Start by marking “Rose Reisman's Choose It and Lose It: The Roadmap to Healthier Eating at Your Favourite Canadian Restaurants” as Want to Read:

We all want to eat well, cut calories and keep ourselves and our families happy and healthy. But with all our commitments and claims on our time-work, school, hobbies, commuting and ferrying our kids to their extracurricular activities-we don't always have time for home-cooked meals. Fast food-whether it's from our favourite fun night out restaurant or the on the way to wo ...more
Published September 20th 2012 by Whitecap Books

To ask other readers questions about Rose Reisman's Choose It and Lose It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rose Reisman's Choose It and Lose It

Shonna Froebel
Nov 20, 2012 Shonna Froebel rated it it was ok
Shelves: canadian
My copy had the same ISBN, but a different cover.
I liked that this book gathered information from a number of restaurants in one spot, and I liked the number of restaurants included. It gave good overviews with history of the restaurants and one other nugget of information. Sometimes this other information was general information on that's restaurants offerings in terms of healthiness, sometimes trivia, sometimes something more specific.
For each restaurant, there was a main "choose it" option, a
Christina
Feb 04, 2013 Christina rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fic, eats
I was happy that there was finally a Canadian version of this, although I still haven't heard of at least 1/4 of these 'restaurants'.
Also, I wouldn't really consider most of the choose it's as a better choice. I don't eat cheese or bread, and most everything was a revolting hamburger/sandwich type meal that would result in heart disease. What I actually took from this book was that we as a nation need to eat less restaurant food and start cooking fresh at home.
Blech.
Janet
Oct 19, 2012 Janet rated it liked it
This book was not what I was thinking it was. I was used to her recipe books and was looking forward to that, so when I saw that it was a restaurant book I was a bit disappointed. Her suggestions are valid and the hints are good. Also, I liked the fact that it reviews Canadian restaurants and fast food places.
Jenny
Jun 19, 2013 Jenny rated it it was ok
I'm a big fan of the American version of this book (Eat This, Not That), so I'm happy to see a Canadian version....and it wasn't impressive. Very Toronto/Ontario-focused - at least a quarter of the restaurants don't exist in Western Canada. It seemed kind of old-fashioned and old-school to me.
Stacy
Stacy rated it liked it
Feb 06, 2013
Sarah rated it liked it
Jul 25, 2013
Rachel Williams
Rachel Williams rated it liked it
Nov 15, 2013
Alan Vaz
Alan Vaz marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2013
Mary Go
Mary Go marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2013