Start by marking “Inseparable” as Want to Read:
Inseparable

Inseparable (Christine #2)

Ever since discovering her lifelong best friend was sleeping with her (now ex) husband, Christine's trust in other women has been a little shaky. Sure, she has a few close friends, but she's also fiercely independent and shies away from sharing too much with them. When Ruth, one of her colleagues, hears Christine saying that she doesn't feel the need for a best friend, she ...more
Audio CD
Published May 8th 2012 by Brilliance Audio (first published September 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Inseparable, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Inseparable

Lauren
Jan 08, 2012 Lauren rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
When I first received Inseparable in the mail, I was all gun-ho about reading it. The summary made it sound interesting, and I just loved the fact that it was about friendship, so I gave it a try, and I was pleasantly surprised! It turned out to be a fun and quick read, even though I had a few slight problems with it.

Inseparable tells the story of Christine, a middle-aged women living a fun, nearly care-free life in Hamburg, Germany. Christine loves the few close friends she has, but she's never
Jana Heinzelmann
Ich hatte Urlaub mit Papa von Dora Heldt durch Zufall in einem Hostel gefunden während ich in den letzten drei Monaten dort gereist bin. Weil ich gerade nichts andres las dachte ich mir, ich könnte dieses Buch ja mal anfangen denn es klang wirklich lustig. Ich habe das Buch bereits nach einem Tag durch gehabt weil ich die Geschichte super fand! Total lustig geschrieben und eine super Reiselektüre! Da ich danach rausfand, dass dies jedoch schon der dritte Teil einer ganzen Serie ist, habe ich mir ...more
Jasbr
Jun 16, 2015 Jasbr rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: liebe-chick-lit
Christine, die sich in "Ausgeliebt" von ihrem Mann getrennt hat, ist auch in "Unzertrennlich" die Hauptfigur dieses Romans von Dora Heldt. Den ersten Teil muss man aber nicht zwingend im Vorfeld gelesen haben, man kann auch mit diesem Band einsteigen.
Christine wohnt mittlerweile in Hamburg und arbeitet nicht mehr im Außendienst. Mittlerweile hat sich sich einen Freundeskreis in Hamburg aufgebaut und die Trennung von Bernd gut verkraftet. Als sie allerdings eine Kolumne zum Thema "Beste Freundin"
Reader's Paradise
Jan 27, 2012 Reader's Paradise rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review
Inseperable is a story about a 40 year old named Christine and the relationships she'd had in the past years with her "best" friends. For her birthday, her sister and a few friends reunite many of her friends for a birthday get together. The story goes through each friend and what happened to distance them from the other. Christine is a career woman working for a publisher and writes columns for various women's magazines, but due to her recent divorce -- which took changed her life in ways she d ...more
Kjirstin
A woman who's been badly betrayed by her best friend has given up on the idea of "best friends", and the women around her take it upon themselves to find all her friends from the past and bring them together for her birthday. On the way, all the women involved learn something about themselves and about the nature of friendship.

I'm torn about this book. On the one hand, the basic story was very interesting and had the potential to be quite good. On the other hand, the story badly needed the collo
Laurel-Rain
In this sequel to "Life After Forty," Christine is approaching her forty-fourth birthday. Her career is going well: she works for a publishing company and has several regular columns for magazines. She enjoys her life in Hamburg, with amiable friendships.

But in a conversation with one of these friends, Dorothea, she seems a bit jaded about friendships lasting.

From this discussion, Dorothea has an idea and enlists the help of Christine's sister and a few other friends to put together a surprise b
Krystal
Oct 14, 2011 Krystal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Christine is the main character and she is not doing so well in the beginning of the novel. She is starting to feel older, has recently divorced due to a cheating husband, and has lost her best friend. She doesn't quite know what to do about the whole debacle. Christine is slowly losing faith in close friendships, particularly of the female persuasion. Her friends know what they must do. They band together in an attempt to raise Christine's faith and happiness. The novel takes off from there.

Dor
Kristin (Kritters Ramblings)
A wonderful sequel that lived up to the first because it took the story to another level. Christine's friends have helped her survive a separation and a divorce and now they are determined to have her reconnect with her girlfriends of the past. The book is the chronology of her friends finding her friends from the past and gathering them all to celebrate her birthday - it was a fun journey to go on with these characters.

Throughout this book I was thinking of the girlfriends in my life that have
Dianne
Dec 21, 2011 Dianne rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book is set in Germany and that is about the most interesting thing about it. It is supposed to be about friendships, but what it really is about is women having affairs either with married men or while being married themselves, getting drunk, worrying about your age (since when is 44 old?)it is about how all of these women seem to think the grass is greener on the other side.

