Start by marking “Aftershocks” as Want to Read:
Aftershocks

Aftershocks

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  543 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Model Georgina Hathaway is more than just a beautiful face in a magazine. The twenty-three-year-old's career has brought her independence and a maturity that belies her youth. She can afford the finer things in life, but there's something else she wants: Dr. Elliot Mallory. Dr. Elliot Mallory is older, more experienced and sophisticated than Georgina. Although he doesn't w ...more
Audio
Published March 1st 2012 by Brilliance Audio (first published 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Aftershocks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aftershocks

Like not even close to love

The book was ok, kind of a brainless read. Nothing up to Coulter's usual standards. The thing that drives me out of my mind though when reading this and other books on Kindle are the errors. I understand the publishers don't have the printing expense normally associated with books when dealing with kindle editions, but do they leave out the proofreading step as well? As far as I can tell from reading kindle editions, the answer is a resounding yes, they do! I am extrem
penelopewanders
Well, I kept waiting for the shock announced in the title, but it doesn't really come. I read this on successive mornings while drying off after my morning swim, so it held my interest enough to be able to pick it up (and put it down)... I expect this was written a while ago - we've come a long way, baby!
Kari
After reading a number of early historical books by Ms. Coulter, I figured I'd give one of her early contemporary romances a try. I can't say that I really enjoyed Aftershocks that much. It started out great. Elliot meets and flirts with "George" at a volleyball game. There is a definite attraction between the two of them. There is a bit of a mystery around George and who she really is. Then we find out that she is a model, 23 and very inexperienced. She has chosen Elliot to show her "the ways o ...more
Sana
Catherine Coulter was trying to convey something plausible through Aftershocks but out of the norm. Yes, at times one person in a relationship forces a decision deeming it as best for the relationship. But that is just how they perceive it. The concept of the book is questionable is the sense that something like this is hard to come across.

I found the protagonist to be somewhat childish and unlike the normalities that a person in such a profession comes across. It just highlighted the frequency
Sapheron
3.5 stars. I've often thought, when reading a book I absolutely love, 'why the hell can't I have a second book about these characters just showing their daily life?' Well, Catherine just gave me a hell of a good one... there isn't anything very interesting going on.

Aftershocks wasn't boring, it just went nowhere really. They meet, he's awesome and nice and she's awesome and nice and their relationship is awesome and nice until, for all of 10 pages he's not so awesome and nice, she's not so aweso
Janet R Lamberti
Nice!

Easy reading for relaxing and enjoyment. I look forward to reading the sequel "Afterglow" to see how George and Elliot handle parenthood and their careers.
Denise
Jun 22, 2008 Denise rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who wants romance, and a quick read.
Another good novel by Catherine Coulter. It was thoroughly a romance novel--a good one, but not a great one. It is clearly one of her earlier novels. If this had been the first of her novels that I had read, I would read more. However, if I compare it to her other novels, I find it lacking, as all of her later novels have so much more to them. George is quite an enjoyable character to read about, but the story itself doesn't have that extra umph to it that makes her other novels so wonderful. It ...more
Carissa
To rated R for my taste. I wish books could be rated like movies.
Allison
short and somewhat sappy
Jade
I loved it love how he older and she younger. I did think she was a bit childish in some parts. I didn't like the ending, it was one of the worst ending I read. I did love the subboness that had between Dr Marllory and George. I like how it invlove her family... however i still think it ened quickier than I like.
Catherine
I like the story a lot and I realize this was published decades ago, but there were a lot of typographical errors and misspellings. Also some misuse of words along the lines of compliment vs. complement. I don't think this was one of the exact examples from the book, but it was odd to see so many errors within the book itself. That being said, this is still a fun book to read.
Petie McCarty
This was one of Ms. Coulter's early books but it was still a very enjoyable read. The single week of binge drinking and cigarettes was a little hard to fit with the heroine's storyline, but it didn't buggar up the overall enjoyability too much. Too much else to like about the story.
♆ BookAddict ♨ ✒ La Crimson Femme❇ ♐
Dr. Elliot Mallory and Georgina Hathaway meet. Everything seems to be great. Once again, this is a man with his feet on the ground with a "woman head in the clouds". Sweet romance with predictable happily ever after. Well written and easy read. For romance lovers who like doctors.
Gjbates
Vanessa
A nice story, fast and easy to read. The characters are enjoyable and the romance is touching. Simple plot, nice ending, even if a little corny. I wasn't wowed by it, but I enjoyed it.
Samie Kauchis
First book I've ever read by this Author... Seemed a little off at times, but it was an over all good book. I'll have to consider reading other works by her in the future.
Felicia
Very good romance but Elliott could have been a little bit more realistic. Most men love having a young woman and model. He was very none chalant about it.
Allyssa
I've got an older printing, with a different cover. It's quite worn out. I've really enjoyed this book and read it a number of times.
Lesli
Typical 80s contemporary romance. If you like CC, you might like this. All the dialogue and setting is dated (as can be expected).
Bobbie
Very good - I don't believe I've ever read a good by her before but my daughter says I have. It was good and interesting.
Estelle
The end is pretty awkward, I am still not sure if he Marries her because of love or baby.
Stacy
This was my first Coulter novel and i loved it!
Kara Pruitt
Kara Pruitt marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Beth
Beth added it
Nov 15, 2014
Ifeyinwa
Ifeyinwa marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
0 pages 1 2 Jun 08, 2014 08:46AM
  • Wicked Knight (Knight Brothers, #1)
  • The Greek Tycoon's Runaway Bride
  • Regan's Pride (Long, Tall Texans, #11)
  • Damiano's Return
  • Return to Santa Flores (Loveswept, #40)
  • The Tycoon's Misunderstood Bride
  • Crossing Boundaries (Cape Falls #1)
  • Gabriel Hawk's Lady (The Protectors, #9) (Silhouette Intimate Moments, #830)
  • Impulse
  • Gypsy
  • Princess in the Iron Mask
  • Bought For The Marriage Bed
The Cove (FBI Thriller, #1) The Maze (FBI Thriller, #2) Split Second (FBI Thriller, #15) Point Blank (FBI Thriller #10) Eleventh Hour (FBI Thriller, #7)