Start by marking “Last Rite (Personal Demons, #3)” as Want to Read:
Last Rite (Personal Demons, #3)

Last Rite (Personal Demons #3)

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  1,300 ratings  ·  133 reviews

With the help of the powerful angel Gabe and demon-turned-mortal Luc, Frannie has been able to stay one step ahead of the forces of Hell. But when the demons killed Frannie’s best friend and dest
Audio CD
Published February 5th 2013 by Brilliance Audio (first published May 8th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Last Rite, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Last Rite

Ferdy
Spoilers

Frannie Cavanaugh’s life hasn’t been the same since millennia old demon, Luc walked into her life – she’s since found out that her father’s a fallen angel making her a Nephilim, she discovered that she has the power to Sway demons,angels and humans to do whatever she wants and she fell in love for the first time. Luc was sent by Lucifer to seduce Frannie in order to send her to hell, he failed to follow through with Lucifer’s orders after falling in love with Frannie. Frannie’s powers an
Jennifer Armentrout
Oh, wow... wow, wow, wow. Loved this. *Snuggles Book*
Alec
Marie
Mind-blowing!
Gabe is just so damn cute not too mention hot, loveable, sweet, funny.... Well you get the picture!!
I can't believe what happened to him there at the end!! Pity!
He changed for the best throughut all these books and you watch him get to grips with all of these new emotions and experiences and he ends up fit back to where he was at the beginning!
Wow yeah brilliant ending though-not perfect- but yeah.

We finally get to see some 'magic?' and a taste if the gods and goddesses and their
Sophie Riggsby
Review published on Mundie Moms on 5/18/2012*

Dear Frannie,

When I read Personal Demons, I had to write a letter to Luc because, well a) I’m a Mundie Mom and b) Demon Boys usually spell trouble. But, Luc was lovely and conflicted and oh, Frannie, I know you know exactly what I’m talking about. And yes, he still spelled t-r-o-u-b-l-e.

Katie wrote a letter to your author, Lisa Desrochers, after she finished Original Sin, because let’s face it, Katie was in still in shock at the ending.

I decided to
Pam
GoodReads Synopsis: In this final installment of the thrilling, edgy Personal Demons series, the battle between Heaven and Hell has become critical, and Frannie Cavanaugh is right at the center of it.

With the help of the powerful angel Gabe and demon-turned-mortal Luc, Frannie has been able to stay one step ahead of the forces of Hell. But when the demons killed Frannie's best friend and destroyed her brother, they raised the stakes. If Frannie wants to keep her family and friends safe, she kno
Aydrea
Wow this book was crazy, there was so much going on! The beginning was super emo especially with Luc & Frannie, I actually kind of wanted to smack them both for the way they were acting! And it was also super annoying how dependent Frannie was on Gabe. And the worst part is she knew what she was doing to him and she felt bad, but yet she did it anyway! Frannie is quite a frustrating character in this book, but she does some pretty BA things to be honest. She made me really nervous and I thou ...more
Paola
5 stars out of 5
Oh my god! This book just left me speechless, like for real. Okay, so this is the end of one of the best series I've ever read. It made me feel everything, I laughed, cried, gasped, went all crazy and even felt lust lol.
So in this last book of Personal Demons; Frannie, Luc and Gabe go on this journey where they have to run away from everything because they are being chased by Hell. I'm gonna be honest, I didn't quite remember what happened in the second book but the more I read t
Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru
I'm not sure how I feel about this finale. I'm really quite torn. I was so freaking frustrated while reading this book. Luc wouldn't open up, but at least he was the only one of the MCs not doing anything overly stupid. Frannie kept lying and hiding things and Gabe didn't even try to keep himself from being changed mortal. I really wanted to throttle Frannie and Gabe. Eventually, I wanted something bad to happen so that they would stop being such idiots.

There's really not too much to say without
Cassandra Frederick
I can’t believe I’m actually giving this one less than five stars. After enjoying Personal Demons and Original Sin so much, I was expecting the final book in this series to be amazing. But Last Rite was a let down for me. Almost nothing happened in the first half of the book. Pretty much all Frannie, Luc and Gabe did was obsess over their tragic love lives, which annoyed me. You’d think that with the army of hell after them, they’d have more pressing things to worry about, but nope.

Another let d
Marulett
Great finale for an a very very very very good series!!

Frannie just kicks some major ass and everything works out in the end. Amazingly well written, I couldnt put it down, this one is seriously a page turner.

If you havent read this series, shame on you...youre missing on a great story, a unique female lead and of course ubber yummy bad and good boys. You can start the Personal Demons roller coaster with Personal Demons and continue with Original Sin and end this thrilling ride with Last Rite.

P
Kiki
Lisa D. did such an amazing job with the last book in the PD series. I was moved to tears with the agonizing exchanges between Frannie and Luc, and every moment they spent apart was like a waste of a second in hell. There were moments where I just wanted to look the other way when Frannie and Gabe got close; he's my pure angel. :) I didn't want him tainted.

Fans of this series will not be disappointed as we come to understand Frannie's power of Sway and what she can do with it. Lucifer bites the
Valy P.
5 stelle -
Recensione qui: http://sparklefrombooks.blogspot.it/2...
Sono davvero contenta di aver portato a termine questa serie recuperando l’ultimo libro in lingua, perché meritava davvero di essere letto. Continuerò a ripetere all’infinito il mio dispiacere per l’interruzione di questa ennesima trilogia e non smetterò mai di consigliarla a chiunque mi capiti a tiro. Ad ogni modo, “Last Rite” riprende pochissimi minuti dopo rispetto al punto in cui terminava il libro precedente. Si tratta di un
Aphrodite
woow....... Ill miss you guys:(
Kara
Sep 30, 2011 Kara marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Omg. Look at that cover!!! <333
Joti
Katie
SPOILER ALERT: If you haven't read the first two books in this trilogy this review will contain spoilers.