This is an ensemble piece and the characters are many and it is difficult to keep them all straight. The characters
Elaine
Affairs, broken hearts

After Ruth asks for ideas to make her best friend’s wedding special and then asks Christine to write a column on best friends, she discovers that Christine’s divorce came about because her husband was having an affair with her (Christine’s) best friend. She also discovers that growing up, Christine was never able to hold on to friendships for long as her family was always moving.

In order to do something special for Christine, Ruth and several of Christine’s co-workers/frie
Brina
Feb 24, 2010 Brina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Christine hat sich nach ihrer Scheidung in Hamburg gut eingelebt.
Als ihre Arbeitskollegin die Hochzeit ihrer besten Freundin organisiert, bittet sie Christine, etwas über ihre beste Freundin zu erzählen.
Als Christine daraufhin flüchtet, versuchen ihre Freundinnen und Kolleginnen den Grund dafür herauszufinden.

Als diese herausfinden, wieso Christine Frauenfreundschaften gegenüber kritisch ist, schmieden sie den Plan, alle alten Freundinnen von Christine zu suchen und sie zu überraschen.

„Unzertren
Star
Apr 16, 2012 Star rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Christine is back after her adventures in Life After Forty in Inseparable. She’s getting along well – her job is going like gangbusters and she’s enjoying her quiet life in Hamburg. This time, Christine is questioning the stability of friendships through the test of time. Her close friends and family hatch a plan to surprise Christine for her 44th birthday and include friends from the past.

I didn’t feel any great connection with any of the characters and I don’t know if it was a cultural thing o
Tonya
Oct 28, 2011 Tonya rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-reads
I was so excited to read this book! I didn't read the first one, so I hope that I didn't miss some important background. Although I am sure I did, I still enjoyed this quick and easy read!

I love books about friendships and I thought it really neat that her sister and friend would try and throw a surprise party for her! What could be better after finding out your husband and former BFF were sleeping together??

Fun journey to go on! Dora Heldt writes with such ease, made the journey enjoyable and l
Debby
Jan 22, 2013 Debby rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have read 3 of the books about Christine and her life. At this immediate time in my own life, there is a definite parallel. I have really enjoyed all 3 and plan to read another soon.Dora Heldt
Siti Zulaikha
Mar 29, 2015 Siti Zulaikha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For a woman who got betrayed by her best friend because she had an affair with the ex-husband which resulted in her not believing about having a best friend, the whole book was good as it taught about friendships between women.
Gail Monds
Jan 07, 2014 Gail Monds rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really loved this book. I liked the format and the characters. I will continue to read this series of books about "Christine".
Susanne Pereboom
Susanne Pereboom rated it liked it
Jan 04, 2014
Literaturina
Literaturina rated it really liked it
Jun 01, 2014
Susan Fernandez
Susan Fernandez rated it it was amazing
Apr 07, 2016
Jean Smith
Jean Smith rated it really liked it
Jun 10, 2016
Ela Kötter
Ela Kötter rated it it was amazing
May 03, 2013
Mishale
Mishale rated it it was amazing
May 14, 2011
Jessic0r
Jessic0r rated it did not like it
Sep 20, 2012
Jeanine Middleton
Jeanine Middleton rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2015
Angelina
Angelina rated it liked it
Jul 14, 2015
Julie Ayotte
Julie Ayotte rated it liked it
Oct 10, 2014
Alyssa Miles
Alyssa Miles rated it it was ok
Apr 03, 2015
janeane marie hutton
janeane marie hutton rated it it was ok
Aug 03, 2014
Ute Winne
Ute Winne rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2016
Cricket
Cricket rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Ach, diese Lücke, diese entsetzliche Lücke
  • Linna singt
  • Hundert Jahre ungeküsst: Dornröschens bittersüße Liebesgeschichte (Märchen heute, #2)
  • Trostpflaster
  • ZERO
  • Glasgow RAIN: Küsse im Regen
  • Höhenrausch
  • Föhnlage (Kommissar Jennerwein, #1)
  • Ehebrecher und andere Unschuldslämmer
  • Die Betrogene
  • Say You'll Be Mine
  • Wörter durchfluten die Zeit (BookLessSaga #1)
  • Léon und Louise
  • Dackelblick (Dackel Herkules, #1)
  • Der Sommerfänger (Jette Weingärtner #5)
Dora Heldt is the pen name of Bärbel Schmidt, a German author. Her 2009 novel Tante Inge haut ab reached second place on the bestseller list in Germany.
More about Dora Heldt...

Christine (5 books)
  • Life After Forty (Christine, #1)
  • Urlaub mit Papa (Christine, #3)
  • Tidal Shift (Christine, #4)
  • Kein Wort zu Papa (Christine, #5)