Start by marking “Summer Nights (Fool's Gold, #8)” as Want to Read:
Summer Nights (Fool's Gold, #8)

Summer Nights (Fool's Gold #8)

4.12  ·  Rating Details ·  8,197 Ratings  ·  389 Reviews
Horse whisperer Shane Stryker is done with passion. This time around, he’s determined to meet someone who will be content with the quiet life of a rancher’s wife. And the fiery, pint-size redhead who dazzles him at the local bar definitely does not fit the bill.

Small-town librarian Annabelle Weiss has always seen herself as more of a sweetheart than a siren, so she can’t u
Audio CD
Published June 26th 2012 by Brilliance Audio

To ask other readers questions about Summer Nights, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Summer Nights

Bookswithbenefits
Synopsis: A librarian and a cowboy must learn to trust and love again after divorce. The community of Fool's Gold gives them a hand.

The Good: Mallery, in a recent speech, expressed her favorite thing about romances: the relationships between an ensemble--not a focus on the main couple, but one on the connections that surrounded them: family, community, etcetera. If you are reading for community, this might be the book for you.

Personally, I found myself frustrated, hearing about people I didn’t k
Dee
I loved it!

I have been reading Susan Mallery books for quite a few years now and this lady knows how to tell a good romance story. I know that I will never be disappointed or regret reading one of her books. I haven’t been following this series I have only read the last few, but I now want to go back and read them all from the start.

Both Shane and Annabelle were divorced and had scars from bad marriages. Shane’s scars were deeper and it took a long time for him to begin to trust Annabelle, but a
Jacob Proffitt
This was a tedious story. Most of that is Shane, but some of it is choices the author made to "further" the story. Annabelle is okay, but I thought I'd like her way more than I did.

This is deep into the series, and the author really relies on the reader having read most of them. Main characters from previous books pop up like popcorn and Mallery pretty much relies on you remembering who they are and what their situation was. It's a little sloppy and I couldn't shake the feeling that the studio a
willaful
This was an absorbing story but suffered from too many phrase repetitions. I think this series is getting churned out too quickly.

Pretty much every single character from the previous books in the series turned up, all heavily laden with pregnancies and/or babies; at one point the hero even wound up at the hospital for the childbirth of two people he'd never even met. That was supposed to be cute, but was just weird.

And what's with every unmarried person in a romance novel who wants to have a ba
Amanda
This is my second Susan Mallery read, I started with Summer Days which was the first Stryker brother Rafe, and I think I’ve been hooked into the Fool’s Gold world. The town is just so quirky and fun it’s hard not to get sucked in. Shane is returning after spending part of his childhood in Fools Gold, he always had fond memories of the town, its where his love of horses started. Now, he is back and starting his dream, his own ranch and breeding program of thoroughbred race horses. Annabelle is a ...more
Vox
Jul 06, 2012 Vox rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First, a word about the cover. Absolutely no scenes in this book take place on a beach, certainly not any love scenes. I'm all astonishment that this photo was chosen as the cover, because it reflects nothing about the book other than a couple who falls in love.

Which is a shame, because Summer Nights is a fun, sexy read and perfect for reading at, say, the beach.

The eighth in Susan Mallery's Fool's Gold series (I read none of the previous books, and had no trouble understanding this one), Summer
Cami Hensley
Jun 20, 2012 Cami Hensley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance

Those who have followed my blog for a while now know that I am a huge fan of Susan Mallery and her Fool's Gold series. I was extremely fortunate to get another ARC from the series!

First impressions can be detrimental. Annabelle lives up to the librarian name, she is sweet and reserved. Unfortunately, Shane catches his first glimpse of her during the worst possible moment. Annabelle is desperate to find someone to perform a sacred dance on a horse for the
Darkfallen
I'm not usually the cowboy type but this book is definitely making me re-think that...

Annabelle is done conforming to what men want her to be. Never again after her failed marriage. So she moves to the small town of Fools Gold to start her life over working as a librarian at the local library. She's not usually what you would consider a wild girl, in fact she might even be considered boring by most people, but that's not the impression Shane gets when he sees her dancing on a bar. After Shane's
Diane
Oct 05, 2011 Diane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shane and Annabelle were cute sweet and a match. Both had been married and hurt in the past by their exes. Shane had a tough time moving on and trusting but he comes through in the end. I needed a straight forward no third party testing the relationship book and got it. I know you'll say the memory of a doing him wrong ex was the third party but I mean there wasnt another girl there dating him or trying to come between them etc...they met got to know each other and were drawn to each other....th ...more
Fanny
Jul 28, 2016 Fanny rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Noches De Verano es el octavo libro de la saga Fools Gold y tiene como protagonistas a Annabelle y Shane, personajes que conocemos brevemente en el libro anterior.
Es curioso lo que me sucede a veces, en algunas ocasiones espero con ansias leer una historia y cuando la termino resulta que fue una decepcion o no fue todo lo que yo esperaba, en cambio, otras veces empiezo una lectura mas por aburrimiento que por ganas y resulta ser un libro que sobresale, esta ultima situacion fue la que me paso co
LibraryDanielle
May 07, 2017 LibraryDanielle rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
what's with this bullshit about only being able to be happy if you have babies. ugh.
Juuli
Kimberly
Jul 18, 2012 Kimberly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review written for www.books-n-kisses.com

