Reunion

Reunion

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  309 ratings  ·  53 reviews
Keira Johnson, a 50-year-old mother of two grown sons, believes she lives a good Christian life without secrets-- until she discovers a life-jarring fact her late mother kept hidden all her life. Kiera was born out of wedlock, and the man she had always known as her father had adopted her as an infant.
Audio
Published July 17th 2012 by Hachette Audio (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Reunion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reunion

Dale Harcombe
The Sorenson family gathers every year for a reunion at Dagmar Sorenson’s home, in Munsford, where Keira and Marcus, her two married children live. But this year Dagmar will not be with them. Keira, while going through her mother’s belongings looking for her own birth certificate to get a passport for a trip to Norway, finds a secret that sets her world reeling.
Marcus, pastor of one of the churches in Munsford and his wife Leah are confronted with a staggering secret of their own that will affec...more
Crystal
I read Reunion in one day. Started it mid-afternoon, finished it before bed. That should pretty much say it all. Once I started, I had to finish it. And wow, what an enjoyable book.

The characters, Kiera, her husband Bjorn, her brother Marcus and his wife and Kiera's best friend Leah were all wonderful. Kiera and Leah played the starring roles in the book alongside Kirsten, Leah's 17-year-old daughter. Each character was masterfully developed from the beginning. I got to know Kiera, Leah, Kirsten...more
Kathleen Kelly
Reunion is a novel about tight knit family that have secrets. Keira Johnson, while taking care of her
mother's house and figuring out what to do with everything after her passing, finds her birth
certificate. What she finds totally throws her for a loop, she shares what she finds with her sister in
law Leah. Between the two of them they search the house for more clues. Meanwhile Leah's
daughter Kirsten has a secret of her own. She is just about ready to graduate high school and has
definite plan...more
Kayla Ashley
I won this book from a first reads giveaway here on goodreads!

This book was really sweet. I think that's the best way to describe it. It's not something I would have picked up myself so I'm happy I got the chance to read it through first reads. At the same time... it wasn't quite what I was expecting. I was expecting a story about a family reunion filled with lots of family drama. Instead, I got a nice story about three women struggling with secrets and what to do about them.

I really loved the s...more
Sid Frost
This story begins with two happy families. Keira and Bjorn Johnston, who have two sons living away from home, are about to celebrate their twenty-fifth anniversary with their first trip to Norway. The other family, Leah and Marcus Sorenson, live in the same block as the Johnstons. They have two sons living outside the home and a daughter Kirsten who is a high school senior who lives at home.

Marcus, the pastor of a local church, is Keira's brother. Leah is Keira's best friend, and Kirsten is like...more
Trinity Rose
Reunion by Lauraine Snelling is a book that makes you feel like family. It has a love and quality to it that just makes you think of home and peace. Even though Reunion is full of suspense and trials it still brings through that sense of peace and acceptance that only family and close friends can bring you.
Keira and Kristen have big problems and hurts in their lives, but family is there to help and encourage. There are so many possibilties and outcomes to problems that only if you seek God wil...more
Regina Spiker
Great contemporary, Christian fiction by Snelling - this read is based on two families, related by blood but also best friends. Keira Johnston has just been presented a trip to Norway by her husband. The only thing stopping her from getting her passport is finding her birth certificate. When it is finally found, she is shocked and unsettled to discover that her beloved father was not her birth father. Why didn't her mother tell her and how can Keira tell the big Sorensen clan at the upcoming reu...more
Christian Fiction Addiction
If you are in the mood for a moving, emotional read, then Reunion in the book for you! Lauraine Snelling deftly tackles some difficult issues in her latest book, issues like family secrets, an unexpected pregnancy, and feelings of betrayal, and she does so in a manner that keeps the pace of the story moving along. The characters are well-rounded and realistically portrayed, characters who have moments of selflessness worthy of admiration, but also moments where they are all too human and make mi...more
Rachel Brand
This was a surprisingly quick read for an audiobook, and although I was initially wary of how much I'd enjoy this book (given that my experience with Lauraine's historical romances had been pretty uninspiring) I found myself eager to listen to another chapter as I washed dishes or cooked dinner. I feel torn over how to rate this book as I loved the realism of the characters and their struggles, but also sometimes found that the drama was a little over the top, and that a few situations were deal...more
Becca Goodrich
I have, for years wondered what I would have done had I become pregnant without being married.
Reading this book, where the "perfect"daughter/niece/sister becomes pregnant, just before graduation from high school, and how her parents, and family and the boy himself when through it, was interesting.
I have long loved reading Lauraine Snelling's books. She is a great author.
JoyAnne
Snelling is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors, her books have such depth. As tough as an unwanted teen pregnancy is I thought she handled it wonderfully. Emotions ran high but family members gave Kirsten the love and support she needed. I loved that about this family and the fact that they kept telling her how much God loved her.

What I didn't like was the way Kirsten treated the baby's father, she acted like he had no say in the matter. She was rude and her behavior was immature. Of co...more
Rebecca
I don't mind faith intertwined in my novels usually but this one used a sledgehammer. One plot line led me to keep asking yes, but what is the problem and the other one was so blatantly obvious that the entire novel lacked dramatic tension. Why finish it,you ask? I only had this book with me for an extended mani-pedi. Wouldn't have missed much if it had fallen the footbath.
Mary Beth
I liked the story but I felt Kirsten's father could have responded much better to her pregnancy. No one wishes that for their 17-year old daughter, but they don't just stop talking to their family. He was a trained minister but acted more like someone who had no experience dealing with hard issues.
I realized a little too late that this was considered Christian (or Inspirational) Fiction. Having never read it before I wasn't sure what to expect.

