Start by marking “Skyworld: Volume Two” as Want to Read:
Skyworld: Volume Two

Skyworld: Volume Two (Skyworld #2)

Every legend hides a lie

The Queen of the Asuang and her legion
have taken over the country.

Alexandra Trese leads the resistance
along-side Makabo, a Tikbalang warrior,
and Kaio, the Duwende trickster.

Trapped in their epic battle is Andoy,
a teenage boy tasked with uniting an army
of Tikbalang, Enkanto, Kapre and Duwende
against the Asuang.

But before he can lead them, he must
firs
Published May 26th 2012 by National Bookstore Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Skyworld, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Skyworld

Nicolo Yu
Summer Komikon 2012 special

With this trade paperback, the Skyworld saga is complete. What was envisioned as a series of four graphic novels is collected in a two volume collection published by National Book Store. The first three chapters of the series were released intermittently in various Komikons but the fourth title was unpublished and can only be found in this collected edition. During its launch at Summer Komikon 2012, I got the two volume set and had it signed by the creators. Now, the r
Maan
May 27, 2012 Maan rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Book #41 for 2012: Finished the 2 books in one sitting last Sunday. Sabi ni Gerry Alanguilan sa introduction nya sa Skyworld Vol. 2, this comic book slaps you in the face like sledgehammer. On my end, it felt like being slapped in the face by a sledgehammer, punched by a pay loader and bludgeoned by a backhoe. Ganun katindi.

If you have set a limit in your book/comics shopping, please include Skyworld in your shopping list. I cannot stress that enough. Philippine myth peppered with national heroe
Maria Ella
It's supposed to be BANGIS! but...

The Print! Why is it that the prints are misplaced? What about these lost pages? This will not give justice to the illustrator and to the writer of the comic book! URGH!

Huhuhuh, the lost pages will remain lost forever, I cannot figure now the other scenes from these lost panels. But if you think positively, these lost pages are like Yamashita Treasure, like legends meant to be hidden.

Like the creators tell us - Every legend tells a lie.

Skyworld is like the fl
K.D. Absolutely
Oct 12, 2013 K.D. Absolutely rated it liked it
Recommended to K.D. by: Apokripos
A lot better than the first volume. This includes the background story of the mythological characters in the first. I am not sure it is the right storytelling but for a non-comics fan like me, I would have liked the whole story if there were some background information about the characters right off the bat. But for the comics fans, I guess the adrenaline-packed actions in the first, even without the background story, could be a real treat already.

I particularly like the opening scene that is se
Mapet
Oct 19, 2012 Mapet rated it it was amazing
I loved Skyworld Volume 1 so I knew I was going to love Volume 2. Mervin Ignacio and Ian Sta. Maria did not disappoint.

I've noticed that the art has improved and has become more polished. The first volume, IMHO, was more raw and (to my untrained eyes) messier. I expected better art and I am very happy that they delivered.

The banter between the characters is funnier this time around (See page 42 for my favorite). I love that the characters curse like normal people would. Hah. My only issue with
Earl
Mar 28, 2015 Earl rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pinoy
Nothing but sincere and heartfelt gratitude for the two who worked on this to make our myths come alive in the consciousness of the younger ones. Who would have thought that something like this can be created through by passionate minds? The story was great, the concept was great, and future Trese looked great.

One thing, though: where were the powerful exorcists? I believe even in the arrival of Roman Catholicism, the myths still flourished, in fact integrated into this new religion altogether.
Judie
Feb 10, 2013 Judie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: philippine-lit
I liked the first volume and I loved this one. It's put together very well. I'm not a history buff but the different spins on Philippine history was impressive. The fusion of myth, fantasy, and the often overdone good versus evil merited longer stops per page until the end. The post-apocalyptic (or in this case, the post-Bakunawa!) plot is itself an interesting area to flesh out; if not in a comic book, then in a dystopian novel, perhaps? It killed. This entire volume did. Well done, well done.
Ben
Jun 27, 2015 Ben rated it it was amazing
I read this right after I read Volume 1. And here's what I thought immediately: How would I put down a comic book that features Filipino urban legends, Alexandra Trese, Jose Rizal, Andres Bonifacio, Tomoyuki Yamashita and Barack Obama, all with important roles in one of the greatest tales ever told in the country?

Well it's the KID in me that made me love these comic books.
Tays
Jan 03, 2014 Tays rated it it was amazing
Shelves: the-best-so-far
For a book that I have such a high interest with, I can't believe I let it sit right on my bookshelf looking so comfortable for months. This book is awesome!

