the story line and the plot, except for one thing that happened didn't get any closure. But I guess that's okay. There is lots of dialogue throughout the entire book which was great
Leiza McArter
Feb 11, 2016 Leiza McArter rated it really liked it
Tammy
Oct 05, 2015 Tammy rated it liked it
This was an ok read. Nothing spectacular though. The description is extremely misleading. I think it was even more disappointing to me as I had just finished the first book in the series and enjoyed it a lot. I was excited to read Tom's story only to find out it really isn't Tom's story. Although he plays a large part in it. Also the story seemed to drag a little. I just started the third book in the series and it makes this one seem almost like a prologue to Tom's true story, which has already ...more
April
The second book in the series seems to be for Victoria's brother Tom, but not really. It is a little love triangle. This is presented with a mixed narrative from the three leads and a few side POVs from Victoria. It was a really intriguing style, definitely helped to get insight into all characters.

I really liked Bianca and her adventurous spirit. She did seem to have trouble making a choice but thankfully fate has a hand in making things work out. I would love to see a spin-off with her sisters
Jaxy
Jun 12, 2012 Jaxy rated it really liked it
I have read and reviewed The Robber Bride and loved it, so I was really looking forward to this book. The author didn't disappoint. Bianca is the oldest of her sisters and she is to marry a peer of the realm. But she just can't stomach the man and I can totally understand why. She runs away to a gypsy camp where she meets and falls for the handsome gypsy Emil, who is completely swoon-worthy btw. He is dark, handsome, and very gentle with her. I love that about him.

But when her fiance calls in a
Patricia
Running away to join the gypsies...
Except, she's not running to. She's running from. From there, the plot is "as expected" - until our author throws a spanner in the works, just to complicate things (and set up another romance, of course).
Typical of Ms Knight-Catania's work, the plot is pleasant. The characters kiss, but little else of the physical side of the relationship is indicated. The characters are well developed, especially if you have read the preceding book, "The Robber Bride" as some
Rachel
Sep 03, 2012 Rachel rated it liked it
Normally I love her books, but I have to say I wasn't too fond of the ending. It just didn't seem
right to me and was certainly not what I was expecting. I loved the story and the progression, I just really wanted Bianca to marry Tom. It sucks that he turned into a drunk! It doesn't fit in with his character. I've loved all of her other books, this one just didn't seem to come out right! I guess I just love the Englishmen!
Teri
Oct 02, 2013 Teri rated it it was ok
Seemed very long & drawn out for a novella, especially since it did not contain the same character and plot depth as its predecessor. Bianca is all about love in this story and it gets monotonous after she makes her very uncomplicated decision. It was just.....blah.
Cristina
Sep 12, 2012 Cristina rated it it was amazing
love it!! I do hope the bother is able to fine his love too!!
Julie
Dec 06, 2012 Julie rated it it was ok
I'd say skip it.
Becky
Becky rated it really liked it
Mar 21, 2016
Diane
Diane added it
Mar 11, 2016
Rosa
Rosa marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2016
Bookworm Books
Bookworm Books marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2016
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2015
Hilary
Hilary marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2015
Louraine Millington
Louraine Millington rated it it was amazing
Oct 12, 2015
Valerie
Valerie rated it liked it
Oct 10, 2015
Dorothy
Dorothy marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2015
Janet
Janet rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2015
Abigail
Abigail rated it really liked it
Mar 31, 2016
Madeline Friedman
Madeline Friedman marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
RHONDA L MARSHALL
RHONDA L MARSHALL rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2015
James F. Carrier
James F. Carrier rated it did not like it
Jul 18, 2015
Debbie Olmos
Debbie Olmos rated it liked it
Jul 01, 2015
Heather Willson
Heather Willson rated it really liked it
Jun 17, 2015
Cass
Cass rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 22, 2015 01:07PM
After obtaining a degree in Vocal Performance from the Manhattan School of Music, and years of pursuing a career on the stage, Jerrica left the "glamorous" life of an actress in favor of writing romance. She continues to reside in the New York City area with her husband, cat and their precious daughter.
More about Jerrica Knight-Catania...

Daring Debutantes (3 books)
  • The Robber Bride
  • The Stage Bride (The Daring Debutantes, #3)