Start by marking “The Man Who Talks with the Flowers: The Intimate Life Story of Dr. George Washington Carver” as Want to Read:

During his life time George Washington Carver was referred to as the black Leonardo da Vinci. His research into alternative crops to replace cotton, such as peanuts, soybeans and sweet potatoes revolutionized Southern farming. Carver was born into slavery, once slavery was abolished Carver traveled expensively to study and educate himself. He was the first head of the Agri ...more
Published September 1st 2011 by Wilder Publications (first published 1939)

To ask other readers questions about The Man Who Talks with the Flowers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Man Who Talks with the Flowers

Jeremy Kelton
Aug 06, 2011 Jeremy Kelton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A beautiful psychospiritual biography of George Washington Carver. The writing style is awesome because you don't notice it, which leaves you focused on and connecting with the subject of the biography. It is short...I read it in about 3 hours total. But it paints a beautiful picture of an inspirational man who surrendered his whole being to the deeper reality that bore a huge effect on the seen world. I recommend it highly.
Peter C
Oct 03, 2008 Peter C rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Who knew that George Washington Carver had such a deep side to him, this book was great at showing the less 3rd grade friendly peanut fanatic and the truly loving and spiritual person he was. Not to mention this and the other Glenn Clark books go for about $2 on half.com. Cha-Ching, I-CHing.
Sava Hecht
Nov 04, 2007 Sava Hecht rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A sweet little book about a great man. If you only know of his inventions, you will learn so much more about him from this easy to read bio of Carver written by someone who actually knew him.
Sandi Kay
This man was so filled with the light of God. When Albert Einstien talked about wanting to know God's thoughts, this man knew and was brilliant! Excellent book, would give it more stars if I could!
Sharon Johnson
Dec 24, 2012 Sharon Johnson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very compelling and inspiring.
Gregory
Sep 06, 2013 Gregory rated it it was amazing
This book is exceptional in many ways, we see an intimate and loving portrayal of a beautiful friendship, and the difficulties of living. This is a quick overview into the life of George Washington Carver's viewpoints of life and how his service to humanity was given freely to enrich ourlives to this day and future days. Life with its multiplicity simplified. Also we see what George Washington Carver teaches us today about the sincerity of humility, what I found very fascinating is that Mr. Carv ...more
Kelley Taylor
Jun 03, 2014 Kelley Taylor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-read
Spiritual book on a brilliant scientist and beautiful soul. Covers prayer, what new age genre calls "channeling" though Christians will most likely never call it that, and the golden key to talking with flowers (see part II). There's a great poem, one of Dr. Carver's favorites, to give to any graduate at end of part I. Just a great book on realizing potential despite all odds.
July 11, 2014
Andrea
I highly recommend this book. After I finished reading it, I wanted more. i found some underline worthy -lines throughout that have truly changed my perspective on nature, spirituality, and George Washington Carver.
Naomi
Jan 31, 2013 Naomi rated it liked it
Shelves: history
This is a spiritual look at Dr. George Washington Carver, and one that is showing its age, especially around racial language and images.
Austin Wright
Jun 27, 2014 Austin Wright rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Seemed like the book was trying to push Carver into Sainthood. Highly religious perspective from the author about a highly religious man.
Chip Hunter
Dec 29, 2016 Chip Hunter rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought I knew who George Washington Carver was, having been taught about him early in my public schooling (probably around 5th grade). He's the guy that invented peanut butter, right? A black man that became a great scientist and invented peanut butter. That's about the extent of what I was taught. Well, this little book reveals the true Dr. Carver as a highly-spiritual, God-led man that became respected around the world even in his own day. Apparently, discovering how to make peanut butter w ...more
M Glaze
Mar 07, 2017 M Glaze rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book Club

We read this and discussed in our book club. So much admiration for Carver; what he accomplished, as well as what he overcame. His fortitude, and his relationship with the Creator.

The idea of waking up each day at four o'clock in the morning, going outside, into the woods and gathering specimens while asking God to direct the activities of the day, sounds so wonderful but I doubt I'd do it once, much less on a regular basis!

A short read, that will leave lasting impressions and is both
Sharon Johnson
Jul 02, 2012 Sharon Johnson rated it it was amazing

This book was very inspiring and was exactly what I was looking for. The Carver you can't read about in a encyclopedia. The memoirs of people who knew Carver are amazing. Quick read; well worth the time.
Mrs. Chamberlain
Mrs. Chamberlain rated it it was amazing
Aug 22, 2016
Onkar Marbhal
Onkar Marbhal rated it it was amazing
Mar 28, 2013
Tina
Tina rated it it was amazing
Jun 23, 2012
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was amazing
Sep 28, 2015
Gretchen Howard
Gretchen Howard rated it it was amazing
Jun 28, 2014
Garnette DaCosta
Garnette DaCosta rated it really liked it
Jun 21, 2016
Talia
Talia rated it it was amazing
Jun 11, 2014
Shelley Best
Shelley Best rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2015
Jean Simms
Jean Simms rated it it was amazing
Mar 16, 2017
Suyog
Suyog rated it liked it
Dec 25, 2013
Jenmclamb
Jenmclamb rated it it was amazing
Jul 03, 2014
Louis McCall
Louis McCall rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2014
Connie Mc
Connie Mc rated it really liked it
Feb 28, 2010
Vesna Denić
Vesna Denić rated it really liked it
Oct 11, 2016
Lance
Lance rated it really liked it
Aug 10, 2015
Loralei Brown
Loralei Brown rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2016
Gelene Keever
Gelene Keever rated it it was amazing
Apr 17, 2014