I got introduced to the whole Skyworld mythos last year, when I was on vacation and saw it being endorsed in TV. I saw it a week after on National Bookstore and gave it a shot. The plot was interesting enough to have me flicking through its first volume's pages. It was an enjoyable read, that first volume was but it didn't really gave me a s
Ino Jev
Dec 21, 2013 Ino Jev rated it it was ok
the last chapter felt rushed for me. this was an epic that took place since the dawn of history, with the villain killing, manipulating, and virtually reigning from behind the scenes. she was ambitious, wily, formidable, and undeniably evil. her comeuppance was just begging to be served.

of course she was bound to lose, but the way she did wasn't as hard as it seemed, and all that background story didn't seem significant anymore. suddenly, all that preparation didn't seem important.

i loved the ca
Gieliza
Nov 12, 2016 Gieliza rated it it was amazing
5 stars!

'The world is filled with things you don't know about. Gods and demons still walk this land, but now they wear different masks. The secrets of your true history have been hidden and twisted through time. Much of what was learned by your ancestors ha already been lost. The wisdom of past ages, the honor of your bloodline, the ways of your warrior past--all these have faded from your people's memories.'

Ah how I wish there are more graphic novels like this that incorporates Philippine hist
Jowana Bueser
Jul 09, 2012 Jowana Bueser rated it it was amazing
1. In the first volume, I singled out the inclusion of Pigafetta because of my fascination with history. Well, there’s a lot more in store for a history buff like me in the second one. We’re not talking about supporting characters but major players in Philippine history. Think big. No. Think of the biggest names in history. When I saw him and his pregnant wife, I knew where it was heading. Rianka will not let this delicious opportunity pass. The seamless blending of fact and fiction is so ...more
Aljohn Laid
Nov 07, 2013 Aljohn Laid rated it it was ok
Initial thoughts:

1. I'm not so much of a fan of comic books but I thought of picking this one up as a support to the Filipino talents that created Skyworld.
2. I think the premise of the story is very promising. Another reason why I bought this is it explores the local folklore of the Philippines.
3. The downside is that the plot is under-explored, and the characters tend to fall flat.
4. The sketches went a little inconsistent when it got a little light or blurry in one or two of its episodes.
5. I
Pturingan
Jul 08, 2012 Pturingan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, fantasy
That was epic. The story was a bit too dark for my taste but that doesn't diminish the quality of the book. If these two guys are the future of Philippine Komiks, then we have an exciting future ahead of us.

It says in the endnotes that it took them a total of 10 years to finish the whole project. I guess it was worth the wait. You can actually see the improvement in the art from the first chapter to the fourth.

I can't wait to see what Ignacio and Sta. Maria do next in the field of comics. (I ju
Maka
Sep 24, 2012 Maka rated it it was amazing
I first heard of Skyworld from friend, he told me that if I liked Trese then I would definitely like this. So then I grabbed a copy of this book. With no regrets, I'm glad I bought this.
Definitely got captured with the illustrations. Surprising elements are everywhere in the book...
From Bathala to Aswangs. From the past to present. From the characters of this book to the characters of another "Popular-Aswang-Themed-Comics"
Kevin Cortes
One of the Philippine's finest graphic novel that tackles very well our culture, from our legends up to our history. Skyworld takes us to a journey wherein stories we had heard and read from our childhood are revisited and re-imagined. Ignacio and Sta. Maria has indeed created a masterpiece that will be among those that will be cited if your looking for a great Philippine comic book.

More of my review at:
Jansen Valenzuela
Jansen Valenzuela rated it liked it
Sep 27, 2012
Lloyd Bagaoisan
Lloyd Bagaoisan rated it it was amazing
Jun 23, 2012
Bethina
Bethina rated it really liked it
Oct 20, 2016
Chantal Cruz
Chantal Cruz rated it really liked it
Nov 16, 2015
JL Torres
JL Torres rated it it was amazing
Jul 18, 2012
Kebin Lab
Kebin Lab rated it liked it
Aug 14, 2013
Karen Mae
Karen Mae rated it it was amazing
Nov 07, 2014
Kira
Kira rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2013
Joe Vincent Iscala
Joe Vincent Iscala rated it really liked it
Dec 14, 2012
Jennie Elloran
Jennie Elloran rated it it was amazing
Jun 18, 2013
Mygame Pzl
Mygame Pzl rated it it was amazing
Jul 31, 2013
Bea
Bea rated it really liked it
May 17, 2015
Otakore Literantadodist
Otakore Literantadodist rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2014
Joseph Yzrael Agra
Joseph Yzrael Agra rated it it was amazing
Sep 27, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Skyworld (5 books)
  • Skyworld: Apocrypha (Skyworld, #1)
  • Skyworld: Testament (Skyworld, #2)
  • Skyworld: Prodigal (Skyworld, #3)
  • Skyworld: Volume One

“Imagine if you can - hordes of asuang, prowling the streets of Tokyo, climbing the Eifel tower, walking up the White House lawn!” 0 likes