The Blood and the Life

The Blood and the Life

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  7 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Rejected by his family, his village, and those he thought of as his brothers, a broken young man makes a desperate gamble and drinks the blood of Jesus as Christ dies on the cross. Transformed into a creature of the night with powers that elevate him to god-like status, Feranos pursues fulfillment of the empty space within himself as he grapples with what he has become and...more
Published March 1st 2012 by Booklocker.com

Joseph
The Blood and the Life by Donald K. Chapman is his first novel. Chapman was born and raised in Colorado and earned his BFA in Creative Writing from the University of Evansville in Indiana. He currently resides in Denver with his wife and three children.

We all have own little prejudices when it comes to reading material, and I thought for sure I ran into mine in the prologue. The start of the first chapter quickly changed my opinion. Down on his luck, wrongly accused, severely beaten, and thrown...more
Kelly Smith Reviews
Donald K. Chapman's debut novel details the story of the first vampire on earth. Now, if you're aTwilightorThe VampireDiariesfan, don't expect to like this novel! If you like bloody, historical fiction that seem like Anne Rice and Bram Stoker had a love child, this is the book for you!

Feranos is a member of a secret brotherhood that lives in caves in a B.C.-era, and survive on, but just food and water, but on blood as well. But Feranos wants more: more power, more victims and more blood.
When he...more
Kathy
Honestly, Vampires are not my thing... but I found myself enjoying the story line. Good job Donald K. Chapman!
Pam Myers
Pam Myers marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2014
Donald
Jun 06, 2012 Donald rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Donald K. Chapman was born and raised in Greeley, Colorado; educated in Evansville, Indiana, and Grantham, England; and lives in Denver, Colorado with his wife and four children. He has a BFA in Creative Writing from the University of Evansville. His first novel, "The Blood and the Life," is now available.
More about Donald K. Chapman...