Being back in Fool’s Gold is like coming home... Home to a city you wish really existed. This is the eighth in the Fool’s Gold series and the second regarding a Stryker Brothers.

Annabelle is a librarian who we met a few books ago. She decides to raise money for a bookmobile and will be a part of a parade and do a dance on horseback. However she has no idea how to ride a horse. That is where Shane comes in. Shane has been hurt before and after seeing Annab
Heather
I was sold at the word “librarian,” being a librarian myself. From the bar-dance to the festival, we get to see that Annabelle is willing to put herself out there for what she is passionate about (in this case, her community). She appeals to Shane to help her see through the horse dance for the festival, which will raise money for a much needed library vehicle to bring materials and computers to those farther out.

Shane sees an attractive woman; one with happily-ever-after and wild-sex-fiend spe
Cyndy Aleo
Horse breeder Shane Stryker's first impression of librarian Annabelle Weiss is that she's an attention-seeker: just like his ex-wife. But when she shows up at his temporary ranch for riding lessons, he finds himself drawn to her. Annabelle is likewise attracted, but after the disaster of her first marriage, she's not willing to take a chance to someone who isn't willing to go for it all when it comes to relationships. Their relationship takes off in fits and starts, but the true test will be whe ...more
Dixie-Lee Campbell
READ THIS BOOK ... IT IS A MUST ... YOU W I L L ENJOY IT !!!!

I enjoyed reading this book ... gave it 5 stars.... I think Annabelle Weisse was the female "horse whisper" of the Arabian horse Khatar in this romance . Loved it.!!! She had the power. Shane was the slow to heal and slow to learn what was great & just right in front of him. I really enjoyed the Stryker family. Grandpa Glen was Perrrrfect too. Glad there was May too.

Once I started reading this book.... Could Not Put It Down !!! Lov
Carlyn
May 21, 2012 Carlyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my first read of the Fool's Gold series by Susan Mallery and I really enjoyed it! The story centers on Annabelle and Shane. She is the local librarian and is trying to raise money for a bookmobile by doing a show in the local parade, which she needs to ride a horse to do. Shane breeds horses and Annabelle goes to him to learn how to ride and this is where the fun begins.
I really like the characters in this book, not just the main characters, as the town of Fool's Gold is full of great ch
Maureen ~Bitch Can Write A Book
Sweet, funny and wildly adorable.

We met Shane in the last book, and as the series grows I have a feeling we are going to meet the rest of Rafe's siblings.

We have also had the pleasure of hanging out with Annabelle in many books in this series and this lovely librarian deserves her HEA.

As we touch base and prepare for Heidi & Rafe's wedding we get to fall for this couple that each have ex's and baggage. We also get to delve into Charlie's baggage and boy does she have some.

Looking forward
Bella Carstairs
Aug 16, 2015 Bella Carstairs rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult
Nada, que me ha dado fuerte con esta autora este mes.
Ha sido enganchar un libro con otro y no parar...y aún sigo leyendo libros suyos de la saga Fool's Gold.
Son tan fáciles de leer, tan romanticones y tan bonitos, que es un gustazo y es lo que me pide el cuerpo últimamente.
Noches de verano es un libro precioso, sobre segundas oportunidades y encontrar al amor de tu vida cuando menos te lo esperas.
Fabuloso.

