Start by marking “Living Well with Anxiety: What Your Doctor Doesn't Tell You... That You Need to Know” as Want to Read:

A Comprehensive, Holistic Guide to the Conventional Medical and Self-Care Treatments for Anxiety Disorders

In a world that values excess, the pressure to succeed never ends. As a result of our fast-paced and high-stakes society, anxiety can take over our lives.

For approximately 20 million American adults a year, anxiety symptoms such as dizziness, stammering, heart

Published April 11th 2006 by William Morrow Paperbacks (first published April 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Living Well with Anxiety, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Living Well with Anxiety

Alexandria
Sep 09, 2013 Alexandria rated it did not like it
When someone doesn't cite their sources, lists "more women entering the workforce" as a "physical or psychological threat" and lays the increase of anxiety at the feet of, among other things, "loss of traditionally prescribed values", I'm done. I don't trust a word this woman says, given her apparent biases and use of sources from as unreliable a period as the 1930's (huge reference section with no source citation). I've got too much invested in coping with anxiety to read a book this obviously ...more
Lbousson
I download these sorts of books every once in awhile. This book was on a BookBub special, and I thought it came at the right time of the season, with school just starting, summer ending; these are stressful times for many people. Basically, what I look for in these books are ways to identify, self-help and other perspectives. I really didn't learn that much new in this one, and I skimmed over much of it (which I had pretty much read free online anyway.)

A couple of things distracted me in this re
Richard
Sep 09, 2015 Richard rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am retired military with PTSD, so I am prone to anxiety and I have read every book out there. This book however takes a bit of a different approach. I did like it and have applied a few of the items learned, so I would recommend this book as a guide to help. Overall a solid B.. Good luck gang..
Alycia
May 08, 2010 Alycia rated it it was amazing
Have read many books on this subject. This one was great because it offers so many options on how to get better. It also provides you with all the resources in the outside world needed to get better too.
Ieva
Oct 04, 2013 Ieva rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Good book with loads of relaxation and non-drug treatment tips, although there is nothing 'lifechanging'.
wild heart daydreams
wild heart daydreams rated it it was amazing
Oct 12, 2014
Kristen Davidson
Kristen Davidson rated it liked it
Oct 04, 2015
Edward
Edward rated it liked it
Oct 13, 2016
Liza Ann  Acosta
Liza Ann Acosta rated it liked it
Mar 02, 2011
Jonelle Hebda
Jonelle Hebda rated it liked it
Dec 25, 2014
Shannon
Shannon rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2017
Cheryl Roth
Cheryl Roth rated it liked it
Nov 07, 2015
Maggie
Maggie rated it did not like it
Jun 10, 2012
Todd
Todd rated it liked it
Jan 08, 2017
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2008
Allison
Allison rated it really liked it
Dec 16, 2007
Meg Davis
Meg Davis rated it it was amazing
Sep 13, 2013
Mihri
Mihri rated it liked it
Dec 01, 2015
Ocean
Ocean rated it it was amazing
Nov 29, 2016
Kelly
Kelly rated it it was ok
Jul 22, 2011
Pamela
Pamela rated it it was amazing
Dec 21, 2014
Teresa
Teresa rated it liked it
Sep 23, 2015
Kimberly T Vozel
Kimberly T Vozel rated it liked it
Dec 22, 2016
Sk
Sk rated it did not like it
Jun 05, 2015
Mandy
Mandy rated it really liked it
Sep 09, 2015
Jon
Jon rated it it was amazing
Jan 27, 2013
Marjorie
Marjorie rated it it was amazing
Sep 27, 2016
Sheila
Sheila rated it it was ok
Apr 12, 2016
Kimberly Bonner
Kimberly Bonner rated it really liked it
Mar 03, 2015
Teresa Newsome
Teresa Newsome rated it did not like it
Mar 16, 2017
Hi,

I'm Carolyn chambers Clark, and I'm an award-winning author of both fiction and non-fiction.

I've been featured on BellaOnline.com, Examiner, Beacon Publications, Seattle-Post Intelligencer, St. Petersburg Times, Health Central.com and many more.

I'm giving away presents!

READERS: Go to carolynchambersclark.com and get one of my books for free!
More about Carolyn Chambers Clark...