Last Rite is the perfect ending to the Personal Demons trilogy. Lisa Desrochers tied everything up nicely and I was left with a smile on my face. While I'm sad to say goodbye to the great characters I'm completely satisfied with the way things ended.

Frannie is just as kick-ass as ever but she isn't quite as spunky as she was in the previous books. A lot has happened and grief has made her a m
Lynsey
I was incredibly lucky to win the last ARC of Last Rite from Lisa Desrochers herself many months ago now and I immediately devoured the book in one sitting. I’m a HUGE fan of this book series and it goes without saying that if you haven’t read Personal Demons or Original Sin, please go no further as you will encounter spoilers.

If you’re still with me, you’ll know that this is the last book in the trilogy which makes it a bittersweet reading experience. I mean, I was dying to know what happened b
Grace Fonseca
Book Review:

Every time a series comes to an end, I feel a bit of sadness. This book had so much in it. It felt like a journey had ended. I mean it utterly made me feel so many emotions. My emotions were pulled in every direction as I was reading this book. Excitement, happiness, OMG moments, sadness and tears at times, surprises that were unexpected.

Books that are truly awesome do this. They make you feel something. What each character does in this book is really fantastic as it is the grand f
Nandanie
Jenny
Last Rite picks up immediately following the events of Original Sin, sparing us barely a moment to take a deep breath before we’re launched into the middle of the ongoing battle between Heaven and Hell. Those who may be a little foggy on the details of book two may want to consider rereading the concluding chapters at the very least, as Ms. Desrochers spends very little time reintroducing characters and events, instead focusing on moving things forward at a lightning-quick speed that leaves us f ...more
Pedmy
Kelly Hager
I read the first two books in this trilogy last year, in fairly quick succession. I read the first book a week or two before BEA and was full of hope that I'd be able to get book two at BEA, saving me from having to wait a few extra weeks to read it. (I was not that lucky.) Fast forward to now, a year later. I still love this series, one of the most fun paranormal YA offerings in recent memory. I love Frannie and her two potential boyfriends, Luc (short for "Lucifer," a guy who used to be a demo ...more
Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids
reviewed for MM's by Sophie

Dear Frannie,

I decided to write this letter
Radiant
Atlast...i got a chance to read and finish this book and i enjoyed the last series fully..

Frannie is with Luc and Gabe away from family in a safe place...is it?Nope bcoz who they all want to avoid the most is messing with Fannie's mind and is confusing her more than ever...
Luc is determined to save Frannie even if costs hating her and Gabe wants to save her even though that means him turning mortal..
And Frannie is sucked in the mysterious nightmares,a green eyed angel who promises her to keep sa
Carina
Meh.

The characters didn't really evolve for my liking. It actually felt like they moved backwards instead of forward. The love triangle, turned into, a love disaster, really. And I was extremly unhappy about it. I also kept rolling my eyes at so much "It's all my fault, I have to stay away from everyone" coming from all the characters and I mostly kept reading, cause I wanted this to be over already.
I thought there was gonna be some growth in this book. That something was gonna change and WOW m
Megan
I was not sure how Lisa Desrochers would be able to end this series in a satisfying way. I worried that every one of the characters that I had fallen in love with would die in an awful ending. I should have trusted Frannie and Lisa Dez more! The ending was so satisfying and interesting and believable that I loved it. I was so glad that it ended the way that it did. I loved the overall message that came from the story. I loved seeing God in a book about demons and angels. That has been my biggest ...more
Jessica
Had the potential to be sooo much better! I couldn't even get through the first twenty pages.
Maria
Dec 11, 2012 Maria marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012, books-i-own
Review to come!
Gabe or Luc? 4 49 Sep 14, 2012 11:21PM
  • A Touch Morbid (A Touch Trilogy, #2)
  • Speed of Light (Fenestra, #3)
  • Betrayed (The Guardian Legacy, #1)
  • A Want So Wicked (A Need So Beautiful, #2)
  • Fury (Mercy, #4)
  • The Springsweet (The Vespertine, #2)
  • Nephilim (Academy of the Fallen, #2)
  • Eternity (Fallen Angel, #2)
  • Shine (Shade, #3)
  • Dreaming Awake (Falling Under, #2)
  • Wings of the Wicked (Angelfire, #2)
  • Wicked Kiss (Nightwatchers, #2)
  • Absolution (Heavenly, #3)
  • Sternenschimmer (Sternenschimmer, #1)
  • Angel Fever (Angel, #3)
  • Tirade (Heven and Hell, #3)
  • Foretold (The Demon Trappers, #4)
  • Perception (Clarity, #2)
Lisa Desrochers is the USA Today bestselling author of the A LITTLE TOO FAR series, courtesy of HarperCollins. Also in stores is her YA PERSONAL DEMONS trilogy (Macmillan). Look for her upcoming adult contemporary featuring hot Mafiosi, begining with OUTSIDE THE LINES , coming from Penguin in October 2015.

She lives in central California with her husband and two very busy daughters. There is n
More about Lisa Desrochers...

Personal Demons (3 books)
  • Personal Demons (Personal Demons, #1)
  • Original Sin (Personal Demons, #2)
Personal Demons (Personal Demons, #1) A Little Too Far (A Little Too Far, #1) Original Sin (Personal Demons, #2) A Little Too Much (A Little Too Far, #2) A Little Too Hot (A Little Too Far, #3)