Start by marking “The Blood and the Life” as Want to Read:
The Blood and the Life

The Blood and the Life

Rejected by his family, his village, and those he thought of as his brothers, a broken young man makes a desperate gamble and drinks the blood of Jesus as Christ dies on the cross. Transformed into a creature of the night with powers that elevate him to god-like status, Feranos pursues fulfillment of the empty space within himself as he grapples with what he has become and ...more
Published March 1st 2012 by Booklocker.com

To ask other readers questions about The Blood and the Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Blood and the Life

Joseph
Nov 24, 2013 Joseph rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
The Blood and the Life by Donald K. Chapman is his first novel. Chapman was born and raised in Colorado and earned his BFA in Creative Writing from the University of Evansville in Indiana. He currently resides in Denver with his wife and three children.

We all have own little prejudices when it comes to reading material, and I thought for sure I ran into mine in the prologue. The start of the first chapter quickly changed my opinion. Down on his luck, wrongly accused, severely beaten, and thrown
Kelly Smith Reviews
Mar 08, 2014 Kelly Smith Reviews rated it really liked it
Donald K. Chapman's debut novel details the story of the first vampire on earth. Now, if you're aTwilightorThe VampireDiariesfan, don't expect to like this novel! If you like bloody, historical fiction that seem like Anne Rice and Bram Stoker had a love child, this is the book for you!

Feranos is a member of a secret brotherhood that lives in caves in a B.C.-era, and survive on, but just food and water, but on blood as well. But Feranos wants more: more power, more victims and more blood.
When he
Kathy
Jul 04, 2012 Kathy rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Honestly, Vampires are not my thing... but I found myself enjoying the story line. Good job Donald K. Chapman!
Ellipticalsaw
Ellipticalsaw marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Rick Evans
Rick Evans marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
Pam Myers
Pam Myers marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2014
Susanne Reifenschneider
Susanne Reifenschneider rated it it was amazing
Nov 28, 2012
Donald
Jun 06, 2012 Donald rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Megan
Megan rated it it was amazing
Jul 07, 2014
Donald K. Chapman was born and raised in Greeley, Colorado; educated in Evansville, Indiana, and Grantham, England; and lives in Denver, Colorado with his wife and four children. He has a BFA in Creative Writing from the University of Evansville. His first novel, "The Blood and the Life," is now available.
More about Donald K. Chapman...