Reseña completa en mi blog: http://ifantasiasyrelatos.blogspot.co...
Cristina Aguado rodriguez
De momento Anabelle es uno de mis personajes favoritos de la saga, aunque a Shane le hubiera matado más de una vez y mas de dos.
Mary McFarlane
Nov 30, 2015 Mary McFarlane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book has me laughing more then anything. I did also like that we got more details about Charlie's past and will get to see how that plays out in the next book
Dee
Jun 25, 2013 Dee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Two-haiku review:

She's librarian
Takes riding lessons from him
Falls for horse--and him

Nicely done romance
Both had failed relationships
Making them gun shy
Luvmyfamily
Mar 23, 2014 Luvmyfamily rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was better than the last. I liked the love story in it and I liked the hero and heroine. I loved that there was no crazy stupid drama. Just a good sweet love story.
Lynsey   (A Bookish Life)
I didn't enjoy this at all, I thought it was as dull as dishwater with very little going on in the plot department.
Mandi Kaye Ottaway
While I still love the town and all of the characters, these books are starting to have less conflict in them. Resolving conflict is part of what makes romance so appealing!
Deb Kendall
Jun 09, 2017 Deb Kendall rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
8th book in series. Shane Stryker moves back to Fools Gold after his mom May asks him to join her and Rafe there. He buys some land next to the Castle Ranch to breed race horses, which he has become good at over the past years. Meanwhile, Annabelle Weiss the town librarian and one of Heidi's best friends, has become lovelorn from all the new marriages in town. Shane notices her at Jo's Bar one night and notices instant chemistry. He reminds him of his ex-wife. She was a wild child and was always ...more
Monica
May 31, 2017 Monica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The stories of the Stryker brothers continue with Shane. Shane has always loved Fool's Gold and at the invitation of his mom, has returned to set up his horse breeding business.

The best part of this story is watching Shane's long suffering with all his mom's animals and the projects Annabelle sets him up for.
Amanda
May 06, 2017 Amanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another installment with the Stryker brothers and this one did not disappoint. I really enjoyed the relationship of Shane and Annabelle. She does not take his crap and i love it! I hope we can see their relationship develop in the future :)
María José
Oct 31, 2016 María José rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
El primer libro que lei de esta autora y me engancho en la serie...
H.
Mar 23, 2017 H. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This one was my favorite of the series so far! Loved it and I couldn't put it down!
  • Summer Brides (includes Fool's Gold, #2.5)
  • My Kind of Christmas (Virgin River, #18)
  • Big Sky Mountain (Parable, Montana, #2)
  • At Last (Lucky Harbor, #5)
  • Midnight Promises (The Sweet Magnolias, #8)
  • Karma (Serendipity, #3)
  • When Snow Falls (Whiskey Creek, #2)
  • That Thing Called Love (Razor Bay, #1)
  • Moonshell Beach (Shelter Bay, #4)
  • A Cowboy for Christmas (Jubilee, Texas, #3)
With more than 25 million books sold worldwide, #1 New York Times bestselling author Susan Mallery is known for creating characters who feel as real as the folks next door, and for putting them into emotional, often funny situations readers recognize from their own lives. Susan’s books have made Booklist’s Top 10 Romances list in four out of five consecutive years. RT Book Reviews says, “When it c ...more
More about Susan Mallery...

Fool's Gold (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Chasing Perfect (Fool's Gold, #1)
  • Almost Perfect (Fool's Gold, #2)
  • Finding Perfect (Fool's Gold, #3)
  • Only Mine (Fool's Gold #4)
  • Only Yours (Fool's Gold, #5)
  • Only His (Fool's Gold, #6)
  • Summer Days (Fool's Gold, #7)
  • All Summer Long (Fool's Gold, #9)
  • Just One Kiss (Fool's Gold, #10)
  • Two of a Kind (Fool's Gold, #11)

“I'm a librarian in town,' she began.
'You sure about that?'
The words popped out before he could stop them.
Annabelle raised her eyebrows. 'Fairly. It's my job and so far no one has told me to go away when I show up for work.'
smooth, Stryker, he thought, very smooth.
'I was expecting someone wearing glasses. You know. Because librarians read a lot.'
The raised eyebrows turned into a frown. 'You need to get out of the barn more.”
13 likes
“you're Shane, right?'
He inched away from her and managed a quick nod as he twisted the rag he held in his fingers.
'Heidi sad you were willing to teach me how to ride.' Her expression shifted from entertained to confused, as if she was wondering why no one had mentioned he was a can or two shy of a six-pack.
'A horse,' he clarified, then wanted to kick himself. What else but a horse? Did he think she was here to learn to ride his mother's elephant?
One corner of Annabelle's perfect, full mouth twitched. 'A horse would be good. You seem to have several.'
He wanted to remind himself that he was usually fine around women. Smooth even. He was intelligent, funny and could, on occasion, be charming. Just not now, with his blood pumping and his brain doing nothing more than shouting "it's her, it's her" over and over again.
Chemistry, he thought grimly. It could turn the smartest man into a drooling idiot. Here he was, proving the theory true.”
9 likes