What I got was a bland story with characters that all had the same voice and a large dose of anti-abortion views. The ending panned out just as smoothly and effortlessly as the rest of the story, and even though the majority of issues in this book are serious the author managed to make them seem plain and rather uneventful. Things just happened.

Anyw...more
Krystal
*Spoilers Ahead*!!! (Sorry)
The book sounded good but once I read it I was really disappointed. Keira spends the majority of the book trying to find out who her real dad is! As I got closer to the end I finally realized that we were never going to find out.
Then there is Kirsten who gets pregnant and spends most of the book trying to pretend she isn't pregnant!
The characters were frustrating at times and I found it hard to finish the book. I just felt like the author should have focused more on...more
Sara
Right off the bat, I thought Reunion was a very well-written book, and this continued throughout. Even though I didn't necessarily relate to the characters, I still cared about them and wanted to know what would happen.

This story is definitely character-driven. What is described in the summary is basically what happens in the book - there is not much else to the plot except for the ultimate conclusions, which were quite satisfying. Reading about the two situations with Keira and Kirsten were in...more
Colleen
The Sorenson family is planning a reunion, but some family secrets are popping up and putting a strain on the family. Keira discovers that her mother gave birth to her out of wedlock fifty years earlier, and now she has no idea who her biological father was. Meanwhile, her 17-year old niece has just discovered that she's pregnant just days before graduating from high school... a situation made even more complicated because her father is a minister.

I didn't realize when I picked this book up that...more
Mary
Awesome book. Challenged me to handle life's curveballs with grace and humility.
Lamarr
This book was a story of family woven together with the promise of unconditional love in the presence of imperfection. It greatly personifies the depth of the scripture, love covers a multitude of sins. I fell in love with the Johnston/Sorenson family because their voices, struggles, emotions and thoughts were authentic, and yet their strength lied in their faith in God, truth over secrets and the power of unified love for eachother. A profound reflection of Gods grace, mercy, love and promise t...more
Lynda
This was an interesting premise but rather undeveloped. I felt the father's reaction was over the top but I am not familiar with all religious sentiments so perhaps it was understandable that he would offer to resign when he learned his teenage daughter was pregnant. At the same time, her aunt has learned that she herself was the product of a teenage pregnancy. The characters were not fully developed - I would like to have read more about their personalities that just moaning and groaniong about...more
Mary M
This book was very heavy and slow at the beginning - I was astounded since the back cover said she'd written so many other books. But things DID start to pick up about 3 chapters in and by the end, I was very engaged with the characters and their stories. A little plodding at times and who didn't see what would happen between Kirsten and one of her siblings. But a worthwhile read. I would have liked to have given it 3 and a half stars. It's not really quite a 4 star read but better to be generou...more
Wanda
Lauraine does it again, writing a gripping story with characters so real they live next door and you can call them up to have coffee. She also does not shrink from hard choices, allowing the characters real feelings, real situations and results that show real struggle. Kirsten's struggle mirrors her grandmother's, another Snelling strength. Today's demanding issues existed in the past also. People continue to make mistakes, struggle, revive and move ahead. Thanks, Lauraine, for a great read.
Krissie
50 years old, finds she's adopted, daughter pregnant
Debbie
Just finished "Reunion" by Lauraine Snelling. I give this book 5 stars. When Keira begins her search for her birth certificate so she can go to Norway she finds that her mother got pregnant out of wedlock and she begins to have doubts that she isn't who she thought she was. And at the same time her niece Kirsten becomes pregnant. Kisten's father is a minister. This story shows that unconditional love is a must for everyone! The ending is just great!
Sandra
This book was pedantic and preachy. If I had not been stuck on a train with this as my only material, I would not have finished it. The problem is it could have been a good novel had Snelling stuck to one theme. The title is “reunion” and the reunion is definitely an afterthought. The emotionally contrived ending did not make me smile about the book but smile because this absurd read was over.
Linda Watts
I thought the author should have chosen a different title. It really didn't have anything to do with a reunion. That being said, I did think it was a good book about choices people have to make in life. Sometimes choices are easy and some are more difficult. I thought the author dealt with all the characters feelings and issues very well.

Kept my attention and read it in 2 days. Easy Read.
Connie
This was the usual Lauraine Snelling good story about an Norwegian-American family handling problems and joys.

This is book is written in the Christian fiction genre and has many references to Biblical quotations.

I am not interested in the Christian aspects, but I do read many books from the Christian fiction genre because the stories are usually very wholesome which I do enjoy.
Vicki Melendez
really good book about finding out family secrets
  • The Welcome Committee of Butternut Creek: A Novel
  • For Such a Time as This (Women of Hope #1)
  • Need You Now
  • Cottage by the Sea (Hideaway #3)
  • Love Lifted Me (Songbird, #3)
  • His Other Wife
  • Sweet Dreams
  • The Hidden Life (Amish Quilt, #2)
  • The Offering: A Novel
  • White Picket Fences
  • Destination Unknown
  • When Hope Blossoms
  • Gone South
  • Angel Harp
  • Kiss of Death (Kiss Trilogy, #2)
  • Henny on the Couch
  • Paper Angels
  • Alligator Lake
Lauraine Snelling is the award-winning author of over seventy books, with sales of more than 2 million copies.

She also writes for a wide range of magazines, and helps others reach their writing dreams by teaching at writers’ conferences across the country.

Lauraine and her husband, Wayne, have two grown sons, and live in the Tehachapi Mountains with a watchdog Basset named Winston.

They love to tra...more
More about Lauraine Snelling...
Ruby (Dakotah Treasures, #1) Pearl (Dakotah Treasures, #2) An Untamed Land (Red River of the North, #1) A Promise for Ellie (Daughters of Blessing, #1) Amethyst (Dakotah Treasures, #4)