Start by marking “Hard Fall” as Want to Read:
Hard Fall

Hard Fall

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  312 ratings  ·  15 reviews
FBI agent Cameron Daggett has for years been on the trail of an international triggerman responsible for planting at least two nearly undetectable explosive devices on airplanes. When a strange murder takes place in a Seattle aircraft training installation, Daggett suspects that his nemesis is involved. The man who was murdered was a specialist in training pilots to fly th ...more
Audio CD, Abridged
Published July 24th 2012 by Brilliance Audio (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Hard Fall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hard Fall

aPriL does feral sometimes
Overheated drama. The soap opera elements are front and center, but I don't think you are supposed to be thinking 'soap opera'. You are supposed to be on the edge of your chair with the thrills, and emotionally whipsawed by the intense drama and action, which to a degree, as a reader, you are. However, if the soap opera begins to take over your conscious awareness, as it did me, you can't help to start snickering, and then guffawing, on occasion.

""Where he should have hesitated, should have resi
Michele
A great action packed read. A bit dated, electronically speaking, but it WAS published in 1992. It's interesting that this is a book about using an aircraft for a terrorist attack on American soil many years before it actually happened on 9/11.
Kenna
I like Pearson's story line, but I don't appreciate the unnecessary language and sexual inuendo. It would be nice to get through his books without reading the F-bomb all the time, or reading random sex scenes. They just don't quite fit into his books. Not that relationships and character development aren't important, but I want to read about the storyline. Not the sexual relations they are having. Seems like without all of that, and minus the constant dropping of the F-bomb (which just makes peo ...more
Bill Donhiser
Good action packed thriller. Airplane disaster, terrorism
Jody
I didn't really know what to expect from this book. I have never heard of this author before and only checked it out becasue I was playing library roulette. (This is where I go into the library with nothing planned and semi-randomly pick a book, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. This time it did.) This is one of those books that leaves you out of breath. I was exhausted after reading this but in a good way. I have already started on another Pearson book and plan on reading all that my ...more
Traveler One
Count me as a Ridley Pearson fan. I'd never read any of his stuff before, and recently picked up "Hard Fall" at a garage sale. Took me 2 days to read it. Pow! If you like rapid-paced action thrillers (I'm a real sucker for them), you're going to like this one.

Now I'll have to track down some of Pearson's other books. And fast.
Jeff Dickison
Pearson is one of my favorite authors, but this is not one of his better books. The plot is full of logical holes that really detract from the story. It is, as always with Pearson, well written. Regrettably, it is not compelling.
Holly
Fast paced, race against time to try to catch some terrorists before they down another plane, i.e.: the term "hard fall". Ridley Pearson never fail to please and deliver a great read.
Cin Masson
Ridley Pearson is such a talented writer. He writes about KGB agents, serial killers and terrorists with authority. The intricate plot was suspensful, well constructed and plausible.
Jacky Brophy
Read a lot of his books 20 years ago, including this one, and I was hooked. It would be interesting to go back and read them again now---
Rae
I just never got hooked by this one. I tried, but ending up losing interest 2/3 of the way through. Just didn't care how it all worked out.
Karen Taylor
Not one of his best but do be warned of some strong language and sexual situations.
Chuck
An FBI agent on the trail of an airplane bombing terrorist.
Fred
Deanna
Deanna added it
Jul 04, 2015
Barbara Gaudreau
Barbara Gaudreau marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2015
Barb Book
Barb Book marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Stephanie Van der staal
Stephanie Van der staal marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
  • Little Saigon
  • The Devil on Lammas Night
  • Whistler's Angel
  • Relics (Brother Petroc, #1)
  • Official Privilege
  • The Killing Gift
  • Conflict of Interest
  • Man of the Hour
  • Vrijdag
  • City of Ice
  • Headwind
  • Caper
  • Murder at the Mendel (A Joanne Kilbourn Mystery #2)
  • The Med (Dan Lenson, #1)
  • Piranhas
  • Verlies
  • Double Jeopardy
  • Red Fox
Ridley Pearson is the author of more than twenty novels, including the New York Times bestseller KILLER WEEKEND; the Lou Boldt crime series; and many books for young readers, including the award-winning children's novels PETER AND THE STARCATCHERS, PETER AND THE SHADOW THIEVES, and PETER AND THE SECRET OF RUNDOON, which he cowrote with Dave Barry. Pearson lives with his wife and two daughters, div ...more
More about Ridley Pearson...
Disney after Dark (Kingdom Keepers, #1) Disney at Dawn (Kingdom Keepers, #2) Disney in Shadow (Kingdom Keepers, #3) Power Play (Kingdom Keepers, #4) Shell Game (Kingdom Keepers, #5)